Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 08:51 PM   #196  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

so far about 700 calories today, but seems like a lot more than that.

Had some potatoes with dinner. Bad penguin! Bad penguin!
I have GOT to get the carbs lower so I can get rid of this bloat. Feeling so uncomfortable...and the tinnitus is getting worse.

Still struggling to get back on track. Did some shopping at the grocers, and now have salads divvied up for the next few days. And grapes. And strawberries.

Looks like we have some coffee drinkers here! It's become a baaad habit for me. I'm trying to replace it with tea.

Time to get occupied and avoid temptations.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:31 AM   #197  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

SeeMyFeet-Sorry about the bloat and tinnitus! That's awful the tinnitus is getting worse, hope you feel better! Great job on planning out salads though

Great job staying within your limits oxalis and futureformerfisher!

candidcamster-You're so close to your mini goal, that's awesome! I love roasted seaweed and really most seaweed in general. Have you had seaweed salad? So good.

Ending today at 1539. Noticed a decrease in hunger lately which is odd. Maybe the warm weather? Going to do some strength training before bed now.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:09 AM   #198  
Breathing.

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Yesterday's calories: 1669
I prepared some sweet potatoes with asparagus and rosemary that I wanted to roast when I came back from work. Because I was so hungry, I called DH and asked for him to throw it in the oven for me. Unfortunately, he added more oil to it and DH is someone who uses a lot of oil for roasting/pan frying. I got a little bit annoyed which is super stupid and mean of me, but I felt like I had no control and didn't know how many calories were added to my meal. So, I went over by a little tiny bit and had to stick to veggies for dinner.

Aiming for 1600-1700 calories today. It's a relaxing pamper day at home for me but we're also going to the gym tonight.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:46 PM   #199  

Well yesterday didn't hold up too well. Late night strawberry and chicken leftovers. Plus a half cup of coffee which kept me awake. Stoopid me.

Measured out my cereal this morning and was thinking about a post I read here some time ago. The poster thought it was silly to measure out one's food, until she caught herself measuring out pet food and plant food. She then realized "if it keeps my pets and plants healthy, then why not do that for myself?" aaaaaAAAAAaaaahhh! Epiphany!

So I was thinking about my future blossoms...and long lustrous tendrils...and feeling happy about measuring my poop-o-genic Kellog's All Bran Buds this morning....You know, that "Good For Me/Pat Myself on the Back" feeling....Then I read the Margaret Cho "F***it Diet" piece that wannabeskinny posted over on Chicks in Control. I find that philosophy quite agreeable as well. And now my brain is overheating! Measure and be mindful/F*it/measure and be mindful/F*it!.....aaaiieee!

(Sorry about the Bad Word....my thesaurus didn't provide a good substitute phrase that would convey all the feelings of anger, disregard, flippancy, and rebelliousness that are conveyed in that little phrase. Yes, I did consult a thesaurus. One can learn a lot from consulting a thesaurus.)

Well, ok, my brain is not really confused....I'm the Measure and be Mindful type. Sigh. At least for now...when I'm running marathons and exercising 10 hours a day, things might be different.

Thanks for the well wishes, Dottington. The tinnitus is more worrisome and annoying than awful. I'm trying not to see it as a sign that things are falling apart. I developed a perfect routine of taking daily vitamins and supplements at the beginning of the year, and I'm wondering if that contributed. oooOOooo, I know, I'll just pretend that aliens are trying to communicate with me. Special ears, and all. Good thing you're friends with me...You'll be the first to hear about their plans for us!
Old 05-16-2014, 03:53 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Hi Dottington! Thank you for the words of encouragement, it's hard because I am addicted to food, but I really want to accomplish this goal (I've been good about not cheating over the past handful of days). I am now 291.4 lbs. and allowed 1830 calories a day, here's my meal plan -

For breakfast I ate - 1/2 Tofurky Vegan Cheese Pizza sliced, Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), Vita Tops Deep Carrot Cake muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total breakfast calories is 810 *whoa lol*.

For lunch I ate (1) Tofurky sandwich (made with a total of 5 slices/1 servings of Tofurky, 1 serving of Raw Blue Cheese crumbles and 1 Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog buns), (1) Vita Tops Deep Chocolate Muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total lunch calories is 550.

Lastly for dinner I will be eating the other half of my Tofurky Vegan Cheese Pizza! This is approximately 360 calories, add a Vita Muffin (which I may since I have some calories left over) and it becomes 460 calories for dinner.

I am now 5.4 lbs. to go to reach my mini goal of 286 lbs.!

Last edited by Candidcamster; 05-16-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #201  
Breathing.

1791 calories today.
I ran a little over 5km on the treadmill and did 30min of strength training. I'm super tired and happy that tomorrow will be a rest day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 05-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 164/pregnant/128

I *think* I am a little over my 1,300 calorie allowance today... probably somewhere around 1,350-1,400. But I am totally okay with it because I worked my butt off this week!

Food Today: Egg sandwich on whole wheat bread, 1 small avocado, baby carrots, large curd cottage cheese w/ strawberries, a very tiny salad, 1/2 plain strip steak w/ a few bites of rice, coffee.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:00 AM   #203  

Height: 5'7"

There is a new salad at Panera bread called something like strawberry chicken poppy seed. I got with a pick two and it says it has 170 calories. I don't see how it's possible. It is delicious and if it only has 170 for half or 340 for a whole it's amazing but I just can't fathom it. There are blueberries, strawberries, nuts, orange slides and the dressing. And of course lettuce. Maybe the guy that made mine put in more than he was supposed to. Anyway, if you have a Panera near by I recommend the salad, but curious on calories! Of course with the pick two you have to get something else. I used to get two salads in a pick two because I saved one. I did that a few times and then one day the manager took my order and he said "you can't get two salads!" I said I had done it before and he said it is not allowed and that was a mistake but he would do it this one time. So now I just pick one of the sandwiches or soups. The bread adds 180 cals which I can't resist usually.

Last edited by CalCounter1003; 05-17-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:43 PM   #204  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

SeeMyFeet-lol I'm glad that I'll have insider information for the coming invasion

Candidcamster-Great job staying on plan

Hoopty-You're such a beast in the gym!

Oxalis-Being a little over won't cause any harm, especially with how hard you've been working.

calcounter-Nice find with the salad!

Yesterday ended around 1422 and did 3 mile hike. It was warm! Started at 8:30 and it was almost 90 already Today I think I'm going to the beach. I'm thinking cals will probably be closer to maintenance.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Hey everyone, I am now 290.8 lbs. and allowed 1830 calories a day, here's my meal plan -

For breakfast I had - An Organic Apple, Trader Joe's roasted almonds (1 serving), (1) Tofurky sandwich (made with a total of 5 slices/1 servings of Tofurky, 1 serving of Raw Blue Cheese crumbles and 1 Trader Joe's Honey Wheat hotdog bun), ,Half a 100 calories Trader Joe's Milk Chocolate bar and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total breakfast calories is 790.

For lunch I ate (1) Quorn Jalapeņo and Three Cheese Stuffed Chik'n Cutlets (with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories), (1) Vita Tops Deep Chocolate Muffin and lastly Trader Joe's roasted seaweed (the whole package which is 60 calories). Total lunch calories is 555.

Lastly for dinner I'm having (1) Quorn Jalapeņo and Three Cheese Stuffed Chik'n Cutlets (with added Honey & Barbecue sauce (Trader Joes All Natural Barbeque Sauce 2 tbls 45 calories and Trader Joe's Organic Raw Honey 1 tsp 60 calories) and 3 slices of Tofurky possibly (at 60 calories) 455 calories for dinner.

I am now 4.8 lbs. to goal of 286 lbs.!

Last edited by Candidcamster; 05-17-2014 at 06:57 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:11 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 164/pregnant/128

Checking in with 1,300 calories today! The scale went down a little for me today so I am happy

Food Today: Large salad with a little chicken, garlic bagel (plain/toasted), 1 can of tuna w/ real mayo and wasa crackers, 1 small avocado, 10 green olives, 1 large peach, handful of cherries, coffee.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 302/217/181

i count calories, trying to find my way through this, and would like to join this thread, if it's ok.

May
date - weight - calories - macros - exercise
15. 228.8 - 2,227 calories - 194 carbs 81 fats 210 protein - rest day.
16. 227.2 - 2,230 calories - 148 carbs 100 fats - 185 protein - 2.5 hours conditioning
17. 223.4 - 2,404 calories - 176 carbs 98 fats 199 protein - rest day

overdid it today. i did not shop like i should have and was a bit careless. trying to keep it around 2200.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:16 PM   #208  

S/C/G: 302/217/181

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 View Post
There is a new salad at Panera bread called something like strawberry chicken poppy seed. I got with a pick two and it says it has 170 calories. I don't see how it's possible. It is delicious and if it only has 170 for half or 340 for a whole it's amazing but I just can't fathom it. There are blueberries, strawberries, nuts, orange slides and the dressing. And of course lettuce. Maybe the guy that made mine put in more than he was supposed to. Anyway, if you have a Panera near by I recommend the salad, but curious on calories! Of course with the pick two you have to get something else. I used to get two salads in a pick two because I saved one. I did that a few times and then one day the manager took my order and he said "you can't get two salads!" I said I had done it before and he said it is not allowed and that was a mistake but he would do it this one time. So now I just pick one of the sandwiches or soups. The bread adds 180 cals which I can't resist usually.
oh, they've had that salad before. i think they serve it only in summertime. those calories are so low!! i wish we had a panera bakery here because i would definitely put that salad on heavy rotation.

i am travelling for a couple weeks coming up and will be looking for panera while out and about. thanks for the heads up!
Old 05-18-2014, 03:55 AM   #209  
Breathing.

Had close to 3000 calories yesterday because I binged at night.
Aiming for 1400 today and lots of water/green tea.

Dottington - Stahp it! You're the one who goes on crazy hikes, you're the beast here Gah the beach...I wish we had one here. I hope you had lots of fun!

Last edited by Hoopty; 05-18-2014 at 03:56 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #210  

H'lo Shrinkers!

Well, I am doing a good job counting and logging the calories, but not such a good job reducing them! Eating healthy home-cooked meals with fruits & veggies, but over my limit. Nonetheless, some of this "bloat" is coming off. At this rate, it will take about 10 days for me to get back to my ticker weight, but to achieve even that, I expect I will need to take the calories lower. Starting today. Sigh.

Thanks for the Panera salad tip, CalCounter! I don't eat out often, but I do need to schedule a lunch soon. I will look for that one on the menu. On second thought, I love strawberries, but I don't like fruit on my salad. Is it tasty? I like their salad with sesame and chicken, and I usually get 2 meals out of that one.

I would ask Candidcamster what "tofurkey" is...or I would google it...but frankly, I am having too much fun not knowing. (and mispronouncing!)
Closed Thread