Daily Check In: How many calories today?

You're on Page 19 of 35
Go to
  • Hi everyone, here's what was on the menu 5/25 -
    Breakfast - rader Joe's Whole Milk 1 cup & Trader Joe's Honey Nut Os Honey Flavored Whole Grain Cereal 1 serving (3/4 cup measured) + Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (5 nuggets/1 serving) with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories)

Lunch - Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (4 nuggets/1 serving) with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) + a double serving of Trader Joe's Oyster crackers (28 crackers) .

Dinner - Trader Joe's Veggie Burger (Tomato Basil Pizza) 1 patty , Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese 1/2 a Slice, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup, Trader Joes Honey Wheat Hot Dog Bun

Snacks - (2) slices of Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread (80 calories per slice) + Trader Joe's Cream Cheese, 2 oz (2 servings)

My total calories came to 1838 out of my allotted 1780 (I went over by 58 calories *ack*) .
  • Today's calories: 1835
    That was a close one. I had a Twix bar and a little bit of rice pudding with cherries at work, then when I got home I ate too much of raspberry müsli. We went to the gym afterwards and I did a few extra minutes on the treadmill: 6.74 kilometers in 40min (including 3min warmup and 3min cool down). I usually do 33min but I felt like I had to run a bit longer. Then I did about 20min of strength training and 10min of stretching. My weight was at 142.2lbs this morning and I somehow have the feeling it'll be up tomorrow. Maybe because I am not satisfied with what I ate today.
  • 1130/1350 calories for the day. I've been taking a lot of breaks lately but jumped back in today. I'm close to my goal so I think I need to finish this thing up. 25 minutes of calisthenics and weights today. Everyone looks like they are working hard! Keep up the good work
  • I was on a Trader Joe's tofu nugget kick today (5/26), it's my favorite food of the moment . My calories are supposed to be 1780, but I came in at under 1500 today because I didn't have much of an appetite for anything but brownies and nuggets.

Breakfast was Trader Joe's Whole Milk 1 cup & Trader Joe's Honey Nut Os Honey Flavored Whole Grain Cereal 1 serving (3/4 cup measured) .

For lunch I had Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (4 nuggets/1 serving) with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) + Glenny's 100 calorie brownie and a double serving of Trader Joe's Oyster crackers (28 crackers) .

And finally for dinner I ate Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (8 nuggets/2 servings) with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) + Glenny's 100 calorie brownie (these are SOOO good, especially if you warm it in the toaster oven/oven for a couple of minutes).
  • Well yesterday I just let loose. And the good news is that today, I am NOT hungry! lol.

Food Yesterday: a lot of party stuff - cake, chips, fruit, veges, cheese, meats, olives, crackers, bread, BEER! Total Calories: I have no idea, probably in the 2000+ range.
  • Ah! Sorry I was away, went on a weekend getaway and my bf proposed! Eating was TERRIBLE, but I don't regret it since it was a very special weekend and I'm back on plan now
  • Omg, you are the third person that I "know" that has been proposed to this past weekend. Congratulations!!!
  • Dottington - AAAHHHHH!!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you!! It must have been such a special weekend, I mean you were already super excited to begin with
  • Today's calories: 1608
    I was off from work but went to the gym where I did 33min on the treadmill plus 20min strength training.
    Tomorrow will be a rest day since I have to work late. So I'm gonna aim for 1600 calories again, maybe 1500.
  • 1250 calories today. Weights and calisthenics. Congratulations Dottington! Sorry, in a hurry today. Hopefully post more tomorrow
  • Best wishes Dottington, that is splendid news! Greetings everyone, I weighed in today and I am below my goal of 286 lbs. by 5/30, I am now 284.2 lbs. *woohoo* lol with 2 days to spare before weigh in. My next goal is to reach 278 lbs., thank you to everyone for your kind words and support!!

My meals today were -

For breakfast I enjoyed Trader Joe's Whole Milk 1 cup & Trader Joe's Honey Nut Os Honey Flavored Whole Grain Cereal 1 serving (3/4 cup measured) .

For lunch I had what amounts to a whole bag of Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (12 nuggets/3 servings) along with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 4 tbls 90 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 2 tsp 120 calories) + Glenny's 100 calorie brownie and a one serving of Trader Joe's Oyster crackers (14 crackers) .

Lastly for dinner I enjoyed Tabatchnick Organic Vegetarian Chili 1 pouch (1 serving), Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup 2 tbsp (2 servings), Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese Slices 1 slice, and a one serving of Trader Joe's Oyster crackers (14 crackers) + + Glenny's 100 calorie brownie .

My total calories for the day was 1732, everything was delicious but I shouldn't have eaten so many nuggets *yikes*. I can't wait to go grocery shopping over the weekend, I plan to pick up a Tofurky vegan cheese pizza!
  • Yesterday I didn't come anywhere near my allotted calories between busy-ness and not being hungry I managed 1100 of my 1600 cals. I'm sure I'll be hungry today to "make up" for the deficit!

Yesterday's menu:
    B - Egg Beaters Omelette with spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and Gouda cheese (146 cal)

S - Rice cake with laughing cow sheesh wedge (90)

L - large salad with lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, tomatoes, deli ham, Caesar vinegrette dressing (171 cal)

S - Jolly Time 100 cal popcorn (100 cal)

D - Chicken Spaghetti and salad (429 cal)

S - 2 Oreo mint cream cookies, deli ham and frigo light string cheese (230)
  • Total will be the typical B/L/D of 300 calories each and two snacks of 150 calories each for a daily total of 1200 calories...I'm just dreading tomorrow. My daughter and I are spending the afternoon with my mother which means a continuous bombardment of food. Like a typical mother and despite my 40+ years, nothing seems to make her happier than to see me eat!
  • Munchy-haha I think its the season or something. Thanks!

Hoopty-I tend to get REALLY excited for things lol Thanks

Abbyin-Thanks!

Candidcamster-Thank you! And great job reaching your goal

texscapper-I find I always seem to even out after a less hungry day.

Bunny924-Good luck with seeing your mom and staying within your calories! Maybe you can plan for a little extra tomorrow though so you can still fit in a treat or two and not have to stress about it so much.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I'm very happy Yesterday got my calories in more control-ended around 1800ish. Over the weekend I was averaging 3000 per day Today and Friday are really busy for me so I'm probably not going to get in much exercise so I'm aiming on keeping my calories lower then normal and cutting carbs a little to get rid of the water weight. I think there might have been some trace amounts of gluten in the food I ate over the weekend because I'm totally swollen like a balloon! It always amazes me how much water I can retain and how much my weight fluctuates. Yesterday I was up 10lbs from the weekend! Obviously I didn't eat nearly enough to warrant any real fat gain(if I did it would only be .5lb to 1lb MAX), in fact with all the hiking I did I ended up being around maintenance for the week total. Still is depressing to see though. Today I'm down 3lbs from yesterday and I know it will continue down as I continue on plan

I'm including some pics from the weekend bc I'm just so excited and want to share with everyone haha I'm all gross in the pictures because he proposed while we were hiking!

• i've been scattered so haven't posted.

omg, dottington!! congratulations! you guys look adorable. i hope you can share wedding planning stuff as it comes up. i am really happy for you.

coach is trying something new on me. it's a type of carb cycling. it's day two of low carb and is easier than i thought. of course, low for me is 50 grams of carbs, so... not extremely low.

5/26 - 2,218 cals 176 carbs 132 fats 108 protein (had cold stone ice cream... so fats are outrageous. - 3.5 hours squat/bench/squat and conditioning
    5/27 - 1,829 cals 52carbs 90 fats 205 protein - 2 hours conditioning
    5/28 - 1,862 cals 54 carbs 95 fats 199 protein - 2.5 hours deads/bench/deads

i think the lack of carbs hasn't caught up with me yet, but it's pretty easy so far to eat like this. after five days, i will be eating in various other ways (all protein one day, all carbs the next and then 5 days of hi carb/hi protein low fats) for seven days and then back to VLC for 5.

likely, because i am so fat, i don't really need this, but i will be a guinea pig for my coach. nbd.