3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   It really works! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/287825-really-works.html)

skinnyki 09-29-2013 11:56 PM

Yesterday was terrible calorie wise :nono:..turns Skinny girl vodka is not so Skinny.:( .lol but that was yesterday ended with over 3000 cal (terrible) so today didnt eat much at all like 750 but im really not hungry and I was too busy to eat plus I knew I went over yesterday and wanyed to offset that a little I dnt knw how it will work out but we shall see.. oh yeah since I started this thread I just like coming back to write abt my new found obsession calorie counting. .anyone who wants to chime in feel free. Happy counting ...until next time :goodvibes

CalCounter1003 10-01-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skinnyki (Post 4851519)
Yesterday was terrible calorie wise :nono:..turns Skinny girl vodka is not so Skinny.:( .lol but that was yesterday ended with over 3000 cal (terrible) so today didnt eat much at all like 750 but im really not hungry and I was too busy to eat plus I knew I went over yesterday and wanyed to offset that a little I dnt knw how it will work out but we shall see.. oh yeah since I started this thread I just like coming back to write abt my new found obsession calorie counting. .anyone who wants to chime in feel free. Happy counting ...until next time :goodvibes

It's okay! You are tricking your metabolism! :D The thing is if your net calories are down for the week, then you are not gaining! And not gaining is good too!

When I was away this past weekend I decided to not stick to plan but not to go completely crazy either. I kept using MFP even though I wasn't going to be eating healthy. I was quite surprised that Insomnia Cookies (a NYC cookie chain) was in MFP! I had bought two chocolate chunk cookies the first night, but after eating one, inputting it, and reading it was almost 300 calories, it hit me it wasn't really that great. One was okay at 300, but two for 600??? That just seemed crazy.

I guess my point is, if I go off program, I think I might just enter my food into MFP anyway and that might help me see how much I am really eating. If I hadn't input that one cookie into MFP, I would have eaten probably 6 or more over the weekend! It was only 1/2 block from where I was staying and I would have probably stopped in every time I passed to buy 2 or more! ;) So I think MFP probably saved me from eating 5 more cookies for a total of 1500 calories!

sanne89 10-02-2013 09:08 AM

Great is works for you ! hope you will archieve so much more succes!

skinnyki 10-02-2013 02:53 PM

Thanks sanne..and cal counter yes It really does make u conscious of what u are eat ing.. I love food so sometimes if I really want something I will always look at the calories and see if it is worth it. Im always trying to get more bang for my buck..so to speak

Wendyg311 10-03-2013 10:08 AM

YES!!! the calorie counting is working for me tooo!!

skinnyki 10-06-2013 09:27 AM

Im still surprised that this calorie counting thing works..I know I said it before but honestly I dnt feel deprived at all. Im learning new things go satisfy my cravings but still stay in control. I am so happy. Every morning when I get up and weigh myself I think oh my it might not work is it possible for me to lose all this weight and dont have to suffer. Every other diet I have tried I was restricted which can only last for so long bc its human nature to want something you cant have on this calorie counting I can have it or decide if I really want it if its worth it by checking the calorie content. And if I decide that I want to have it then I just adjust what I eat so that I can have it. So this it huh is this what normal people do to stay thin?I mean I have been to doctora who try to give me a pill or tell me to do something crazy like eat 500 calories ..I have had a dr. Tell me to only eat 500 calories on hcg diet I looked at her skinny a $$ like she was stupid and said are u serious there is no way in heck I can sustain on 500 calories a day And she was going to charge ME 400$ a month to do so..smh no wonder why the US is fat! bc people only want to make money off of other people and dont care abt their help. When I get to my goal weight I want to go back to the Dr. Office and tell her guess how I did this by good old fashion calorie count and tell her she should be ashamed of herself pushing adipex and diet pills on everyone while she gets rich off our suffering! Sorry im off my soap box. I just had to vent Im so glad that I found this site and excited to learn more and more abt nutrition. Thanks to evry one on 3fc for their stories and posts it helps so much!!

tefrey 10-06-2013 10:53 AM

Calorie counting is easy and I recommend it as part of any diet. The exact type of calories varies from person to person, but once you find the mix that works for you, it's smooth sailing!

It sounds like you've found your mix skinnyki! Keep it up!

Moving Forward 10-06-2013 11:29 AM

Skinnyki--I lost all of my weight calorie counting. Like you, I loved that it was free! I didn't want to spend a fortune on weight loss. The only money I've spent is for some new exercise equipment (well worth it!) and LOTS of new clothes as I shrank down. I also loved that I could eat whatever I wanted, didn't have to buy any special foods, and didn't have any meetings to go to. Now that I'm in maintenance, it's very easy because I've been eating real food all along.

Keep it up! This really does work.

SarainMN 10-06-2013 11:34 AM

I've done WW for over a year and lost 50lbs but came to a sudden stop and have been stuck since Feb
I recently started My Fitness Pal counting calories too and it got me over my hump!!! down 9 lbs in a month too!!
now I count both calories and pts...its exhausting all that tracking but it works lol
Keep up the good work!!!

skinnyki 10-06-2013 11:48 AM

Thank you all.. and moving forward its nice to see someone who lost all their weight counting calories and is maintaining calorie counting as well. I agree Sarianmn it is exhaust img but well worth it. It just makes one aware and conscious of what u are putting in ur body.

Mickie22 10-22-2013 07:11 PM

Good Luck!! I've just started calorie counting as well and I've been doing good, haven't lost any weight yet I don't think, I've only started 3 days ago but I feel better and motivated already!

skinnyki 10-22-2013 09:37 PM

Thank u Mickie ive lost 14lbs since I started counting calories. September 12. I still like the diet it has irs challenges but it is teaching me alot abt nutrition and how to make the better choices. It has its challenges but it is doable for me. I feel like I can stick to this for a lifetime. And thats the most important part. The weightloss can be slower than some but it is so worth it . Ive lost weight fast only to put it all back on plus more. Good luck to u in your journey.