Daily check in: were you under your calories today??

You're on Page 21 of 34
Go to
  • After those 6 days of stubbornness my body finally let go of 1.4 lb over two days. So I know it works, it's just frustrating when it's happening.

Well done to everyone who is sticking to the plan. It really is worth it in the end.

Cals yesterday: 984
    7da: 1232
    30da: 1204
    Weight lost: 13.4 lb
  • Good evening all!
    I was down 1.6lbs this morning and my calories are sat at 1236 so im pretty happy. I intended to work out tonight but I got in from work late and blah blah excuses excuses... Bit pathetic the excuses I'm coming out with this week!
    Paisley you're so close to onederland!!! Keep going!
    Edoetsch great work getting your water in! I'm so dehydrated tonight. I think water intake is gonna be my goal for a while.
  • Yay on everyone's losses! The water intake is very important for me along with the exercise. And as I type this I realize, that this diet, the only one where I've ever gotten this low, is the first time I've exercised and drank water. I used to only drink diet sodas but gave them up in July. So maybe for me that was why this worked. I refused to exercise in the past, but I have to say I like it now and I feel so much better when I do it. If you aren't exercising yet, just walk a little extra here and there. You don't have to do anything painful. Just walking will help!

I've been within calorie range but weight's been the same for a week, but with just 2.5 to go I figure it will be slow. Also, I need to up the calories some days but I just get in a routine and eat the same breakfast and lunch every day. Still in shock that I'm where I am and lower than the goal I originally set. It does feel good and if I can do it, you all can do it! (sounds cliche but I'm serious!) I need to buy some more clothes, just not a lot of extra money for that now. But I'm not complaining, just very thankful.
  • I think I'm going to try to increase my calories slightly to see if I can start losing. I'm definitely motivated and have been exercising quite a bit more than usual. Tomorrow I'm planning gym time after work and Saturday I've planned a 4 mile walk/hike. I'm so sore from all of the shoveling yesterday, but I just love the feeling of my muscles working, so I'm going to keep it up.

I'm going to try to increase my food calories to 1200 and cut out the empty alcohol calories. I typically eat soup (115-175 calorie) for breakfast and lunch, veggies with light ranch as a snack, and my dinner tends to be between 250-400 calories. I average about 600-700 food calories per day.

If I can get there and maintain my weight, I'll be ecstatic! I'm really worried that one of these days I won't make it because my body is too broken and doesn't have all of the nutrients it needs. I can't risk that - I have a child to worry about.

Wish me luck!
  • 2/6: 1544/2000
    still chugging along ")
  • 1279 cals yesterday. Today is High Day Friday! WOOHOO! No calorie counting past lunch

abbyin - The random low day is good Glad you haven't gained but I hope you see a loss soon

Robisa - YAY! So glad things are moving along again

NewKate2014 - Congrats on the loss! Aaah, onederland, I have missed thee! I hope it's within the next week. It was a huge shock for me to step on the scales at the start of this and be in the 200's. Live and learn.

CalCounter1003 - I think I will feel much the same! In the beginning, it feels so unobtainable. Even just getting these first 25lbs off has been awesome, the first few weeks were TOUGH. I wanted to quit. I wanted to have cake and a cheeseburger. I had days where I was detoxing hard. I look forward to meeting you in Goal territory soon

Munchy - I hope your body responds well, fingers crossed for you!

edoetsch1 - Keep on chugging!
  • TGIF 1231 Calories for me yesterday.

Rosbia: Glad you finally showed a loss, it can be disheartening to now see anything when your working so hard.
    NewKate2014: Yay a loss
    CalCounter1003: I was thinking about that hard to loose last little bit and your comment about how you less then your original goal had me thinking what if you lowered your goal again if it would trick your mind into tricking your body to stop holding onto the extra. LOL
    Munchy: good luck on the healthy eating
    edoetsch1 Yay, lets do this!!
    PaiselyMama: High Day Friday sounds awesome!
  • Another loss for me this morning, 0.8lbs down from yesterday so that's 2.4lbs gone in two days which is pretty weird but I'm not complaining.

Calories at 1341 for the day. I did half an hour of aerobics and 15mins of weight resistance which is around 300 calories burnt so a net of 1041 which is low for me. I think I might have a wee chocolate later. I feel I need a Friday treat.

CalCounter you're doing a great job. Keep working at it, the amount you've lost is such a huge achievement, the loss at this stage will be really slow so persistence is key!!

Munchy increasing your calories is definitely the way to go... your body won't be happy working out on such a low number of calories!!

edoetcsh keep it up!!

Paisley you're definitely gonna make it to onederland in the next week or so. What an achievement!!!

DiamondGirl TGIF - you are so right.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
  • Calories were low for yesterday, 1175, so I upped them today, 1612. Hopefully that might kick start my plateau. It's kind of like Calcounter1003 said, I too get in a rut of eating the same things every day and so my calories are low every day but I'm going to the grocery tomorrow and I need to buy some different things. I'm kind of getting bored with my food and I really want to try to eat at least 1250 calories each day, which is, and has been, my plan. Sounds like a lot of us are trying to make some adjustments for next week
  • After being back from vacation for a week, I figured it was time to pop back in here and say hi! It's nice there are so many new people. I went back and read the last couple pages to try and catch up but there's so much stuff it's hard to do personals. Hopefully starting next week I'll be here everyday so I'll have less to catch up on.

I will say congrats to CalCounter! You are so close to your new goal, it must feel so great. I'm not sure what you're eating now but if you're looking to add some calories maybe go back to full fat dairy (if you're not) or add olive oil to something if you can.

I didn't weigh in for a week when I came back and I gained 3 kilos/6.6 pounds, that was on Thursday. I've lost almost a kilo since then (in 2 days) so my body must still be adjusting to being back. I'm glad it's coming off pretty quickly as it was likely mostly water weight and not actual fat. I'm hoping to net 1420 calories until I get back to my pre-vacation weight. I'm on a 2 day streak right now but I know the weekend is going to be tough. I'm going to have to make sure I'm exercising a bit more as I know I'll be eating a bit more.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
  • Morning all! Another 0.4lbs down this morning. So that's almost 3lbs in 4 days. A really rapid drop.

Had a kind of interesting experiment last night. At work the cleaner had left two chocolate bars on my desk (something she does for all the staff from time to time, very cute!) but I chucked them straight into my drawer of my desk - out of sight! At the end of the day I was really desperate to eat one but decided better of it.
    Anyway, I got home and I was under on my calories so I thought I might eat it but again I didn't.
    At around 10pm last night my net calories was way under normal for me so I decided to eat a 100kcal chocolate caramel bar. But I was so not bothered about it. It tasted sickly, it made my mouth feel gross and I was totally underwhelmed!!

After 6 weeks pretty much cold turkey on chocolate and other sweet stuff I seem to have stopped caring for it. Very unexpected!!!

abbyin mixing it up is definitely a good idea - keep your body guessing.

Hi Changergirl I'm sure you'll drop the holiday weight off quickly.

Have a good day all!
    K
  • Just been running, shins very sore which is a bummer. It's because I was stupid and didn't wear my shin sleeves for aerobics last night. hey ho - keep trucking
  • Just a quick check in. I ordered whatever I wanted on Friday night, that felt SO GOOD. I haven't let go completely since the start of November. Today has been low so far, dinner will be a bust as we're ordering Indian takeaway but back on board tomorrow.
  • 2/7:1,727/2000
    I must confess that I never never stuck with eating healthy this long ever! I always will start, go about 3 weeks and give up. This makes me realize that this is my time! I was ready this time And the best part is I enjoy it. I love feeling this good. I love all the new foods I am trying. And I do not feel as if I gave up anything. I still have the occasional treat. I just learned to portion it and count it.
  • Quote: 2/7:1,727/2000
    I must confess that I never never stuck with eating healthy this long ever! I always will start, go about 3 weeks and give up. This makes me realize that this is my time! I was ready this time And the best part is I enjoy it. I love feeling this good. I love all the new foods I am trying. And I do not feel as if I gave up anything. I still have the occasional treat. I just learned to portion it and count it.
    I'm so happy for you! It's a great feeling, I agree, to eat this way. This is the longest I have ever stuck with anything. Since July for me, but I am not going to just stop when I reach goal. Going to always watch my portions.

ChangerGirl, those are good ideas. I will need to start adding in cals after I lose this last 2.5.