Daily Check In: How many calories today?

You're on Page 15 of 35
Go to
  • Yesterday ended at 2600. Sat is always my roughest day! Honestly I wasn't doing too badly till I realized my boyfriend still had some of my favorite gluten free cookies hidden away and ATE THEM ALL!
    Beach was a lot of fun, got to try out my new bikini I felt a little self conscious in it though, but got over it Did a fair amount of walking yesterday so hopefully that offset the binge a little. Today I really want to go on a hike, we'll see if we're able to fit one in. Aiming for 1600 today after yesterday's cookie monster incident.

Hoopty-haha I guess we're both beasts in different ways It was fun! A little cold though(or that could just be the anemia talking, my bf kept complaining about the heat )

seemyfeet-I have the same issue a lot of the time-eating healthy but too many calories-don't worry, you'll find places to cut some out as you keep logging and counting.

Katarina-I must say, I really admire your protein intake!

oxalis-congrats on the loss

candidcamster-keep up the great work!
  • dottington, lol. i eat a boatload of meat. thankfully i love it and i'm also desperate to keep my muscle and strength while i cut. so chicken breasts and tuna it is.

and i am happy to hear you got over the self conscious moment about wearing your new bikini. if you look anything like your avi these days, you are smokin!

i got my meal planning and grocery shopping done. now i just have to start assembling and organizing and i will have set myself up to have every opportunity to succeed this week.
  • SeeMyFeet, if you don't like fruit on a salad you wouldn't like it because there is a lot of fruit on it. I pack a salad every weekday for lunch and I always put a few grapes in it. I love it but DH hates fruit in his salad too.

I only eat out lunch on the weekends because as a teacher there is no time during the week. However the summer will be interesting as I am going to be traveling a lot.
  • Whoops, I went a little overboard this weekend and my one day off turned into two days off... but I managed to only go over by ~200 on Friday and stayed under 2000 on Saturday. I'm at 763/1200 after dinner for today, though, so it'll even out.

I need to find some new breakfast and lunch recipes, I'm getting sick of cereal, shrimp and salads every single day. I skipped lunch today because not eating was more appetizing than yet another salad :/
  • Today's calories: 1208
    I realized this morning that I had about 4000 calories yesterday, not 3000.
    Anyways, I ran 5.5 km on the treadmill and did 30 min of strength training. I ended up not being too hungry today and didn't quite make the 1400 but I did drink 3 liters of water/green tea with lemon.
    I'm gonna aim for 1400 again tomorrow, probably won't run the treadmill but ride the stationary bike instead if we go to the gym.

Dottington - Bahahaha, I know what you're talking about. DH is always hot while I freeze my butt off You're looking super nice in your pic! I can't believe you've lost 60 lbs already! Keep up the great work (and hikes) ;-)
  • Aloha everyone, I am now 289.2. lbs. and allowed 1830 calories a day (I will be over by 60 calories, ah well), here's my meal plan -

For breakfast I had - An Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), (1) Tofurky sandwich (made with a total of 5 slices/1 servings of Tofurky, 1 serving of Whole Foods Raw Blue Cheese crumbles and 1 Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun) and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total breakfast calories is 740.

For lunch I ate (1) Quorn Jalapeño and Three Cheese Stuffed Chik'n Cutlets with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories), (1) Vita Tops Deep Chocolate Muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total lunch calories is 555.

For a snack between lunch & dinner I ate 5 Tofurky slices rolled up with a little blue cheese + Vita Tops Carrot Cake muffin my snack was about 200 calories (using some of the leftover cheese from my breakfast sandwich so I am not counting it twice).

Lastly for dinner I'm having (1) Quorn Jalapeño and Three Cheese Stuffed Chik'n Cutlets (with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) 395 calories for dinner.

I am now 3.2 lbs. to goal of 286 lbs.! Also I tried Apple Cider Vinegar w/water last night and it was gross, but I think it is good for me so I'm going to keep drinking that before I got to bed.
  • May
    date - weight - calories - macros - exercise
    15. 228.8 - 2,227 calories - 194 carbs 81 fats 210 protein - rest day.
    16. 227.2 - 2,230 calories - 148 carbs 100 fats - 185 protein - 2.5 hours conditioning
    17. 223.4 - 2,404 calories - 176 carbs 98 fats 199 protein - rest day
    18. 225.0 - 2,308 calories - 219 carbs 124 fats 131 protein - rest day

i lost track in the middle of the day, and ended up under protein. i don't think that's terrible because i have had the weekend off, but i just can't do that during the week.
  • Ending the day around 1,300-1,400 calories (and NOT good ones, mind you). I am not full, not satisfied, and feel horrible. And I'm sure the scale will not be kind tomorrow.

Dottington - Sunday seems to be the hardest day for me to stay on plan!

Food Today: Thai Lunch (shredded steak salad & cashew chicken with rice - I did not eat the cashews or veg, just chicken w/rice), 3 plain chicken wings, 2.5 chocolate covered pretzel rods, 1 tbsp of peanut butter.
  • Good day today...1034 cals...finally, back on track!

Here's to a great work or school week, everyone!
  • Ended around 1700/1800ish yesterday. Which for a sunday is good for me! Also didn't go out to eat this weekend Yesterday got a 4 mile hike in. Now off to a busy week of school

seemyfeet-great job getting back on track!

oxalis-try not to stress so much, you've been doing very well! Its not about being perfect Isn't it funny how we all have that one day that we want to eat more on? I don't know why sat has come to mean "binge day" to me, but I'm really trying to get out of that mindset!

katarina-I'm sure you'll be fine with the protein since it wasn't a training day. I have to watch mine carefully, I always have trouble getting it in Thanks! That's actually a pic my bf took of me sat at the beach in my new suit

hoopty-thanks girl You're doing so well too! Eh one 4000 calorie day really isn't that big of a deal, you're so active you can easily work off any minor gain it might have caused.

candidcamster-keep up the good work!

futureformerfisher-great job not going over too much, I think you did great actually. My ultimate goal is to get my saturdays under 2000 If you're bored of your meals try checking out in Fabulous Finds the lunch and dinner pages where people post their meals-might be good for some ideas. I eat a lot of salads and vary it by doing different themes(like japanese, thai, mexican ect)
  • I'd like to join, if I may. I calorie count, do low carb (no plan, just aiming for 60-75 grams per day), and eat wheat-free.

Here's my info from yesterday...

Breakfast: Sweet Omelet, used as a “crepe” for a cheese blintz, with mixed berry compote; Al Fresco Wild Blueberry Chicken Sausage
    Lunch: Roast chicken; Twice-Baked Cauliflower; sliced strawberies & kiwi
    Dinner: Szechuan veggie-shrimp stirfry served over sautéed broccoli slaw; cantaloupe

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1125
    Carbs (target = 60-77) 60
    Fat (target = 65-86) 67
    Protein (target = 90-116) 76
  • Checking in with 1,010 calories today. I'm done eating for the day, just not hungry anymore! Lots of water left to drink though.

Dottington: you know, eating out accounts for most of my calories on Sundays, I should quit doing that - I could save some money too.

Food Today: small almond milk/yogurt/kale smoothie, small salad, ham sandwich on whole wheat, 1 small avocado, 1 peach, 1 blueberry bagel (plain), coffee.
  • Today's calories: 1531
    I was super hungry after the gym so I ate a little more and went over 1400. I am so tired and about to go to bed. I'm working late tomorrow, so no gym. I need a rest day anyways.
  • Monday May 19

Breakfast: Scotch Eggs; Berry Granola Frozen Yogurt Bar
    Lunch: Bacon Cheeseburger Meatballs; mini cucumbers and cherry tomatoes; apple slices with homemade almond butter
    Dinner: Salt & Vinegar Crispy Baked Fish with Lemon-Dill Sauce; steamed snap peas & baby carrots; cantaloupe

Calories (target = 1200-1550) 1245
    Carbs (target = 60-77) 56
    Fat (target = 65-86) 77
    Protein (target = 90-116) 86
  • Howdy!

For breakfast I had - An Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), Trader Joe's Whole Milk 1 cup & Trader Joe's Honey Nut Os Honey Flavored Whole Grain Cereal 1 serving (3/4 cup measured)and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total breakfast calories is 620.

For lunch I ate Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup (whole can), Trader Joe's Veggie Burger (Tomato Basil Pizza) 1 patty, Trader Joe's Organic Ketchup, 2 tbsp, Trader Joe's Organic American Cheese 1/2 a Slice, Trader Joes Honey Wheat Hot Dog Bun and Trader Joe's Roasted Seaweed Snack containers x2.. Total lunch calories is 695.

Lastly for dinner I'm having (6) Trader Joe's Tofu Edamame Nuggets (with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories), Vitatops Carrot Cake muffin top 535 calories for dinner.

I weighed myself with different clothes and came in at .2 lbs. heavier (289.4) but with my clothes off I was 287.8 lbs. I am so excited!