Old 11-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190.8/see sig/<165

Height: 5 ft 11

I too downloaded both MFP and lose it back over a year ago on a previous attempt at weightloss. I liked using MFP better and ended up deleting LoseIt. But if you are used to LoseIt and it's been successful I would maybe try both for awhile before switching over. If it isn't broke no need to fix it, right?

Eventhough my emphasis isn't all about calories, I am using MFP pal again this time. More to keep track of macro's. At least I had planned on that, but since I have been logging, I find myself very much paying attention to calories again. . Eventhough LiveFit (program I'm following) program doesnt require you count calories, since I haven't been as strict with her allowed foods as the program call for, I feel safer knowing my calories are in check.

LaceyCen- I have a VERY tough time not sometimes cheating my body. I'm so afraid of underestimating, that when I eat something that I cant find exactly in MFP I end up going with something close and has the higher calories to be safe. I have often wondered about this. But since I am stll eating 1700-2100 calories I think I have more room for underestimating than someone only eating say 1200-1500 calories a day.

But I do love the app, and I love that I can check in my weight and it makes the trendline for you, and also that it gives you a weekly calorie total. This shows whether you are on track overall inspite of some higher days etc. Great tool.
wannaBfitnessbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:57 PM   #17  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I started using this about 3 months ago and really like it for tracking food and calories. I personally had to stop adding in my exercise because I found myself eating back the exercise calories. I would see how many I had left to eat and instead of saving them would eat them back.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6"

NEMom - That's a great idea, not adding in the exercise. I might be experiencing the same problem with eating back my burned calories. Congratulations on your weight loss, so far!

In the same vein, I admit that I'm a little confused as to the differing opinions about eating back burned calories. Some people say that if you have a calorie target that you should always meet that target. If you burned 400 calories, for example, that you should eat 400 more calories in that day. Doesn't it slow down one's weight loss to do that, though?
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote