Daily check in: were you under your calories today??

You're on Page 32 of 34
Go to
  • 1050 yesterday. In my usual "mid-week" plateau. Trying to catch up to my ticker weight. Gaaaaw!! This is so hard!!! or maybe I'm just toooo impatient!
  • Hey everybody! Hope everyone is doing okay. It seems like maintenance is the same as losing. Still have to think about every meal and exercise a lot. But it feels good to be here. So my theory is lose it slow and if it takes long that's okay because it is reinforcing the habits you need to keep it off!
  • 1145cals yesterday. 1112cals monthly average. And holding at about the same wt for 5 straight days.

C'mon scale! CalCounter's not talking to us! I'm not ready to maintain YET!!!
  • Been a really good week! On track every day with calories. Not as much exercise as I'd like, but I'm done being sick now (or at least I'd BETTER be, self, you hear me?), so next week should be easier.

I made some really spicy goat curry last night, and just had some for lunch with a tortilla and sour cream. Surprisingly tasty and low-cal. Good macros, too - tons of protein. What have you all been eating lately?

SeeMyFeet - I bet you're just holding water and you'll get a big whoooooosh soon.

CalCounter - Have you been able to pinpoint a good number for maintenance calories yet? I've always thought that was one of the trickier things about maintaining, trying to find exactly the right level of eating after losing for so long.
  • Bigchiefhoho.
    No, but it's only been a couple weeks. MFP said 2100 but someone on the maintenance thread suggested that I slowly add 100 at a time. This past week was the week when I always gain so I couldn't really tell what happened. I have been sticking around 1600-1700 and lost a little, this next week I hope to go up. Although I am not at all hungry with the amount I'm eating now.
  • Hey Everyone! Sorry for the absence. I was away, then the kids were on break.
    I've done terribly over the last two weeks. In that time I tried to watch what I ate as much as I could but I also indulged and the scale, while it moved, showed it. I should have lost a LOT more. I actually gained 2 1/2 pounds last week! So I actually lost 4 1/2 from my last weigh in.

Into Onederland now but I feel worse than I have in a long time. I feel fatter, jigglier and just really heavy. When I look in the mirror I'm back to being disappointed. This is such a vicious cycle.
  • Another 2lbs bit the dust this morning. I guess my body was holding onto some water weight from the sodium overload. It was pretty good seeing that I'm back in the overweight category but I still feel gross.

Yesterday's cals were 1034

Newkate - I lose 1-2lbs per week. Assuming each month has 4 weeks, I've lost 1.9lb a week since November. BUT some weeks I lose nothing, others I lose more. I should exercise but I'm just not feeling it
  • So excited this morning! I've finally lost my first stone! 14.2lbs gone! Yaaaaayy! Been waiting to add that to my siggy for so long!
    Going out tonight with bf's work crowd to an Italian.. Not sure what I'll eat but I know I'll have to be careful!
    Will Post properly tomorrow... Running v low on time at the moment!!
  • Congratulations, NewKate! I remember being so happy to write that first 10lbs down in my siggy. At the start of my journey I never thought it would happen
  • NewKate. Yay! Congrats! I'm happy to learn what a stone is too!

Paisley sorry you don't feel good, or you feel gross as you put it. But, my goodness, you have lost a lot! You are in onederland!!! Do you know how many people would love to be where you are right now? Try to look at this as a lifelong change, not a quick, get skinny thing. You are on the way! I really believe the longer it takes the better because it sticks. Plus the habits are becoming more ingrained. That's why calorie counting is so great too, because we aren't doing some weird "only eat certain foods on a full moon" rules. All the past diets I did were weird ones and then when I would get to a reasonable weight, I couldn't stick to it. With calorie counting we can stick to it forever. On my walking DVDs she always says "being healthy is a gift you give those who love you". I don't know if that statement is helpful to you, but for some reason it is very motivating to me.
  • Thank you for the support, Calcounter
    I don't think it'll seem real until I get into the 170's. Until then, I anticipate I'll be wearing the same size clothes and be flabby. I guess it's all part of the journey!
  • Yay! Paisleymama's back! And in OnderLand! WOOHOO!! I'm almost there....so close...so close....Congrats on your stone, NewKate!

1128cals yesterday after an over 16hour busy busy work day. phew! Almost as busy today and only 874 cals today. My rate of weight loss has "slowed" to .34lb per day, which is 2X faster than Feb. (me and my spreadsheets!) ooooooo let's hope it sticks!!
  • NewKate, congrats! That's awesome (and also my very favorite unit of measurement!).

Paisleymama, did you take any before pictures or measurements? I usually find that when I go into a stall or something I get in a really crappy head-space about my appearance and feel like I look exactly the same, but taking a new picture and comparing can show that hey, I actually *do* look different. Maybe you're just in a bad spot mentally?

SeeMyFeet - ONLY .34 pounds a day, eh? You poor thing.

I've had a mostly good week, but I'm experiencing a little frustration right now with my calories. I had a few days in a row where I went low, around 1600-1700 calories a day, and the weight was just flying off, but then my baby started having seriously cranky spells in the evening and I figured out it was because she was hungry! I accidentally cut off my milk supply. So I bumped the calories back up to 1900-2000, and my milk came back in, but the weight is now stalling a bit. Better to have slow weight-loss than a hungry baby, I know, but it's still a little frustrating.
  • Woohoo, seemyfeet! You'll be joining me very, very soon!

BigChiefHoho I do cycle in and out of being positive and negative about this journey but there's no denying that I'm softer than before. I think I had expected to see a bigger difference at 30lbs loss than I have. It's in no way going to deter me from continuing on, I didn't start for vanity reasons, it just sucks to not be where you thought you would.

Yesterdays cals were 1233
    Added the green smoothie back in. It was awful and bitter but I choked it down. I hope today's bunch of spinach is better
  • Hi everyone..... oh my all I can say is u guys are doing great!!!!
    Great job Paisley momma getting into onederland!!! I'm sorry u feel chappy tho.

I'm back to stay this time I read thru some of u guys threads and I think to myself. . I could be a lot farther if i stuck to it. But oh well better late than never. So I'm making a promise to myself that I will post here daily just so I can have some accountability.

1800 is my caloric goal for righ now. I will post daily whether I'm within goal or not!
    Feels good to be back