3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   I think I'm under eating (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/271140-i-think-im-under-eating.html)

Babybat 12-06-2012 09:21 PM

I think I'm under eating

Hello everyone :D I think I've been under eating, I always seem to be hungry. As an example today I ate...

(I skipped breakfast, bad I know)
Large rice cake (50 cal)
Homemade mango smoothie (around 100 cal)?
Pasta (300 cal)
I tried making the pasta healthy :) it was a nice treat.

I drank only water, lots and lots of water...and that's it for the day.
I've been trying to mix more normal foods into my diet that have been made healthy... SO I'm pretty sure I'm not eating enough but I want to make sure because I read online that the less calories you eat the more pounds you'll lose.

Not sure what's true here :?:

Thanks!

Babybat 12-06-2012 09:22 PM

I usually eat fruits and veggies but today I didn't feel like it :( I feel so light headed and almost everything makes me want to throw up.

Edit - so basically how do I know how many calories to eat per day? Is what I'm asking.

CanadianCutie 12-06-2012 09:45 PM

you're definitely undereating. Use myfitnesspal or fitday, or any calorie counting site. To find out how much you should eat in a day to lose google weight loss calculator. This is one I found that gives many options.

http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/weigh...calculator.php

Misti in Seattle 12-06-2012 10:16 PM

Wow, you most certainly ARE under-eating. You should be eating close to 3 times that many calories

My suggestion would be to get some medical supervision.

domesticbliss 12-06-2012 10:16 PM

I agree with the other poster, you should be using a program that will accurately tell you how much you've been eating.
If you're lightheaded and nauseous and have only eaten about 500 calories, you need to eat more... like a lot more.

freelancemomma 12-07-2012 12:02 AM

You THINK you're undereating? There's no uncertainty about it. You'll be a lot happier, and will continue to lose weight, if you triple your intake.

F.

Mozzy 12-07-2012 12:13 AM

I agree, use a calorie tracker website or smart phone app. I use myfitnesspal.
You'll feel better if you eat to fuel your body.

Babybat 12-07-2012 12:53 AM

THANK you, I downloaded that myfitnesspal app you said

Mozzy 12-07-2012 01:18 AM

You can add me as a friend on MFP if you'd like. Mozzy314

Babybat 12-07-2012 03:41 AM

Sure :)

CrepeSuzette 12-07-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babybat (Post 4549959)
Hello everyone :D I think I've been under eating, I always seem to be hungry. As an example today I ate...

(I skipped breakfast, bad I know)
Large rice cake (50 cal)
Homemade mango smoothie (around 100 cal)?
Pasta (300 cal)
I tried making the pasta healthy :) it was a nice treat.

I drank only water, lots and lots of water...and that's it for the day.
I've been trying to mix more normal foods into my diet that have been made healthy... SO I'm pretty sure I'm not eating enough but I want to make sure because I read online that the less calories you eat the more pounds you'll lose.

Not sure what's true here :?:

Thanks!

...and faster you'll regain :(
Pasta is a healthy food, just do a simple tomato sauce to condish it (1 tbs of oil, 1/4 of onion, some leaves of basil and let cook).
Tomato sauce= 150 Kcal
Pasta (100gr) = 360 Kcal

Then, you miss proteins and fats :dizzy:

bargoo 12-07-2012 08:06 AM

babybat, you posted something you read that said the less calories you eat the more you will lose. That is true , to a degree. You DO have to eat enough to keep you alive. at 500 calories a day of course you will feel hungry and light headed. I am glad you have asked for advice, the bottom line here is that you need more calories , it may take a little experimenting to find the right amount . I would say start out with about 1400 and try that for a couple of weeks., What does myfitnesspal suggest ?

Misti in Seattle 12-07-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freelancemomma (Post 4550083)
You THINK you're undereating? There's no uncertainty about it. You'll be a lot happier, and will continue to lose weight, if you triple your intake.

F.

AND be able to stick with it!!!

Tigerlilly6 12-10-2012 11:19 PM

You are losing muscle, not fat when you try to starve yourself in this manner. At my height and weight I can eat about 1200 calories (more if I am doing intense exercise) and lose weight, but it just isn't healthy to go much lower than that.