Wanting a muffin recipe please

• Could someone give me a recipe for a whole meal, walnut, carrot banana muffin or something like it with the calorie count for the size of muffin please

Scood
  • Check this thread out. Ctrl + F to find what you want exactly. Some of them may not have the calorie count so just go on MFP and log in to see how many calories per serving, etc.

PS- Check out the Breads and Grains forum for more threads on mufins.

HTH!
  • Thanks, Im still finding my way around

Scood
  • yep, there are some good recipes on these forums and also skinnytaste.com has some great muffin recipes that include nutrition information
  • If you want simple you can buy a box of carrot cake mix, and add 3-4 ripe and mashed medium bananas, 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce, and 3/4 cup egg substitute. Mix all together put in muffin tin and bake like the box says for cupcakes. Right now I'm making that but with spice cake mix.

Comes out to around 90-110 calories a muffin depending on how many muffins you yield.
  • Thanks that sound yummy, I'd rather eat a muffin for breakfast, rather than toast. I start morning shift at 6 am and then we have brekky about 9.30. I would like to use the the big muffin tins so, I Would have to work the calories out

Thanks again
    Scood
  • If you've never seen her blog before, I would google undressed skeleton. It is weight loss/healthy eating and living style blog run by this young girl named Taralynn, she posts all of her recipes and she has quite a few different muffin recipes and although not all of her recipes have nutrition information on them, all of the more recent ones do.
  • I think a raw version of it would be awesome too, like this one peaceandfruit.com/raw-carrot-cupcakes
    And you can just add in a banana or whatever you want much more filling and satisfying I find!
  • Levoguette

That undressed skeleton is fabulous, I have downloaded it. Some of the things. Can't see the calories tho, is there a special place you go into to see the nutritional content??? I love smoothies I can't see the calories in some, but Im new to the site and will have a better look

Scood

• Quote: Levoguette

That undressed skeleton is fabulous, I have downloaded it. Some of the things. Can't see the calories tho, is there a special place you go into to see the nutritional content??? I love smoothies I can't see the calories in some, but Im new to the site and will have a better look

Scood

I'm glad you enjoyed her site! I don't think there's any special place to see the nutritional information, I've just seen them at the very bottom / end of her posts that include the recipe, it's just a few sentences that include calorie, protein, carb, and fat count I believe, not a chart or anything like that. I believe she only recently started adding in nutritional information per request of her readers, so it may be that some of her older recipes do not have nutritional information.
    As for her smoothies, it seems like she posts her daily smoothies and doesn't always include calories for those, but if you go to the recipe section you may be able to find some with calorie content. It's not as ideal, but you can easily google the ingredients and calculate a rough amount if you can't find the calorie count, also look through the comments someone may have posted what they found or Taralynn may have replied to a reader asking the content.
  • I like to mix chocolate cake mix with a can of pumpkin. They come to around 100'ish calories a muffin. So yummy!