3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Daily check in: were you under your calories today?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/290902-daily-check-were-you-under-your-calories-today.html)

kaarin 01-14-2014 10:08 PM

I love reading everyones posts! I guess that's why we're all here. Congratulations to everyone's success' and hang in there for those with little slips.
Robsia, I loved your post! :D Isn't it true how stuff can just escalate like that? As I've said (many times) wine is my downfall, my happy place. But to replace it (or at least cut back) I pour myself some sparkling water into a wine glass (the wine glass is important) and add a little Crystal Lite for colour. I guess I'm trying to trick my brain into thinking it's wine and then I can relax. Silly really, the things we do! :^:
Today is a good day. I just filled in my dinner menu onto MFP and am only up to 828 calories, so I may just have that glass of wine with dinner! :carrot:

edoetsch1 01-14-2014 10:16 PM

Day 17: 1,487/1800
WOW! I have made in 17 days!!! :woohoo:
Today I added some lean meat & broccoli to my dinner meal in effort to add some nutrients I feel I was lacking. Forgot now much I actually liked broccoli. Shopping for meat today was quite fun.. standing there trying to figure what meat was the best choice. People probably thought I was pretty weird picking up all the packages and examining them all!

Paisleymama 01-14-2014 11:14 PM

Hit -20 lbs today! Ok, I'm rounding up by .3lbs haha 1/3 of the way to my short term goal.
Yesterday was good, 1248 cals. It feels good to be back on track after the holidays.

Navywife12 - Great job!
edoetsch1 - It's great you're looking at what you're eating and making good changes for your health. Congrats on sticking with it. 21 days creates a habit :)
SeeMyFeet - Just posting here at the moment but I will check out the group for inspiration! Glad your calorie cycling is working. I tend to go that way unintentionally.
Silverfire - Well done!
Calcounter - I have days with fluctuations. I don't record that weight, wait a couple of days and weigh in again. I've usually made a loss by then.
Diamond_Girl - Welcome to the group :)
Kaarin - Enjoy the drink!

SeeMyFeet 01-15-2014 08:30 AM

Yesterday was good, calorie-wise, but the scale jumped up. I'm trying to be patient.

When I make chicken or turkey stock, I refrigerate first so I can skim off any fat. I do that for any stock, except vegetable. Some days, I wanna be vegetarian.

What's today, girls?

Silverfire 01-15-2014 09:44 AM

Ugh Nachos for dinner was a bad choice, however, I logged them and was on the high end at just over 1600. Could have been worse. Tonight is job #2 and lots of running around, I should work off those nachos. Plus, bringing water and a snack so I am not tempted to have dry ribs and pop!

BettyBooty 01-15-2014 11:47 AM

I was under by 5 calories yesterday, but dinner was cheese pizza which is not exactly the healthiest option.

Tonight my husband has physical therapy so I have no idea what will be for dinner. Maybe soup and a salad.

diamond_girl 01-15-2014 08:33 PM

1485 Calories for today. So I was under my 1500 daily goal.

edoetsch1 01-15-2014 11:22 PM

Day 18: 1,590/1800 :)
A successful day :)

Paisleymama 01-16-2014 01:40 AM

I hovered around 1200ish but had a hungry day. I hate when that happens.
I feel a bit lighter but I'm not going to weigh in. It's interesting, I can't wait to see how I feel in the middle of a normal BMI. I've noticed minor changes in how my clothes are fitting. I guess thats the positive AND negative of being tall. It takes a long time to show. I carry a lot of weight in my thighs and butt, I don't think that's going anywhere fast.

Also, DH has inadvertently lost 15lbs since I started. I could curse him, haha. He has been eating a modified version of what I do for the most part, though some nights he doesn't feel like it and I have to sit through the smell of his calorie laden dinner. It's good though, I'm excited to see where we both are once I reach my goal.

SeeMyFeet - Sorry the scale jumped up, it might just be water weight from the salt in the stock?

Silverfire - Count it as an up day and move on :) There's always tomorrow to make a better choice.

diamond_girl & edoetsch1- well done!

BettyBooty - Good job staying in your range, even with the pizza. You sound like me, when I eat alone it's verrry boring. Last night was baked beans and cauliflower mash. How interesting :p

Robsia 01-16-2014 04:54 AM

Okay - I finally finished that Christmas bottle of baileys so there is now ZERO alcohol in the house at all. Back to eating clean. I am back to my pre-naughty weight and have been mostly good, except for the Baileys (I know!) all week.

Paisleymama - I wish we could "inadvertently" lose 15 lbs without even trying!!

I am starting some new work tomorrow, only for a few weeks though, but I'll be out of the house, walking a lot, so my steps should be good. Need to think of some healthy packed lunches to take.

Cals yesterday: 1214
7da: 1348 (plus a bottle of baileys :o)
Average since start: 1320

Paisleymama 01-16-2014 05:33 AM

I haven't had baileys in such a long time, Robisa! Yummo. My weakness is Malibu but I haven't had a drink since November.

Quick question: Is it possible to reach anywhere near your goal weight with just calorie counting? I am in a rut with exercise, I have a few things working against me at the moment and I haven't been able to do it in about a month. I am more active around the home and sticking to my calorie allowance.
I am not a fan of exercise really, I know I should do it and I know I need to get back into the habit but I just thought I'd throw the question out there.

Robsia 01-16-2014 06:01 AM

When I first lost weight, I went from 213 to 144 with hardly any exercise. I did do a DVD workout for a few weeks at the beginning, but not that much during the course of the weight loss.

Then when I hit 144 I decided to start the C25K. I only lost 4 lbs during those 9 weeks, but I dropped an entire dress size and my body totally changed shape, becoming far more defined and muscular. I think I lost a lot more than 4 lbs of fat during those 9 weeks but I gained muscle to replace it.

However, I think if I had tried to start that earlier, I would have found it more difficult, just lugging that weight around with me. I know some people run when they are heavier, but I'm not sure I would have stuck to it.

So, for sheer fat loss, yes it is possible to lose weight without exercise, but a hardcore exercise such as running does help you to look better.

diamond_girl 01-16-2014 07:44 AM

mmm, Malibu Coconut Rum and pineapple juice.... Yummy!

BettyBooty 01-16-2014 07:56 AM

I was over by about 100 calories yesterday. :-(

Silverfire 01-16-2014 08:13 AM

I was over a bit yesterday I think... Not really sure as I hard a hard time guestimating the unplanned work food. I was going to stop at subway on the way to work and pick up a turkey sub for dinner before work, so I wouldn't have to eat work food. Alas, the 100+km/hr winds yesterday caused the power to go out and subway was closed. I didn't have time to go anywhere else, so I just went to work. As soon as I came in the door, there was one of my co-workers. Munching on some dry ribs. I DID NOT want to have those!! They make me so bloated and gassy! Anyway, found out that the event that I was working was catered and had real food so had a chicken breast, some veggies and orzo salad... No idea the calories, but I do know that they tend to load EVERYTHING in butter! So, thinking I went over.

Totally made up for it in the 12,000 steps for the day I'd say ;)