Daily check in: were you under your calories today??

You're on Page 25 of 34
Go to
  • Don't know what's going on but I was down 1/2 this morning after a 1 pound down the day before. Of course this was after two weeks of the same - actually up and down for two weeks. I'll take it.

Had a Roast Pork sandwich from our favorite Cuban restaurant for dinner. So good. We used to eat it once or more a week before I started the diet in July - and this is probably just the 3rd time I've had it. So good. I used Paisley's method of eating light and not worrying too much on the weekend for dinner. No idea on calories but it will be okay. I have learned that one or two days over does not a diet ruin! (This took more than 30 years to learn for me.)
  • Do you have room for an OLD ROOSTER who is counting calories and following the Volumetrics Weight Control Plan?

I have been a life long yo-yo dieter but it seems to be different this time.
    Since December 30, 2013 when I re-started my diet, I have not exceeded my daily calorie goal a single time. In many years of dieting I have never been able to string this many days together. I never did Volumetrics before so maybe I have finally found a plan in it that is right for me.

I am eating huge meals and a check today shows that I am continuing to lose 3 to 5 pounds a week.

My total today was 1,018 calories, 9g fat and 504mg sodium.
    I am a cardiac bypass patient so I track fat and sodium as well as calories.
  • Hi Larry, welcome!
    1289 for calories and 70 oz of water (weekends kill me)
  • Welcome Larry! I haven't heard of that diet. I'm a lifetime yo yo-er myself but this time I plan on breaking the yo yo string and staying DOWN! I'm realizing reading the Living Maintenance boards it isn't easy!
  • Welcome Larry!! It's been so fun tracking your amazing progress on MFP. You are an inspiration - keep on going. :-D
  • The weekend of awful food is DONE. DONE, DONE, DONE.
    I actually didn't enjoy the hamburger I had on Saturday night at all. It's the first hamburger I've had in months and I picked off most of the toppings, including the bacon, and gave my husband half of it.
    I didn't track all my calories because I found it impossible, though it was awful food I think I ate under maintenance by a significant enough amount.
    We went out to dinner on Friday night and I had a drink and a few pieces of tempura vegetables. The waiter got my main order wrong so I ended up not having that which I suppose was a lifesaver in terms of cals! I pinched a little of DH's dinner and called it a night.
    Weighing in on Wednesday after the bloat and salt is gone. I'm going to work my butt off this week in order to get the scale moving, I would love to break 30lbs down by the end of the month.

I made some goodies for a bake sale and didn't eat any of them. I bought a box for the family while I was there, I also resisted those.
    Back in the day I would have been taste testing as I baked and bought one of everything. Instead, my family did all the tasting and there were no complaints

I want to be another 30lbs down in 4 months, I'm not sure if that's a realistic goal but here's hoping!

diamond_girl - I know what you mean. I don't do workouts that don't give a good enough burn! I hate working out so if I'm going to do it, I want to get it done fast and have it really count!
    abbyin - Well done! Though aren't you hungry? I'm finding myself less and less tolerant to under 1200 these days
    SeeMyFeet - Eat, woman!!!!
    BarbieBoston - Welcome to the group!
    Calcounter - Yummo! I love roasted pork. Glad to hear the scale is rewarding you
    Larry H - Hi and welcome! You're doing great, not a single day over...that's a lot of commitment!
  • 2060 for caloreis (pizza night) and 75 oz of water. Back on the horse today.
  • 1062 Calories for yesterday. And yes, Paislymama, I have been really hungry for the last few days. I really don't try to eat that low of calories everyday, it's just that I've been watching my fat intake and it seems to go up very quickly during the day and so I slow down on the calories. Well today is going to be a free day since my brother is coming in town from Ohio for a couple of days and we'll be going out to dinner tonight. I was starving again this morning and so I stopped and got breakfast on the way to work and I'm still hungry I don't know what is wrong with me and this hunger thing. Well, hopefully, after eating whatever I want today, I will get back to normal and try to hit that 1250 calorie range.

Hope everyone has a good day
  • 1750 yesterday for me, which is a leeeetle bit low but I was a hundred calories over budget the day before, so that's okay. Have to say, I'm already dreading the day I stop breastfeeding. That extra 500 kcal/day is awesome.

abbyin - If you're cutting back on fat, that might actually be the reason you're so hungry. Fat has a lot to do with satiety, so without it you're not going to feel as full for long.
  • I was a bad girl this Valentine's weekend, and I can't blame it on my partner as he didn't buy me anything fattening - no chocolate or Baileys, because he knows I am on a diet. Instead he bought me some fab Star Trek swag and a lovely watch.

No, my downfall was all my own doing.

We sat and watched a film together on V-day night and I strongly suggested he get the chocs out. I only meant to have a few, but we all know what "I only meant" tends to turn into.

Then, on the day after, I suggested my small daughter and I bake Valentine's heart-shaped shortbread biscuits, complete with yummy pink icing and pink sprinkles. To be fair, I did share them - I only ended up having five of the 18 we made.

But then, I just felt SO nibbly all weekend - I couldn't stop myself from gobbling virtually everything in sight.

Result: This morning I was up 3.8 lb!!!!

I know it's not 3.8 lb of fat - I didn't eat THAT much - but it's still disheartening. So, back on the wagon today. It will go. I will be happy to maintain this week, overall.
  • 1,859 Calories yesterday after giving in to my DW request and going to Pizza Hut I went for a 30 minute brisk walk to allow for the extra calories.

Today I am back to my Volumetrics plan. Today was my weekly weigh in and I am down 4 pounds this week.
  • Well, Paisleymama, you would be happy to know that I read your post while eating breakfast this morn! ha Not just any breakfast, but my kids' cereal--'cause we're outta everything else. Honey/oat kind of cereal, but actually lower calorie than my granola. I've been at my ticker weight for 3 days straight, and after such a low-calorie weekend, I'm UP. 1.5#. Naturally. GRRRR! It would be one of those "effit..i'm eating a whole pizza all by myself" days, but I'm terrified of gaining. So easy to gain....so incredibly difficult to lose.

1215 cals yesterday. Although it didn't seem like I ate that much. Milk products! Ai Yai Yai!....4 little ounces of cheese=400cals...and 4oz of kefir=110cals. Yikes! I'm trying to learn to like almond milk. I don't know, guys....I just don't think I can do this anymore....I NEED half-n-half for my coffee!!!
  • I finished today at 825 calories and I could not possibly eat a single bite more.

I over ate and I am stuffed to the max
  • Been MIA for the week due to illness. Feeling much better today! Did not make the best food choices over the last week due to not cooking my own food. No gain for the week so that I am happy about! Back on track today!

1,279/2000
  • Hi everyone, I'm Eleanor. New to the Forum, but I am back on my diet, AGAIN...
    I will not stop until I succeed in losing 50 pounds this year. Short term goal is to lose 25 pounds by June...Wish me luck! Thanks for the support.