Help Me Stay in Range Tonight!

• I slipped up and had a couple of unplanned-for beers at lunch today. Now I only have about 200 calories left for dinner- and I know I'm going to want to eat something! I'm ok with going over a little for the day- I was thinking I can find something moderately satisfying for around 300 and I will do a little extra workout this evening to make up the difference.

Any suggestions (other than a big salad with grilled chicken, which is a go-to for me, but kinda boring) for something filling and interesting?
  • Lean cuisine has a ton of dinners for around 250-300 calories
  • I did the same thing today! (well except for beer, I had a chocolate dipped apple slice and some extra fruit at lunch)

I have appx 240 calories until I meet my calorie limit for the day and still need to get through dinner. My plan of action: I'm going to have a serving of low fat cottage cheese, a boiled egg and 4oz of strawberries. If I'm starving after...then I will have 110 calories protein shake!

I would say load up on a good salad and lots of protein...or else you may find yourself hungry after dinner with so few calories. Just my own two cents. haha!
  • An awesome Chili fills me up. Google weight watchers 1pt Chili as a reference. It's about 65 calories per serving.
  • I keep a couple vitapizzas on hand for days when my calorie allowance is dwindling. They are only 190 calories, full of vitamins (hence the name) and very high in fiber. They aren't very large but I cut them in fairly small (almost bite size) slices and eat slowly with a lot of water.
  • I'm sure you probably already ate, but for next time or anyone else. I will cook up a package of frozen veggies, or steam fresh veggies, and top with 1 or 2 servings of soup depending on how many cals I have left. I like the campbells naturals line which is about 260-320 for 2 servings and the veggies are usually around 100 cals
  • I tend to go for a creamy cauliflower soup if I'm low on calories (if it is too thin, I add a smidge of instant potato flakes.) I boil the cauliflower in chicken broth (2 to 1 ratio of cauiflower to broth) until cauliflwoer is very soft, add sauteed onions and garlic along with 1 oz cheese of choice then puree until creamy.

For a loaded potato taste, I use chives instead of white onion, add a dollop of sour cream or greek yogurt and some bacon or ham. Mmm!

Also makes a great "chowder" with corn, broccoli, etc.