Daily check in: were you under your calories today??

You're on Page 8 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Happy Birthday Silverfire! Good for you for enjoying the day!
    Yay, SeeMyFeet! Sounds like you are on a down trend line.

I was a little over today. Tried a recipe that was for chicken bruschetta. It had a baguette mentioned in the ingredients but I don't think the bread was counted in the calories. I ate more than 1/4 of the bread! But I'm okay with it, I've been doing well with calories and exercise. Oh well, it was fun to try something different and I will make it again! Here it is:
    http://www.loseweightbyeating.com/we...-379-calories/

Decided I am going to adjust my goal again. I started with a goal of 165, then when I got close decided I should try to get a normal bmi. So I set it at 155. I'm only half pound a way from there! That is a 24 bmi which is the highest normal weight bmi. Now I think I may go to 150 so I can be 23 bmi. Haven't been this low since prior to kids, which was 23 years ago!
    Wow CalCounter1003: You are doing amazing, I just can't seem to stay in control, but I will one day! Congrats on your progress!
  • Good morning everyone! Great to catch up with everyone's progress over the last few days. So much good news - it's SO motivating! I was over my calories both Saturday and Sunday, but kept it below 1400 each day. Of course it was the wine that put me over. It's the start of a new week and I'm going to try again to be very good, at least until Friday! I'm not weighing myself again until Friday morning, so we'll see how I do.
    I got to almost 6000 steps yesterday - still a looooonnnggg way from 10000!!! Not sure if I'll ever get there but I'll keep trying.
    Have a great week!
  • I had a BAAAD day yesterday.

It started well. I had a very late breakfast so I decided I would skip lunch as my parents were coming round and I was doing a roast chicken dinner.

But firstly, by the time I was preparing dinner, I felt like gnawing my fingers off I was so hungry and I found myself grabbing lumps of grated mozzarella out of the fridge as I prepared dinner.

Secondly. My mother has this habit of annoying me. Not intentionally but she just rubs me up the wrong way. I had a bottle of wine left over from Christmas so I decided to open it and have a glass as I was making dinner, to take to edge off her being, well, just her!

Thirdly. I CANNOT resist chicken skin. Nobody else likes it, so add that to the gnawing hunger and I found myself eating pretty much the entire chicken skin as I was carving the bird.

Then, a glass of wine turned into half a bottle, which turned into a bottle, then the nibble cravings kicked in. So, added to my planned calories, I had an entire bottle of sparkling white wine, far too much crispy roast chicken skin and nibbles on top. I've estimated 2000 calories, but it's probably more. I don't know.

So, yes the scale was up this morning. But today is a new day. Back on track.

Also I've had some nasty hip/back pain over the last couple of days so I haven't been doing my C25K and my steps are down, 8213 yesterday and 8117 the day before. But my average is still over 10K - 11598, so that's good.

1056 calories so far today.

7da: 1348
    Average since beginning: 1338
  • Day 15: 1,722/1800
    Today was a rough one. Was home all day & wanted to snack! Plus husband made dinner so it was higher in calories than I would have made. Stilled stayed with in goal though, so I guess I am good!
  • Robsia,
    Even if you had 3000 calories yesterday, which I doubt, remember one pound is 3500 calories. So you didn't really gain a pound! Scale may show up two or three but it's just temporary, And now that you are back on track it will go back down and that little spike might actually help you!

I had to laugh at the chicken skin.

I have the same problem with not my mom but my MIL!
  • Robsia-

Oh honey... I hear you on the bottle of wine and the mom thing. ;-) Made me laugh out loud. Remember that fluctuations day to day are generally fluid retention related... it's overall trends that matter.

Today has been an OK day for me! Have bronchitis though... so not much is appealing. Bleh. Tea, ramen, coffee... eyah, that's really been it. About to make peach glazed chicken thighs, quinoa and parmesan roasted cauliflower for dinner tho. That should be some good nutrients... and keep me under my count.

Hope everyone is doing well! Trying not to blow away here, crazy winds today. Howling outside... so gloomy!
  • Look, I'm checking in as promised! One step in the right direction
    Yesterday was acceptable, around 1200 cals but still not wonderful food choices.

I have today planned out but I'm stumped for dinner. It's so annoying cooking 3 separate meals all the time.

Seemyfeet - YES I am so excited. I hope those few extra pounds don't stick around too long!

Silverfire - Happy Birthday!

Kaarin - 1400 is great, don't sweat it I started at 1200 but I upped it to 1350 and still losing.

Robisa - I tend to keep a drink of some sort with me in the kitchen while I cook. I was baking the kids cookies in the afternoon and I wanted to eat the batter SO BAD. & I hear you on chicken skin, it's the best part.

edoetsch1 - Sorry yesterday was rough for you Tomorrow will be better & you still did great

Eydawn - Feel better soon
  • Hello! My daily is 1360. I had 2 huge workouts today that totaled 1800 extra cals to add, but I stuck to my original count and ate 1340. Now hopefully my legs allow me to get out of bed in the morning lol
    BUT according to MFP if I do this everyday I can weigh 200lbs! Lol so not going to happen!
  • Day 16: 1,441/1800
    Today was much easier! I was able to keep myself busy so I didnt think about snacking. I did realize that I am not eating enough foods with iron and calcium though. That is going to be new goal for the week is to get those 2 things added more in to my food choices.
  • Ohhhh please keep the cold winds, Eydawn.....or at least warm them up for us! And, yes, feel better soon.

Glad you're back Paisleymama! Are you posting over in the two-teens? It's pretty lively these days, too.

I baked a turkey breast over the weekend, on a day when I felt like eating everything. Fortunately, it was an Up day, so I nibbled a little bit on the crispy, salty skin without any guilt.....Then when I made the turkey broth, I included some of the skin. When I filtered it out and saw how fatty and flaccid the skin looks after rehydration, I began to think twice about eating that stuff! Bleah!.....just sayin'

Welcome Navywife! Good work!

I'm taking iron supplements, Edoetsch, and I seem to feel better when I do, but I really need to have my levels checked. Most people do not need iron supplements and too much iron can be bad as well.

Cals yesterday: 880. 44day average=1201. 7day average=1014. I will be tweaking a calorie cycle schedule for a while, but it looks like this is working for now! Happy Dance! Happy Dance!
  • Quote: I baked a turkey breast over the weekend, on a day when I felt like eating everything. Fortunately, it was an Up day, so I nibbled a little bit on the crispy, salty skin without any guilt.....Then when I made the turkey broth, I included some of the skin. When I filtered it out and saw how fatty and flaccid the skin looks after rehydration, I began to think twice about eating that stuff! Bleah!.....just sayin'
    I wouldn't eat turkey skin - that's just nasty. I love chicken skin so much that I did try turkey skin once to see if it was as nice - it wasn't. Icky!!
  • 1268 Yesterday! Right on plan! Woot
  • Wow, as soon as I lower my goal the next day I am up 2.5 pounds! I think this is turning out to be a monthly thing even though I don't have TOM anymore. 52 years young, but it stopped 6 years ago with a surgery -- so I think I still have the monthly issues, just no mess. I never track when weight goes up so I need to write it down so I can look next month. Or I suppose I could check the past posts in here! But I'm not too worried because it seems like it goes up like that (with no correlation to over eating) and then it goes down lower afterwards.

PaiseleyMama - Yay for posting again! I can't imagine making 3 meals x 3 a day! That would wear me out -- well... actually I can imagine because I did it when my kids were younger. DH will eat anything so I'm lucky there. He just goes with the flow of whatever weird diet I am on or whatever I make. (or we go out!)

NavyWife - yes, I love the little MFP notice about what you will weigh in 5 weeks! Even when I have over eaten by a ton of calories it still says I will weigh less. Great job on exercise!

edoetsch1 - yay on keeping busy and not thinking about what you are eating! It's kind of like if you go on vacation and do a lot of sight seeing and walking around. Sure, you think about your meals but not obsessively. You just fit the meal into the day and not have the whole day planned around the meal.

SeeMyFeet - so glad to hear the calorie cycling is working! I make a chicken crock pot meal every week or two and after Thanksgiving I made it with leftover turkey and broth. I was SHOCKED at the amount of fat when I took it out of the fridge. It was like a whole inch layer of fat! The chicken is never that way.

Kaarin - regarding the steps - I have my goal for 10,000. So one night we got home late and I had about 9100 or so. I just started walking from one side of the house to the other (over and over) and I hit the 10k pretty quickly. I was amazed. I started doing it as a joke because my son was ahead of me on his FitBit and then I saw how fast it went so kept going.

Did anyone see the news about the FitBit Force and Flex causing rashes for some people? Yikes! I have the One myself but I have never had sensitive skin. I got my son the Force for Christmas so hope he doesn't get a rash!
  • Okay if I join you? Today I'm finished with 1352 Calories. I also did 30 minutes on the treadmill and arms today.

Angela
  • Absolutely!