Daily check in: were you under your calories today??

You're on Page 24 of 34
Go to
  • 1233 for calories yesterday and 120 oz of water. I get all the water in by 6 pm so there was only one nighttime bathroom visit. Although at work I'm in the bathroom tons, LOL. Today I'm off because I'm getting new furniture delivered. I don't like being at home because I tend to snack. I hope that I can keep busy until the furniture gets here (then I'll have tons to do). I plan on doing an hour on the treadmill to make up for the missed workout at work. (there I do the elipitcal and stationary bike along with the treadmill, and their treadmill is nicer)

NewKate2014 - Sorry you're having a tough week. I would hate to have to give up diet soda.
    Munchy -I keep forgetting how small you are so you calories always seem so low anyway.
    CalCounter1003 - I stopped eating back my calories, I kept thinking wasn't the point of exercise to lose weight? How does eating the calories back help?
    BigChiefHoho - Hi, great work.
    abbyin - sorry your not feeling well
    SeeMyFeet - Change up is always good.
    Paisleymama - ugh, the scale going up is definitely a mood dropper. I'm going to change my weigh in (official) to Sunday and try to stop being a serial weigher. It is hurting my motivation.
    Changergirl - I hate it when I enter the amounts wrong. good luck on the less calories.
    edoetsch1 - mmm, girl scout cookies
  • I've had a really good week. Felt a bit nibbly yesterday so I let myself indulge a tiny bit, but then wrote down my calories and honestly, it hasn't changed my average at all. AND I'm still down 3.8 for the week. So maybe it's good to listen to your body sometimes. So long as "nibbly" only equates to an extra packet of quavers or two at 88 cals each and not a big lump of chocolate cake at 600, that is!

Cals yesterday: 1357
    7da: 1224
    30da: 1181
    Weight lost since 1/1/14: 16.4 lb
  • DiamondGirl - I don't know what the point is in eating the calories back either! I just keep doing it on error. I didn't yesterday and won't today so we'll see. I suppose when I get to maintenance (eeek!) I will eat back the calories and then eat more.

I say eeek on maintenance because this will be my first successful maintenance! Notice that positive self-talk! I guess only 10% or less actually keep the weight off - so I plan on being in that 10% along with all of you!
  • I ended out my day at EXACTLY 1200 calories. I had popcorn at the end of the day and purposely added a bunch of toppings to my chili for dinner. I'd much rather make the earlier meals bigger than have to stuff myself at the end of the day!

Paisleymama I love salad, but really only when it's hot out. When it's cold, I want to eat something hot. I should probably make a few one dish meals and freeze them for next week's lunches. I don't want it too heavy because I might not want to eat anything until dinner.

I have, however, eaten carrots and either cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, or sliced peppers as a daily snack for almost six years.

Does anyone have any good warm dishes that can be prepared over the weekend and separated into lunches? What are you guys packing?
  • 1723, about 250 short of what I need. Went too light earlier in the day and then had no way to catch up short of eating half a pound of cheese, which... Yech. Need to make sure breakfast is bigger tomorrow.

Changergirl - Good idea about just changing exercise to 0 calories. I'm gonna start doing that just to simplify things.

edoetsch1 - Hey, as long as you fit it in your calories, doesn't matter if it's from cucumbers or cookies! I had a piece and a half of my husband's birthday cake today and don't feel a bit guilty.

Munchy - I like pulled pork for a make-ahead meal. Doesn't seem like diet food, but I can make enough for a whole week over the weekend, and a nice serving of pulled pork and coleslaw (no bun, just eat it with a fork like a salad) is only around ~400 calories. Probably less if you use low-cal barbecue sauce and coleslaw dressing.
  • 1470 calories for today and 30 minutes on the treadmill. Calories and fat are a little high today but I'm not going to worry about it since I'm usually on the low side with calories. Did my weigh in today and I lost 1 lb last week. I'll take it!!

Diamond girl - New furniture is awsum! Enjoy!
    Robsia - Great weight loss for the week!

Everyone keep up the good work
  • I haven't done this since the beginning but I'm weighing in for my 3rd day in a row. I can't come to terms with the scale going up! Let's see what it says...

Oh thank goodness! 2lbs down making it a 25.4lb loss so far, the ticker rounds up. The literal highs and lows of weight loss

1056 cals yesterday, going to continue with 2 more low, low cal days and go back to 1300 for the weekend. Hoping to lose another 5lbs for an event I have to go to next weekend, fingers crossed!

Changergirl - Late night snacking is one of my downfalls. I'm hungrier in the evenings than through the day. Great work with the 1200
    edoetsch1 - You're doing great!
    diamond_girl - Good work! Hooray for new furniture as well. I always need to pee a ton when I consciously consume extra water. I drink at least 2 liters a day because of the hot climate but when I'm downing more, I'm up all night.
    Robisa - Holy Moly! That's amazing! Well done
    CalCounter1003 - SO happy for you!!!!! You've got this
    Munchy - What about lentils? You could make them in so many different ways! Nice, warm and toasty. While they're high in sodium, baked beans are always a quick fix as well. Check out skinnyms for some ideas
    BigChiefHoho - Well done
    abbyin - Congrats on the loss
  • 1238 for calories and 128 oz of H2O. I was home so I only used the treadmill here. I hour on the treadmill here doesn't get nearly as many calories burned as the elliptical at work. But at least its something. I think I might be getting neurotic about it... I tend to have a smidge of OCD (well maybe more than a smidge)
  • 1166 calories for the day.

Diamond girl - I'm a bit OCD myself

Got to run. Hope everyone had a good day!
  • Thanks abbyin...I had a goo of a day! That's just too funny, and an apt description of my brain on a very busy day. ha

Salmon two days in a row, thanks to DH (the only thing he cooks, ha)

1340 cals yesterday (how'd that happen?) and about 740 so far today. I'm hoping it stays that way because I don't want to eat anything so late at night.

BigChiefHoHo--love the screen name. Too funny.
  • Down 1 lb this am! Been a couple weeks since a drop! My ticker says last time I changed it was 1/31. So two weeks and one pound. Sounds slow but 1/2 a week is good I guess, especially when I'm so close.

Sorry no time for shout outs but I love reading how everyone is doing! Hang in there this weekend!

Happy Valentine's Day !
  • 1234 Calories for yesterday and 136 oz of water. Too much water even though I stopped at 530 I was still up all night. sigh...

Happy Valentines Day <3
  • hoooo my....another busy day at work and not enough time for food. Happy VD to me! ha

830 cals today, and that's after a late-night apple/cheese snack. And I'm so tired I can't sleep. 3am and freezing now. But at least I've caught up on my email!

niters
  • 1133 for calories and 120 oz (a better amount, not up all night) It snowed yesterday, so shoveling is in my future. Have a great weekend.
  • Hey folks, trying to learn my way around the board. Just made the IP choice and am laying in supplies and getting recipes organized. Have to lose 60 to get to per child shape. Ugh.....