Fear of starting too low!

• So I am sorry that this thread has been done so many times in the past. But I couldn't find one in recent pages to revive.

I have been struggling with having a few days counting a a few days off fpr the last couple months. I have legitamately lost a little bit of weight. But not even close to my goal of 1.5 lbs a week. I know that this may be all beacuse of the off plan days and not be an issue with my calorie goal.

But I want to try 1200 calories. I am 5'11" and I know that maybe 1200 isnt appropriate for me. I don't want to do 1200 for good. Just have a few really stingy days to get me started off on the right track, Get myself used to eating less and then byump up the calories to 1650 like my goal has been.

Tell me if this is silly/crazy/ unnecesary, or if you think that being very low for say 5 days can be a helpful jump start?

I know that I need to learn to be moderate. To lose weight at a steady healthy pace. But for me being more strict can be easier than trying to be moderate.

Any of you ladies with higher starting weights or taller/ larger frames do only 1200 calories for any amount of time? Was it beneficial? Was it more harm than good? Rightnow I am planning with sticking with 1650. But toying with the idea of going lower a bit.