Where are the shorties at?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Hey all, if you are 5'4" and under (or not, but especially if you are), I want to know how long it took you (or you think it will take you) to fit in different sizes.

I'm at 158ish right now at 5'3", wearing a 10-12 (more towards a 12) and I'm wondering how long it will take me to get into a size 8.

Tell all peeps, spare no details.
  • I'm 5'2 and 174lbs! I fit into things in so many sizes like 8-16 I tend to be closer to 14 in pants, but I can fit into 12 dresses. Usually M or L in tops. I have no idea what my true size is. And what's more annoying is even when I was 200 my same clothes still fit, they are a tad bit loose but no reason to really go out and buy new clothes. I'm thinking because I'm short I'll need a good 20 or more lbs to see any drop in clothing sizes. Boooo!

I can't wait to go clothing shopping!! Seriously I'm waiting to be a perfect little black dress when I'm at my goal weight or close to it! I think I'm still relatively young and I want to be able to shop in these fancier stores and be able to look cute!!

Oh and I also can't wait until my thighs have a little width in between so I don't have to spend money on new jeans (at the same size!!) because they tear, does that happen to anyone else here??
  • Btw- great thread!!! Excited to hear what others say
  • 5ft about 125lbs size 2.
  • 5'1 and 170! I can fit into an 8 SOMETIMES (rare though) but I mostly buy size 12s. Can't wait to go down though! I finally got a great fitness instructor at my gym, I really feel like I'm embarking on a new journey!
  • I want to aim for an 8 as well. Right now I'm sporting as low as a 10 and up to a 12. =/ I got some big boobs and broad shoulders though, so finding ideal dresses can be a bit of a pain.
  • 5'3.5 140.6 pounds as of this morning ; size 8.

I started fitting into my eights around 148 pounds, but now at 140 pounds they really fit well.
  • Hello.
    5'1" - 144. - fit in size 8. Would love to get to 130 and fit in size 6 maybe?
  • 5"3 169lbs and a uk size 14. I can squeeze into some 12's but 14s i can sit down in
  • I dropped a size at about 15 pounds. PS I am 5 feet exactly.
  • This made me think;

168-172 pounds - 14 (my heaviest weight)
    158-168 pounds - 12
    148-158 pounds - 10
    ???- 148 pounds - 8

So looks like 10 pounds is my size range. I don't like tight clothes (read too small; hate muffin tops etc), so all my clothes fit the way they are supposed to fit, no pulling and spilling

Now that I am approaching 138 mark, I don't think I will be fitting into the 6's yet. I think I need to be around 133/134 before that happens. Weird.
  • I know when I was 112lbs, I wore a size 12 in children's clothes (even jeans!) and a size 0. 120-128 or so I'm solidly a size 2. Any bigger puts me in a 4.
  • I am 5'2" and 135 lbs. Not really sure what size I am right now because I've been losing weight and not buying any new clothes. I've lost 9 lbs. since November and I was (am still) wearing a 12. I'm sure I'm at least a 10 now. I think sizes go down about every 10 lbs. My clothes are hanging on me now so I will have to break down and buy some new ones soon. I just hate to buy new clothes and then lose more weight and have to buy even more new clothes. I think I'm going to try to wait as long as can but I do work in an office and I'm starting to look pretty "frumpy"
  • Quote: I am 5'2" and 135 lbs. Not really sure what size I am right now because I've been losing weight and not buying any new clothes. I've lost 9 lbs. since November and I was (am still) wearing a 12. I'm sure I'm at least a 10 now. I think sizes go down about every 10 lbs. My clothes are hanging on me now so I will have to break down and buy some new ones soon. I just hate to buy new clothes and then lose more weight and have to buy even more new clothes. I think I'm going to try to wait as long as can but I do work in an office and I'm starting to look pretty "frumpy"
    That's awesome!! (referring to your weight loss) I haven't gone down a size with 25lbs down, I really don't get it!!! Things are loose but still wearable
  • I'm 5'4". Well, actually 5'3 3/4". I got to my low weight about 20 years ago so sizing may have changed since then. But I kept a chart then of my sizes and measurements. I tend to have a large waist so I usually wear larger sizes than most people of my weight. So I'll give you my sizes and some of my measurements for each weight. I would guess that sizes now would probably be about a size smaller than what they were 20 years ago. That is, the old 14 is probably a new 12 but I'm not sure:

156 - Chest 40 1/2 - Waist 32 7/8 - Hips 40 7/8 - Size 14

147.5 - Chest 39 - Waist 31 1/8 - Hips 39 - Size 12-14 (depending on style)

143.5 - Chest 38 1/4 - Waist 30 5/8 - Hips 38 1/2 - Size 12

139.5 - Chest 37 1/8 - Waist 29 3/4 - 37 7/8 - Size 10

128 1/4 - Chest 36 1/4 - Waist 28 5/8 - Hips 36 5/8 - Size 8

119 - Chest 35 1/2 - Waist - 27 7/8 - Hips 35 3/4 - Size 6-8 (mostly size 6 occasionally size 4 in tops)