3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   I'm back (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/291305-im-back.html)

toobig 01-06-2014 04:37 AM

I'm back

I've put some weight back on. Weigh in was 181 yesterday. This last year has brought some crazy changes to my life. My husband has been diagnosed with stage four liver disease. Now he can't work and the bills are piling up and I am working nights at a factory. My oldest dog (he is 22) is going to need to be put down soon. My in laws have all lost their minds. Everything is changing and I have been stress eating. A lot.

But I am back on plan with weight loss and self care now. Hoping that 3fc will welcome me back and help keep me on track. Again. :)

Vex 01-06-2014 11:43 AM

re:

Welcome back! It's good to see you back in the forum.

I'm sorry you're going through such an awful time at home. Sometimes life likes to hit you all at once. Not much you can do to control that.

The one thing you can control for sure is your diet. I gained a good 20 lbs since July, but no big deal, it can come off again.

The important thing is that you've recognized your limit and are going to do something about it. Losing weight again may just make you feel a little better about what's going on around you as well.

toobig 01-06-2014 09:22 PM

Thanks Vex!

When my father in law passed my mother in law went on a diet and drop quiet a bit of weight. I remember thinking that controlling her weight would make her feel less helpless. Maybe it will work for me too.

You have a great attitude about the twenty pounds. And you are right... we've done this before and we will do it again.

CalCounter1003 01-06-2014 10:16 PM

Good for you for starting back up! I usually don't start over until I am way past the original loss, which is so ridiculous. It sounds like your home life is very stressful right now, so sorry. I agree with Vex, once you start losing you will feel you have some control in your life because those other things are out of your control. If you can just add a little bit of exercise, that will help your mood. And this is coming from someone who only just discovered exercise at age 51.

toobig 01-10-2014 11:17 AM

Thank you for the support! I am doing really well with tracking my calorie intake but you are right about the exercise. Its time to dust off the ipod and get started.

tdiprincess 01-10-2014 12:33 PM

Welcome back! I'm sorry about your hubby and your crazy family! I'm returning as well, and ironically I weigh 180 at the moment! It has also been a crazy year on my end, but not nearly as bad as yours!
The great thing about this site is that it has always made a huge difference in helping me stay focused and reach my goals or at least to keep trying! I look forward to helping you as you help me!! :D

toobig 01-11-2014 10:54 AM

Hi tdprincess, welcome back to both of us! This site has really helped me as well. The support is wonderful. Just knowing that someone understands what you are going through makes all the difference.

tdiprincess 01-23-2014 09:12 PM

I most definitely agree. Also, seeing my signature and my goals (as well as everyone else's) is motivating also!