If you're doing my fitness pal have you...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • You know when you finish for the day and it says: If you ate like this everyday you'd weigh xx in 5 weeks??

Well has that ever proved true for anyone? I find myself thinking "yeah right, that's so far off" and I'm not sure, maybe I should change my mindset? At the moment the weight that they say seems so unrealistic.
  • Mine said I will be 199.2 this coming Monday, I hope it's right!!! It's a little bit of a stretch I think now that 4 1/2 weeks went by since that prediction but I should be close.

I mark random days on my calendar just to see if it works. It's usually pretty close but I eat almost the same number of calories and do the same amount of exercise every day.

Just remember if you have a really high or really low day, it might not be as accurate as a "normal" day.

I really like that app. but the 5 week thing does make me a bit obsessed!
  • Mine has never been right. Come times better sometimes worse. Don't take it to close to heart
  • I try not to pay attention to it but still get a thrill when it tells me a low number. I don't record or track it, though. It'd be pretty easy to do--just add it as another number to track on progress!
  • yeah....no its never right. It is motivational though and keeps me going!
  • I barely started using it but I hope it is true
  • This made me decide to start tracking it. I added a new 'measurement' of "5 week prediction" to my measurements. I'd already added "Band size" and "fasting blood sugar".

Now I'm going to track it--but it'll be 5 weeks before I know anything!
  • I've actually beat the prediction on MFP... But how do you add prediction to where it shows on the progress chart? If it can be done.
  • No. Mine is definitely not accurate. I've severely been slacking with my log ins ever since I caught the flu a couple weeks ago but it's been saying I would be in the 130's weeks ago, and I'm still teetering between 140-143. I'm yet to get down to where it says I will be. Maybe I will start marking it on my calendar to see if it's accurate at all.
  • Quote: I've actually beat the prediction on MFP... But how do you add prediction to where it shows on the progress chart? If it can be done.
    On the "My Home", select the "Check in" option.
    Select "Track additional measurements" under the measurements
    Add "5 week predictor" or something like that

Now you can enter values and track it just like weight, waist, hips, etc.
  • I think it's just an estimation if u eat the same way and excersize the same every day for 5 weeks. I have days that it says 10 lbs and others where it says 0. But I guess it can't hurt to chart it.
  • Quote: On the "My Home", select the "Check in" option.
    Select "Track additional measurements" under the measurements
    Add "5 week predictor" or something like that

Now you can enter values and track it just like weight, waist, hips, etc.
    Ahhh, I see... Thank you for posting that information!! I actually use the iPhone app so I don't think it can be done on there. Thanks again
  • Quote: Ahhh, I see... Thank you for posting that information!! I actually use the iPhone app so I don't think it can be done on there. Thanks again
    I actually use both. It's easier to enter stuff on the computer, but the iPhone lets me scan.
  • I don't pay much attention to it, but I have to say the one day I decided to give in to my TOM hungries the figure it quoted when I logged my food for the day was definite motivation to make that a one time thing lol
  • My body doesn't lose weight based upon formulas and charts. There are a myriad of things going on that MFP can't possibly account for. I very rarely even glance at this number.