3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Daily Check In: How many calories today? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/294003-daily-check-how-many-calories-today.html)

Hoopty 06-03-2014 04:41 PM

Dottington - Girl I swear, I have noticed it too that we're kind of the same when it comes to calories/food :D Honestly, this was my first attempt at staying under a certain amount of calories on a splurge day. I usually pig out and end up having about 4000-6000 calories (even though I could easily eat more than that...). I don't really wanna limit myself because I see it as "I can eat whatever I want"-day but I know that it's the wrong approach. How are you gonna avoid those situations in the future? I know what you mean by not pre-planning. Gah that's the worst. That's when I just pick up whatever and eat whatever and BOOM. Calorie-shock lol.

--

Yesterday's calories: 1530
Today's calories: 1700

I went back to the gym today after a 4-day break, did a little over 5km on the treadmill, 30min of strength training and 15min of stretching. According to my "plan" I could've had 1800 calories today and 1600 yesterday but because I had way too many on my splurge day I tried to cut back a little.
I'm aiming for 1600 calories tomorrow. TOM should be here any minute and I am having cravings but I am working them into my calories.

abbyin 06-03-2014 09:03 PM

1059/1350 and low fat today (finally). I really want to get these last 3 lbs off by the end of the month. I've been at 133 for 3 months. Time to move on :)

1bighog 06-04-2014 09:01 AM

After 2 weeks, I finally posted a loss. Granted, it was only 0.2 lbs, but I'll take it. This is how it went on the scale this morning (my last recorded weight 2 weeks ago was 160.8):
Crawl out of bed.
Empty my bladder.
Stand on scale with t-shirt & panties, it reads 161.8.
Brush my teeth, take off my clothes to get ready for workout.
Put on socks.
Stand on scale, it reads 159.6! Whaaat!
Step off the scale, take my socks off (really?), get back on the scale.
It reads 160.6. No.
Do it again. 160.6. Wait!
Again. 160.6.
Ugh. Was so looking forward to the 150s, which I haven't seen since probably 2008 or 2009, plus it's my last 10 pounds, and 159 looks so much prettier on the scale than 160, and, and, and, and....

I recorded my official weight as 160.6. 159...I'm hunting you down!

Dottington 06-04-2014 11:35 AM

Hoopty-yeah I totally understand the allure of having a free for all kind of day to keep you motivated. For me, I think I'm going to try not having a planned cheat day each week. I think I'm going to try and save splurge days for when its an actual occasion to splurge. I'm really starting to think its not worth it :/ So I'm going to preplan my weekend food and hope that I'm able to get through the weekend! I just have to remember-its just food and I decide how much I eat ;)

bighog-Ah! So close to the 50s! You've got this :)

Ended yesterday around 1843. I went on a 4 mile hike in the morning and really pushed myself. It was weird bc it was the first time I tried more intense hiking on a low carb day and at first I felt awful. Just struggling, then after a little over half way I started feeling amazing! I realized I was super hyper and didn't want my hike to end so lengthened it by going up a really steep hill then looping back. It was incredible how much energy I had. But I was then STARVING the entire day. I still kept my macros pretty good and 1800 is my goal on hiking days, but I hated feeling so hungry! I think I just need to get used to doing more intense exercise on the lower carb.
Today I'm going to hop on the stationary bike and do some strength training :dancer:

Hoopty 06-04-2014 04:58 PM

Today's calories: 1864
I came back from the gym about 45min ago, ate dinner and then I started craving a peanut butter sandwich. I was really battling myself but ended up having 2 teaspoons of peanut butter and just a few almonds and I'm good now.
Gotta work late tomorrow so I'm making it a rest day. I have to ride my bike out to the city to run a few errands before work anyways so that will be my exercise for the day.

--

Dottington - You're right, we are in control of what we eat and I think if you pre-plan then you'll manage! By the way, I am so envious that you have such beautiful hiking spots near you. There are literally none over here where I live and I've always wanted to go hiking, preferably somewhere in the desert lol.

1bighog - I laughed when I read your post! :lol: The scale can be so mean sometimes (more like...80% of the time haha) but you're sooo close to the 150s, you'll be there very soon! :crossed:

abbyin - Good job staying on plan! And good luck with the last 3 lbs, you can do it!

Candidcamster 06-04-2014 07:55 PM

Hi everyone, I am posting my daily calories a little early, I've had a rough week, more days than not so far were not good and as a result I am a few pounds up. It won't count until Friday though lol, per my 3fc weight loss challenge weigh in (as seen here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ml#post5004827 ) but I weighed in naked again and was up to 287 lbs. (a few months ago this would be heaven, but at this point it's disappointing) we will see what Friday morning holds.

In the meantime I am working at getting better, I really want to make my goal of 240 lbs. by December 31, 2014 so I am trying to drink in and apply as much good weight loss advice as I can.

For breakfast I had 2 servings (1 1/2 cup ) of Trader Joe's Honey Nut Os Honey Flavored Whole Grain Cereal + Trader Joe's Whole Milk 1 cup ( 240 ml ).

For lunch (my biggest meal I think) I had Trader Joe's Veggie Masala Burger + Whole Foods Wheat Hotdog Bun+ Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup (2 servings/2 tbsp) + Whole Foods Vegetarian Raw Blue Cheese Crumbles (1 serving)+Trader Joe's Traditional Latkes Potato Pancakes (1 serving/2 pancakes)

Dinner will be Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (1 serving/4 pieces) + Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce (1 serving/2 tbls) + Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey (1 serving/1 tsp) + Trader Joe's Traditional Latkes Potato Pancakes (1/2 a serving/1 pancake)

Snacks were Ricos Nacho Cheese Sauce 1 mini cup + Trader Joe's - Soup & Oyster Crackers (1 serving/14 crackers), South Beach Diet Good to Go Bars Extra Fiber Fudge Graham (1 bar/1 serving) and Vita Muffin Tops Chocolate Chip (1 serving/1 muffin). Also adding 1 cup of Trader Joe's Fresh organic blueberries & some Trader Joe's Pineapple Spears.

My official calories for the day is 1,804 of 1,780, but I also threw away a part of my bun from Whole Foods (it wasn't great, Trader Joe's honey wheat hotdog buns are so much better) so calories are approximate.

texscrapper 06-04-2014 10:49 PM

1200/1600 today - really not that hungry, but I'm sure I'll make it up tomorrow.

Dottington 06-05-2014 10:35 AM

Hoopty-I love my desert haunts haha I'm such a desert rat and I love desert hiking, I know I'm lucky. Its too hot now though(over 100 everyday) so I have to go early or go up the mountain until fall for hikes. In LA, where my bf lives, its still cool enough though. Where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Candidcamster-Keep to your plan and I'm sure the scale will be headed back down soon :)

Yesterday ended at 1551. My day was totally off schedule(family stuff mainly) and I didn't get to exercise :mad: But at least I ate within my calories. Carbs were a little high, but still lower then they had been, so I'm happy as long as I'm under 130 really. Today I'm going for a hike.

Hoopty 06-05-2014 05:29 PM

Dottington - I'm sorry you couldn't exercise :( I hate when I make plans and then suddenly things happen. I live in the very north of Germany. Despite the fact that the weather sucks over here, it's a very flat area. I would love to hike in the desert, it's definitely on my bucket list!

--

Today's calories: 1502
DH and I discovered cookie butter tonight and OH EM GEE how have I never heard of it before?? It's sooooo good but sooo horrible for you at the same time. I had maybe...3 full teaspoons tonight and I feel guilty. I had to stop myself from getting up and having more.
Anyways, we'll be going to the gym tomorrow night, so I'm aiming for 1700-1800.

Hoopty 06-06-2014 07:08 AM

Ended up having more of the cookie butter last night right before bed. Calories must have been around 2000. So today with work and the gym later I'm aiming for 1600.

1bighog 06-06-2014 08:32 AM

I did it. I finally broke that barrier. 150s and 9 lbs to go til goal.

Okay, now that I'm over the shock I've come back to add more. :)
So, we're moving over 1,000 miles away in about 8 weeks. We've known this was a possibility since April, it became reality yesterday. That means I have to leave my amazing trainer, who is the one who kicked my butt and made me addicted to working out. I can deal with everything else, I don't know if I can deal without Joe. :( He moved up here a few years ago from another state and still has some old clients he trains via Skype. I don't think I'll like that, though.

And then I'm worried because with all the packing and house stuff to take care of over the next few weeks, I'm afraid my eating will suffer from just being rushed and stressed.

I've started working on my fitness plan for after I move, and that's to do Shaun T's Insanity. At least until I can find a workout program I will love. My trainer's style is similar, but we use more varied movements and small equipment, such as dumbbells, stability balls, medicine balls, resistance bands, etc. All stuff I already own or can easily purchase.

If everything goes as it is planned in my head, I should only need to take about a week off from working out. That's a lot for me, considering I work out twice a day whenever possible.

Dottington 06-06-2014 11:10 AM

1bighog-Yay! Congrats :D It must feel really good to be so close to goal :) Good luck with the move, it sounds like you have a solid plan to deal with it.

Hoopty-Cookie butter is evil! :devil: Before finding out about my gluten intolerance I couldn't keep it around bc I'd eat it all! I've never been to Germany, interesting that its so flat. For the ultimate desert hiking you should plan a trip to Joshua Tree or Death Valley. Or my hometown, Palm Springs :D Then you could hike and afterwards get margaritas and mexican food downtown like all the other hikers there lol

Ended yesterday at 1808 which was fine since I hiked. Carbs were kept in check as well. Today I'm aiming for 1400-1600(going to see a friend so not sure about the whole days eating).

Brandnewday 06-06-2014 06:25 PM

Can I join you here? I have done weight watchers in the past, but I'm going to stick with calorie counting for a while. Started Monday (of course) with a calorie goal of 1350/day. So far so good. Down 6 lbs as of this morning!

Hoopty 06-07-2014 07:32 AM

Yesterday's calories: 1683
Had too much cookie butter and peanut butter but at least DH and I finished the whole darn thing. Won't buy it no more, it's too good and too unhealthy. I had a pretty intense workout at the gym though, so I hope I burned a few of those calories.

1bighog 06-07-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandnewday (Post 5018799)
Can I join you here? I have done weight watchers in the past, but I'm going to stick with calorie counting for a while. Started Monday (of course) with a calorie goal of 1350/day. So far so good. Down 6 lbs as of this morning!

Welcome! Just jump right in and update us on how you're doing!