Daily Check In: How many calories today?

You're on Page 18 of 35
Go to
  • Candidcamster-yeah aside from trader joes, I also am lucky to have 2 really good health food type grocery stores near me. One of them is also completely vegetarian, so that's very convenient

Katarina-You're doing so well! I'm not really on any particular diet(aside from being gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant, and vegetarian). I guess I generally eat lower carbish, high fat, and moderate protein(still working on getting more in). I cook mostly from scratch, count calories, and exercise What about you?

oxalis-that homemade ice cream sounds delish!

1bighog-lol I like your daughters attitude.

itsmejessica-great job getting back on track

Well am up today, but I'm not bothered bc I know exactly why. Had way more carbs than normal and way more sodium than normal I have to be so careful, my body loves to swell up. I ended up doing 45 min on the exercise bike so I've actually been getting a little more exercise in this week. Going for a hike this morning and need to get in my 2nd strength workout sometime before Monday. Going away for the weekend, but will still try and check in!
  • After 4 binges I finally managed to stay under 2000 calories today. Also went to the gym and did the usual - 5km run and 30min strength training. I have decided to change up my plan so this is what I'm gonna do:

1. No work + no gym - 1400 calories
    2. No work + gym or work + no gym - 1600 calories
    3. Work + gym - 1800 calories
    4. Splurge day - max. 2500 calories, max. once every 10 days

My main focus for the next 7 days is to get rid of the extra 1.5 lbs of fat I have gained due to the binges. I am hoping for an easy transition back to the healthy track, the first day is always the hardest for me.

Dottington - You go girl! Ticker shows 138, I am so happy for you!! Have a fun and safe weekend!

Candidcamster - 1780 calories sounds reasonable to me, are there any trigger foods you have that cause cravings?

katerina11 - Holy moly, look at your exercise, you're a beast!!! How do you even manage to work out like that, that's awesome!!

itsmejessica - Hi and welcome back!

oxalis - That homemade ice cream sounds so good! Would be too dangerous for me as I'd probably eat it way too often

1bighog - Well your daughter is absolutely right! Just 10 more pounds, you're so close to goal!!
  • May
    date - weight - calories - macros - exercise
    15. 228.8 - 2,227 calories - 194 carbs 81 fats 210 protein - rest day.
    16. 227.2 - 2,230 calories - 148 carbs 100 fats - 185 protein - 2.5 hours conditioning
    17. 223.4 - 2,404 calories - 176 carbs 98 fats 199 protein - rest day
    18. 225.0 - 2,308 calories - 219 carbs 124 fats 131 protein - rest day
    19. 225.0 - 2,145 calories - 142 carbs 94 fats 174 protein - squats bench kettlebell 2 hours 40 minutes total.
    20. 225.2 - 2,217 calories - 166 carbs 112 fats 144 protein - active recovery/conditioning 1 hour total
    21. 224.8 - 2,090 calories - 105 carbs 124 fats 151 protein - 3.25 hours bench press, deadlifts, rack pulls, kettlebell snatches and clean and press, and BURPEES blech!
    22. 224.8 - 2,611 calories - 320 carbs!!! 93 fats 116 protein - 500 yards sled drags +200 lbs.
    23. 227.0 -2,023 calories - 192 carbs 66 fats 153 protein - sheiko style bench/squat/bench 2 hours

so yesterday, i veered off course and consumed a huge amount of carbs. i needed it though, because this is week 2 post-meet and week 1 of intense conditioning and yesterday i was deep bone tired. in the way i only feel when i have the flu. i woke up after 13 hours total of sleep this morning feeling happy and chipper.

so obviously i needed the rest and carbs. i was trying to sleep inbetween sled drags

weight is up, but it will be back down. no worries. i think i will be better conditioned next week and hopefully won't drag my *** so much on thursday.

dottington hi, i was wondering because you said you became nauseated/migraine after eating something, and was wondering what it might have been. i am also lactose intolerant (dx as a teen), and avoid gluten (most of the time! yesterday i went crazy). when i was pregnant, if i had one slice of bread i was vomiting. i don't know why i was so gluten sensitive while pregnant, but i try to avoid it now, just because that experience was so intense.

and thanks! i am in the first phase of training with a six month arc and this phase is so flippin hard for me. you seem like you've got a good training regimen as well. hiking is so much fun. i miss it. used to hike lots when i lived in the mountains.

hoopty hi thanks. i am a stay-at-home mom, so don't have work competing for my time. my toddler goes into morning daycare and i use that time to train. my house work has suffered because often i come home and am beat! i try and make up for it on the weekends, so i don't feel like i'm falling down on the job. it sounds like you have a good plan for rolling your calories depending on the amount of exertion.
  • Good evening everyone! I had an "ok" day lol, calorie-wise I am over by 57 calories, which isn't terrible but more than I'd like. The good news is I weighed in a 286.4 lbs. from 287.4 lbs. (nude in both cases lol). So I am about .4 lb. (nude) from goal or about 2 lbs. clothed from goal.

Breakfast - (2) slices of Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Sprouted 100% Whole Grain Bread (80 calories per slice) + Trader Joe's Cream Cheese, 2 oz (2 servings) & my usual Organic Apple & 1 serving of Roasted Almonds 630 total calories for breakfast.

Lunch - Double servings of Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (8 nuggets) with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 4 tbls 90 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 2 tsp 120 calories) for 650 calories total.

Dinner - Campbell's Cream of Broccoli 1 can of soup (I used water w/the soup) 225 calories for dinner.

Snacks - Trader Joe's 100 calorie Milk Chocolate bar, Vita Tops Carrot Cake muffin top and 2 servings of Trader Joe's Oyster crackers (28 crackers) 332 calories for all of my snacks.

Hey Hoopty I have a lot of trigger foods, I was stressed yesterday, I don't know why but it was like my hormones were out of whack. I manage to stay within my calories but I definitely considered going over.
  • Hi All! Yesterday I stayed within my calories, but ate really poorly. Basically, I just ate a few bites of a bunch of bad stuff. Meh, my stomach hurts and I am sure I will pay on the scale today!

Food Yesterday: Large salad with lots of stuff (but only a little dressing and no croutons), 1/2 of a stuffed artichoke, "taco salad" - basically just the meat, vege, and a little cheese (no shell), 1/2 bag of chips (snack size), a few french fries, coffee. Total Calories: around 1,200
  • Oxalis-Great job staying with in your calories

Candidcamster-I always weigh naked

Katarina-Yeah don't worry about the gain, its just from the carbs. I had that happen to me this week too It sounds like you really needed the rest and food though! Glad you're feeling good now. Yay, someone who understands the suckiness of being gluten free and dairy free haha You know gluten bothers me more at this point then dairy? So weird. Hm, didn't think the migraine/nausea could be food related, I really think it was stress honestly. I try to get some training in, I have a backpacking trip I'm training for in July. June I'm really going to kick things up once my may class is over.

Hoopty-What's important is you got back on track and came back! Good for you for being able to reign it in. Its so hard after a binge to do that. Your plan sounds totally solid, its actually pretty much what I'm doing now!

Ate well yesterday, but had a bit of dairy though in the form of a pudding cup So I'm super bloated today. Still calories were 1647 and did my hour hike. It was a really long day getting ready for the trip plus teaching. Ugh had an annoying clothes moment. I went to Target and I never try on their clothes because I find they really aren't made for my body type. But I really need some new shorts and so I tried some on( size 5 and 7) and they fit, but they looked ridiculous on my booty and thighs! It was the same if-they-fit-in-the-waist-they-won't-fit-anywhere-else thing. There's about a 1-2 size difference between my butt and waist

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • Another day of eating like crap! I think this will be a theme for the entire weekend because tomorrow we are going to a winery and monday is memorial day bbq . I stayed within my calories today - barely - and my stomach hurts again. I can't wait until monday when everything is more within my control!

Food Today: 1/2 stuffed artichoke, 1.5 tbsp of peanut butter, 2 (small) hot dogs w/ mustard, onion, pickle, 1/2 snack bag chips, 1/2 c large curd cottage cheese with blackberries, peache, plum & strawberries, coffeeeeeeeee Total Calories: 1,300
  • I'm happy to report that I managed to stay 100% OP today. I did crave chocolate milk right after the gym so I went to the grocery store next door and picked up chocolate flavored oat milk instead. It has 52 calories per 100ml, contains much less sugar/fat than any other chocolate milk and tastes delicious.

Ending today at 1659 calories. I did a little over 5km on the treadmill plus 30min strength training. However, I had too much spaghetti after work. I should've put half of it away but I was so hungry that I just gobbled it all down. Something I need to be more careful with in the future. It also seems like all the junk food is still floating around in my stomach. I felt super nauseous this morning which is not a good sign. I'm gonna try to stick with veggies and fruits tomorrow, I think I need to give my stomach and digestive system a break
    I was down a pound this morning, so 4.2 lbs to go to get back to 140.0 lbs.

katerina11 - It sounds like you gave your body what it needed! I'm glad you're feeling better, nothing beats a good night sleep

Candidcamster - You managed to contain yourself, that's awesome! I am a huge emotional eater and I can rarely ever say no to more food...May I ask why you weigh yourself both nude and fully clothed?

Dottington - Ugh, sorry about the shorts Where do you usually get your clothes from? I don't even own any shorts because they never ever fit me, anywhere. I also find it hard to find shorts that are not just barely covering your butt cheeks

oxalis - I'm sorry your stomach hurts You already know what you're gonna be dealing with this weekend so just try to stay within your calories/healthy options and get fully back to eating healthy on Monday.
  • Good afternoon Hoopty , I weigh myself both ways because I like to know my actual weight (nude) & my clothed weight (should I go to a doctor's office and can't strip down to my birthday suit lol). I plan to lay off the scale until May 30th which is when my own personal challenge for myself ends (I have a goal of weighing 286 lbs. clothed by then). I think challenges help keep us motivated, I'm so glad to have found one here on 3fc. My new goal after reaching 286 is 278 lbs. by July 5.
  • [QUOTE=SeeMyFeet;5007551] K15g15...even though you sound tough and happy. in case you need it!
    Thanks SeeMyFeet! I appreciate it!

I have been working out everyday and have kept in calories for the week. I am down two more pounds!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and keep up the good work!
  • Breakfast - Organic Apple & Trader Joe's Veggie Burger (Tomato Basil Pizza) 1 patty , Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese 1/2 a Slice, Trader Joes Honey Wheat Hot Dog Bun for 375 calories.

Lunch - Trader Joe's veggie burger (the 230 calorie breaded patty), Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese 1/2 a slice, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup and on a Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun for 460 calories but I also added a Trader Joe's 100 calorie Milk Chocolate bar which brings my lunch calories to 525.

Dinner - Trader Joe's Whole Milk 1 cup & Trader Joe's Honey Nut Os Honey Flavored Whole Grain Cereal 1 serving (3/4 cup measured) + Double servings of Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (8 nuggets) with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) & for dessert I had a Vita Top Carrot Cake Muffin for 915 calories total. *whoa*

I weighed in today (nude again lol) and the scale was at my goal of 286 lbs. however I want to weigh that fully clothed as mentioned so I am only going to count my May 30th weigh in.
  • Well, after I checked in with my calories last night, I ended up eating more. I still felt unsatisfied so I ended up eating two more plumcots, 2 wasa crackers with 2 tbsps peanut butter, and a chicken finger; adding 520 calories!

I had some binge-like feelings creeping in, but luckily we did not really have much (bad) food in the house so I was able to somewhat keep things in check.

Today we are going to a winery with lots of food, so I'm just going to maintain my 1,300 calorie limit for the day, instead of restricting to make up for last night. Because I won't be able to do it, binge again, and wind up back where I started.
  • Today's calories: 1450
    I was off from work and didn't go to the gym. Instead, DH and I went for an hour long walk on the trail by a small river.
    The scale dropped again this morning My stomach is feeling better and for some reason I was really hungry today. It's also PMS week for me starting today which means I need to be extra careful since the cravings will settle in soon.
  • Today was a doozy but I *still* managed to keep it together! I am checking in with 1,385/1,300 calories. We went to this horrible! restaurant today for a family member's birthday and everything on the menu was bad, bad, bad. I ordered the chicken marsala and ate about 1/3 of it because it was gigantic. We were also at a vineyard today to take the tour and do some tastings (I didn't have much wine at all), so that is were the other food came from. I managed just to pick at everything a little and felt satisfied. Tomorrow is bbq/parties ...and my plan is the same; just pick at things here and there and not overdo it.

Food Today: shrimp sushi roll, large salad, chicken marsala entree (one third of it), antipasto salad, assorted crackers, cheese & dip, and dark chocolate covered raisins; Total Calories 1,385
  • Well done oxalis!