Old 05-14-2013, 03:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Need some SERIOUS accountability...

So, in my first two weeks of calorie counting, I lost 5 lbs. Woohoo. Then I went on a girls weekend, which was mentally extended to a girls week, and I gained 3 lbs back. Much of that was sodium and traveling, so I lost 2 lbs pretty fast.

So grand total loss is 3lbs to date.

But now we go on vacation on Wednesday. For 11 days. I know you don't know me so I completely understand if you don't read my updates, but I'm going to commit to checking in on this thread as often as I can (hopefully each evening) to stay accountable to my eating and exercise. I'm so nervous that I'll come back with a gain.

Any encouragement is welcome! Also, my username on MFP is jessiebeeh. =)

Wish me luck!

(Posting now because tomorrow is BUSY..)
beecurrency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:19 AM   #2  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

That's a great idea! Also, if you've never read The Beck Diet Solution, there is a part of the program called "Advantage Cards" where you take some index cards, or something similar, and you write out as many reasons as you can think that would be an advantage to weight loss. I have 5 cards, written on front and back, with things like better health, taking stairs comfortably, learning to kick box...tons of things.

The program has you look at them very frequently for a while, at least twice a day, but maybe you could do something similar and look at it in the evenings or whenever you're feeling like throwing in the towel.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Sounds like a good strategy. I'd also pick one day while away, to have one truly special decadent meal (not fast food) and enjoy every bite. That will give you something to look forward to and you can focus on other fun activities (besides the eating) the other days! Good luck and have fun!
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:26 PM   #4  
Lizzie

S/C/G: 220 start/140 goal

Height: 5ft 6

Default New girl!

Hi Ladies,

I saw this thread and it immediatly appealed to me! Im someone who needs to be held accountable otherwise il just lie to myself!! Which as I know from past attempts, has gotten me nowhere.

Im still trying to figure out the whole 3FC site, but I shall definatly be popping buy here every week and recording my weight loss. Even if no one else has popped by, I know I have to record my weight somewhere public.

Yesterday was the start of my mission, so weigh in will be on Sunday (in UK). Im trying to sick to a 1400 cal diet, but non restrictive foods (otherwise I binge!) and plenty of exercise.

Its nice to finally have somewhere where I can be honest, vent, and not be judged. Im excited about my new journey

xxx
Fat2thin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #5  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

I think accountability is a great idea. I post my weight, my victories, and my confessions daily in the decades thread I belong to. It's also great motivation going back and reading my older posts. It reminds me of how good I felt staying on track.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:09 PM   #6  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

I try to post on here at least once a day. I also keep a food journal and a have a calorie tracker ap on my phone. I also tell my husband every Sunday what the damage is so I can't back peddle and tell myself lies to make me feel better when things aren't going so well.

A cheat meal is a must, especially if on vacation! I've already decided to go off plan within reason when I go on vacation in July.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #7  

So we've made it to our destination, but not without a TON of adventure. Started off at 6:25am and supposed to get to our final destination at 1:23pm. Didn't arrive until almost midnight due to:

a. medical emergency that landed us in Grand Junction, CO instead of Denver
b. getting booked onto a flight that didn't have room for us
c. getting rebooked into a different city, and hour away from our planned destination, but requiring two extra flights
d. the first flight took us into Dallas, where our plane was late due to bad weather
e. we boarded the plane, only to have to get off 30 minutes later due to inclement weather and a tornado watch.
f. we FINALLY made it to our new city, but with no luggage. We're still waiting on it.

With all said and done, my food intake was as follows yesterday:

Breakfast: Venti caramel macchiato and 1/2 cup of blueberries (hey, I was flying with THREE kids! Haha) - about 330 calories total
Snack: When we were waiting during the medical emergency landing, I had some dried mango. Three pieces. - calories?? 120?
Lunch: Two Mcdonald's cheeseburgers and a handful of fries. - I estimated 800 calories? A lot, I know, but this was the most emotional part of our journey, I was tired and STARVING and wanted to cry. Food helped big time.
Dinner: 6" tuna subway sandwich on scooped wheat with veggies. - 450-500

Plus we walked with luggage all over three airports. I gave myself 200 calories of activity. Probably a little more.

1750 calories from food.
-200 calories from activity

Approximately 1550. More than my goal of 1300. Probably should have done a grande latte , one cheeseburger, and a turkey sandwich instead of tuna. That would have easily gotten me under. I'll have to do better, but MAN yesterday was hard. Glad to be done, but still waiting on luggage..
Old 05-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #8  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

I think you did pretty well given the circumstances...and really you were probably better off eating the cheeseburgers at McDonalds than a salad - those things have as much if not more fat in them than a Big Mac!
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:07 PM   #9  

Well, the last couple days have been terribly hard to keep track of. Eating has been mostly "snacking" vs having three meals and identifiable snacks. We did go to a restaurant (Lambert's - Home of Throwed Rolls....anyone heard of it?). It was a lot of fun!! Filled up on three of their rolls, though, and snacked on the pass-arounds. Impossible to tell calories from yesterday. Today I tried to keep decent track. I think I've done fairly decent: cup of sweetened coffee, two iced coffees (that was my big calorie consumer, but its HOT here! and that was essentially my lunch), hot dog for dinner, a couple pieces of jello. I know - not nutritionally amazing, but it is what it is.

Tomorrow we have fro yo planned, so I'll intentionally take it easy. Trying to stay active and doing pretty good, athough time change is still hard to adjust to.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/177/150

Height: 5'6"

I love this thread I need to be more accountable as well. Its raining and my dvd player broke so no exetcise for me today
Rose426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #11  

Just wanted to share that I got in a 3.25 mile walk in today, wearing flip flops no less! We're staying with my sister in law and her husband, which is fun, but I miss talking to my twin sister so I grabbed my phone and headed for a stroll. Didn't expect to walk that far, but I'm from Southern Cali (hence the flip flops) and this is the midwest so the trees and hills were beautiful! I also learned something else - everyone here waves like they know you. =) So fun.

Food so far today: sweetened coffee (hmm...100 calories?), muffin (120 calories), portion of a scone (50 calories), half peanut butter sandwich (100 calories), apple (60 calories...didn't eat it all), frozen yogurt (no clue! maybe 450 calories??), and an iced coffee (180 calories). Handful of pretzels (60 calories).

Total estimation: 1120 calories. My math might have been off on that but that estimation is probably within 100 calories or so. Then my walk - about 200-230 calories burned. I'm not terribly hungry for dinner, so I'm excited to say that despite my huge carb day, I'll have stayed pretty stinking close to my calorie goal of 1300.

But now I completely get why people outside California consider us the health-nut state.