3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Daily Calorie Counting Accountability (#5!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/255014-daily-calorie-counting-accountability-5-a.html)

CIELOARGE 05-04-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debigulating (Post 4320649)
This is kind of a silly trick I use but it does seem to help: I use myfitnesspal for tracking and they have a little button at the bottom that says "complete this entry." Clicking that damn button does something in my brain - it says "OK. I'm done." Plus once you click it, you see you're under calories, and it says "if every day was like today you'd weigh XX lbs in 5 weeks!" That little ritual is enough for me to not even think about putting more in my mouth, because then I'd have to go un-close my day on MFP and potentially go over cals.

I dunno, silly ritual but I like it.

I second that! Plus logging in before eating really helps!! (but I don't do it as often as I should!! :mad: ) Once I log in the food and see the calories I re-think if I reeeeaalllyyy want to eat that or maybe I can have something else. It works everytime AS LONG as I log in before the 1st bite ;)

Yesterday was good. Worked out and cooked healthy meals for the next few days.

Total calories: 1324.
Weigh in today: 154. The scale hasn't move. So I didn't gain but I didn't lose either. Better start getting serious about this or I'll never lose the weight!!!!!

wannaBfitnessbuff 05-04-2012 03:39 PM

loose seal- Thanks so much for the advice. I do need to break the habit. And it is such a habit. I know I wasn't hungry. I just find myself in the pantry when the clock strikes a bit late. Tonight I will not eat late. One day at a time!

Today:
Breakfast- Champagne Mango- 80 cals
Lunch- Vegetable soup(200), Lentil quinoa veggie salad (200), 9 oz bag edamame(158), Large veggie salad with mango dressing and canned tuna(192)- 750 cals

wannaBfitnessbuff 05-04-2012 03:41 PM

debigulating- Maybe if I focus more when I do that it'll help be a motivator for me too stop. I do that everyday, and a few hours later find myself snacking. Thanks for the tip though. I'm just going to take it a day at a time. And today I will be successful and stop eating after dinner!

K9Owner 05-04-2012 04:59 PM

Hello ladies :wave:
OK, I have a confession…..I missed you all like crazy, so I had to come back! I'm such a dork like that. I am hit or miss these days with all the obsession over counting everything. If I want a handful of nuts, I don't measure every last one. If I want cheese on my salad, I just eyeball it. I can't stress anymore about every little gram. I was quite obsessive.

Anyway, AFTER the 1/2 Mary last Saturday, I have had a major hormonal shift--in my favor :yay:
I was under a great deal of eustress (the good stress) planning and training for this race, then with the toenail 2 weeks prior…it just all added up, I guess.
It also jacked up my hormones--in particular Cortisol--the stress hormone!

Several days after the race, my hormones--I think--are returning to normal. I have had a drastic decrease (for me) in weight, as well as a drastic decrease in appetite :yay:

My cals have been ranging from 1100-1300 this week, which a phenomenal decrease from the 1800-3000 days I had before race day!

It is amazing how hormones play such an integral role in the way we lose weight, even though we are doing everything right AND even if the stress we place on our bodies is the good stress.

WannaB: When I used to have night-time munchies, I'd eat SF Jello--orange, made with mandarin oranges. Sometimes, I'd make it plain.

Debigulating: I Hate Hate Hate that "Complete this entry" button in MFP! If everyday were like today….yeah right! Keep dreaming. That thing is so wrong and so evil!

Cieloarge: IF is difficult for me as well, and I found I over ate when it was time for me to eat, b/c I was so dang hungry!

Seal: :love: the siggie! Nice quote :)

loose seal 05-04-2012 05:25 PM

K9! So glad you decided to come back. Sometimes a break is just what's needed. I haven't posted for the past couple of days, just been busy. Sometimes it like that, it's all good.

How'd the race go? I was wondering if your toe was going to let you run. You got a medal for the race? Quite cool!

Angry Bear 05-04-2012 05:57 PM

Hi, hope you don't mind if I join in. I've been struggling to keep some motivation up for a while now and thought a daily "fess up" might shame me into being a bit more disciplined. It might also make me face up to why the weight isn't moving :(

So .... today is 1606

Which I'm very pleased about as I was particularly bad and had both a jam doughnut and a kitkat today (which might explain why I've been feeling like I need more motivation) :p.

penguin41 05-04-2012 06:12 PM

Sorry I have not been posting here too much!

I've been doing pretty decently with my calories. I lost another 2lbs since I last posted here, so I'm down to 185 or 186.

My cravings have pretty much gone away. However, I did have some chocolate covered peanuts this afternoon. My TOM is here, I needed a little bit of chocolate dammit! So... I'm going to play on the safe side and say that was about 470 calories. I'm going out to dinner tonight before I go see the Avengers(!!!), but I don't think I'll manage to go over my 1600 calorie limit. If I do, no big deal. I've been doing a good job with my IFing. Junk food is such a rare thing for me now, so I think I can have a day where I eat a little over! :)

K9Owner 05-05-2012 03:42 PM

:wave: Hi Ladies
I hope you are all having a fabulous weekend.

Seal: The race was nothing shy of AMAZING! I was projected to finish in 03:30 & ended up finishing @ 02:45! I was very thrilled :yay:

SO, I worked Fri night and will work again Sun & Mon nights. IDK if I told you all, but I started leaving all of my $ at home when I go to work to avoid buying cafeteria food and vending junk. It has worked very well for me.

I am restarting Spike! I do not want to get into the metabolism slump I was in for so long ever again.
So, this week, I have maintained between 1100-1300 cals and today, I will eat about 2600 cals.

I made a very yummi protein shake to increase the cals. Here's the recipe for you all.

Chocolate PB Protein Shake
Hodgson Mill - Milled Flax Seed, 2 tbsp
Now Sports - Whey Protein Isolate - Natural Vanilla, 1 scoop (31g)
Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze - Chocolate - Unsweetened, 8 oz
Trader Joe's - Pure Bourbon Vanilla Extract, 1 Tsp.
Trader Joe's - Organic Creamy Peanut Butter Made With Sea Salt, 1 Tbsp
Chobani Greek Yogurt - 0% Plain 56g
Jello - Instant Sugar Free & Fat Free White Chocolate Pudding Mix 8g

Cals: 385
Fat: 17
Protein: 40
Carbs: 23
Sodium: 581
Fiber: 6

Happi Saturday & Happi Cinco de Mayo :cheers:

tammay 05-07-2012 04:06 AM

Is it OK to just log in my food intake? The calorie count and nutritional breakdown of my menus is pretty much the same, as I don't change my meals too often and I usually put a few options into Fitday, so I know where I am. I just find logging in my food every single day tends to make me too obsessed with calories (to the point where it is detrimental to weight loss and health) and I start to play the "how low can you go" game, where I start to cut stuff out to get to a lower calorie level and then I get hungry and... well you get the idea :D.

Today's menu:
Morning: big salad with romaine, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, green onion, parsley, 1 tsp olive oil, 2 tbsp chickpeas, and 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds; 2 slices light whole grain bread with 1/2 tsp honey; black coffee
Mid-Morning: homemade roasted red pepper hummus (so it's low fat) with raw cucumber and carrot sticks, 1 orange
Afternoon: broccoli, multi colored peppers, and white beans sauted with a little olive oil (1 tsp) and balsamic vinegar and fresh basil; 1 cup chopped melon
Evening: big salad with romaine, shredded carrot, red pepper, green onion, radish, and cooked beets with 1 tsp flaxseed or olive oil (if the flaxseed oil is racid - haven't checked it in a while...), 2 oz marinated tofu (homemade marinade); 2 slices light whole grain bread with 1/2 tsp honey; 1 cup chopped pineapple
Lots of water!
Exercise: 45 minute brisk walk this morning.

Djuna

Angry Bear 05-07-2012 03:14 PM

Today I've scoffed 1630 calories, and done 30 mins wii step and 30 mins wi jogging - I reckon about 500 calories worth of exercise :).

K9Owner 05-07-2012 06:39 PM

:wave: Hi ladies!
How are you all doing for a Monday?
I worked Sun & Mon nights. Stil leaving the $ at home when I go to work. It really is effective for not buying junk!! I'm glad I found something that worked, b/c it had really gotten out of hand!

Tammay: Of course, just log whatever you like :)

:welcome3: Angry Bear (hmmmm, I hope this is not reflective of your personality. Not need to be hostile :rofl: )

I spiked Sat. with approx 2800 cals. Sunday, I was right back OP @ 1138 cals. Water @ 72oz :carrot:
I'm seriously looking to drop a pound by Friday!
I'm @ 145.4 today :woohoo: I'm so ready to destroy my abs, I can hardly stand it! BRING ON THE WEIGHTS!! :wl:

One more night to go, then it's gym time for some much needed heavy lifting, which will not be very heavy, since I'l basically be starting over! Oh well, it's a first step in the RIGHT direction, and I'm super pumped about that!!

tammay 05-08-2012 03:48 AM

Yesterday I did very well with my plan and stuck to my calorie level. I did notice that I had quite a bit of fatigue, though :(. I took 2 cat naps and the first one I really fell into a heavy sleep, which doesn't happen often with me. However, I did wake up at about 3 a.m. the night before and had a little trouble falling back to sleep (that happens to me in the summer and the days have been very hot and humid here) and I did wake up fairly early for my walk to beat the strong sun. So these might have added to the reasons too. Also, I am basically moving from weeks of eating a lot of junk food throughout the day (like cheese sandwiches, pastries, lattes, chips, and lots of chocolate!) to eating a very vegetable heavy plant based plan, so I'm guessing there's some detox going on too.

Today's menu:
Morning: Big salad with romaine, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, green onion, cilantro, 1 tsp olive oil, 2 tbsp dehydrated chickpeas (a popular fat-free salt-free snack in Israel, but this is the first time I'm putting it in salad and it's really good), 1 tbsp sunflower seeds; 2 slices light whole grain bread spread with 1/2 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp tahina; black coffee with agave
Mid-Morning: homemade roasted red pepper hummus with cucumber and carrot slices; 1 peach
Afternoon: broccoli, peppers, and beans sauted with balsamic and black olives; 1 cup chopped melon
Evening: Big salad with romaine, shredded carrot, radish, yellow pepper, and green onion topped with 1 tsp flaxseed oil and 2 oz extra firm tofu with homemade marinade; 1 cup chopped pineapple and 3 rice cakes with 1/2 tsp honey
Lots of water!
Exercise: 30 minutes brisk walking DVD

Djuna

Angry Bear 05-08-2012 06:10 PM

Thanks for the welcome! Don't worry, I'm saving all my rage for the scales ;)

So today I ...
Ate: 1634
Exercised: 1100
Net: 534 :carrot:

tammay 05-09-2012 03:06 AM

Yesterday I did well with my eating and exercise and I felt a lot less fatigued even though my mom and I were out doing errands and doing a lot of walking for 3 hours. I'm wondering if maybe the high-quality multi-vitamin that I've been used to taking every day is what caused the extreme fatigue my first day, as I didn't take it yesterday because I felt that Fitday shows that I am actually reading most of the RDA for vitamins and minerals. I'm thinking I'll try a few more days without taking a multi and see how I feel and then I'll take supplements only for those vitamins that Fitday shows I am short of and that I know vegans are usually short of (like B12).

Another thing that I'm noticing is that I'm having trouble with my lower back, especially after my morning walk. It's not so painful that it is debilitating and I can't move, but I definitely have to sit down for a little bit after my walk. I also noticed this happens when I go grocery shopping with my mom. My mom is the kind of shopper who, even if she comes with a list of things, she will go down aisle by aisle anyway to see if she's "missing something" so shopping can take quite a bit of time and I'm on my feet all that time. So by the time we get to the car and load our stuff and I go to sit down in the passenger's seat, it's an ease off my back.

I've never really had that big of an issue with my lower back, but I know it's because of my heavy weight gain (I've basically gained about 60 pounds in the last 5 years) and the fact that I'm at my heaviest weight ever. So I'm hoping that as I start to exercise more and lose some weight, the lower back pain will ease.

Other than that, I really like my plan. It does take quite a bit of prep work, mainly because I eat a lot of salads, but I love fresh food (I have this thing about keeping leftovers and eating them too long!) I'm finding I am actually not hungry and can go between meals pretty well without feeling hungry, which is a nice change from what I was previously doing (very low fat, lots of carbs, though mostly whole grains) where I never really felt totally full in between meals.

Today's menu:
Morning: big salad with romaine, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, green onion, parsley, 2 tbsp dehydrated chickpeas, 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds; 2 sliced light whole grain bread with 1/2 tsp honey and 1/2 tsp tahina; black coffee with agave
Mid-Morning: homemade roasted red pepper hummus with cucumber and carrot rounds; 1 peach or nectarine (depending on which one is the ripest)
Afternoon: either broccoli, peppers, and beans or cauliflower, celery, and beans (I'm cooking today); fresh strawberries, 1 cup
Evening: salad with romaine, shredded carrot, radish, orange pepper, green onion; 2 oz extra firm tofu in homemade marinade (this time I added the 1 tsp oil in the marinade itself to see if it will make the dressing "stick" more to the salad greens, as I like a lot of flavor); 1 cup chopped pineapple and 3 brown rice cakes spread with 1/2 tsp honey
Lots and lots of water!
Exercise: 45 minute walk

Djuna

K9Owner 05-10-2012 08:49 AM

Geez, where is everyone? Including myself??

I am totally busy this week and since I am going on holiday next week, I may not post as much on this forum.
I am still logging my food in MFP--I'm such an addict!
Tuesday & Wednesday, I was a little off track, but I am planning to correct that today. 1400 & 1600 cal days respectively. Too many stinking carbs for each day as well.

I have a huge schedule today, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with my niece graduating from nursing school & packing/planning for Lake Tahoe for a week. :dizzy:

Hope you are all having a great Thursday!

Stick to your plans & if they are not working for you, Switch some things around until they do!!

:hug:

loose seal 05-10-2012 12:28 PM

Been hectic and too many people around peering over my shoulder every time I try and log in here. :mad:

Been pretty OP for the most part but the cals are coming in around the 1600 mark which is too much. Trying but struggling right now. Off to do some yard work.

victoriah68 05-10-2012 02:01 PM

I've been using My Fitness Pal and love that it makes me accountable. It looks like you can friend people on there but haven't figure that part out.

Yesterday I ate 1720 cal and did 330 cal burning exercise.

Today I had cinnamon swirl bread for breakfast 280 cal and for lunch had homemade baked ziti 568 cal

Angry Bear 05-10-2012 06:30 PM

Today I ate 1712 calories. I also managed to sneak in some brie and crackers :)

tammay 05-11-2012 04:14 AM

Just wanted to note that I've decided to move tracking my food to my 3FC blog. I will try checking in here, though, to report how I'm doing.

I did pretty good yesterday. The only off-plan thing that I had was a glass of homemade iced coffee (basically, instant coffee, water, ice, and milk). The milk is not vegan, though, so it was definitely off for me :(. I wish I'd had an iced tea instead, as I think I would have enjoyed that more.

On the plus side, I think my body is adjusting to the fiber content in my new plan. When I ate "on plan" before starting with CRON on Monday, I was getting pretty good fiber - about 35-40 grams a day. But with CRON, I'm getting more like 60 a day! So I felt pretty bloated for the first 4 days but today I feel a lot better. My bracelets slid on my arm easily after I went walking today, which they haven't been doing for the past several days.

This weekend is going to be a challenge, though, as most of my bad eating comes in the form of weekend binge eating. However, I'm avoiding going to the store today at all. One nice thing about Israel is that most shops are closed on Saturdays. So it's not like I can give in tomorrow and pop over to the market across the street to get junk food because it will be closed :D.

Tam

summerlove 05-14-2012 02:40 PM

ack!! still alive...just decided to sprint off the trail and tumble down a small hill, so to speak...

Up at 172 again. No problemo, starting over!

b: yogurt (100), tea w. honey (50)

1/2 avacado, 1 egg: (160)

2 rice cakes (100)

bowl of special k (350)

chicken noodle soup (140)

strawberries: (90)

2 fruit leathers and 2 rice cakes: (180)

some orange, tea: 100

total: 1270 today :)

loose seal 05-14-2012 02:59 PM

Yes, I am still kicking.

Still coming around the 1600 mark per day, although I wasn't cal counting yesterday or Sat much, just trying not to over do it.

Doing lots of yard work the past week. Need to refocus and knuckle down on the food intake though. I should probably stop browsing Pinterest finding all kinds of fantastic looking yummy things to make and eat!

On the up side, I put on my second pair of size 12 jeans (that a month ago were better than they had been but still too squeezy in the middle and made me look and feel all sausagey and no way could I wear them) and they not only fit but they are comfortable! Whoo hoo! Scale moving or not, things are improving.

Really need to boost the running because I think that's making a big difference.

-----------
b; coffee, kashi, strawberries, milk - 350
l: l.c. and some chips - 550

Angry Bear 05-14-2012 06:51 PM

I've slacked off the past few days so here's a catch-up ....

Fri: 1627
Sat: 1600
Sun: 2124*
Today: 1688

* On Sunday I was diving in the sea and I was advised to eat a little more to help keep warm It seemed to work too :)

ricepapr 05-15-2012 02:04 PM

I got swamped with work yesterday and started to just guess my calories as the day went on. It all added up to 1800 when I tracked everything last night so I went over by 220. But I did make sure to get in my cardio! Half exercise, half stress-relief.

summerlove 05-15-2012 02:05 PM

170 today, woop woop!

b: 1 sm. slice bread, 1 tblespoon of pb, 1 rice cake: 200
l: bowl of special K: 350
yogurt: 100
1/2 avacado with an egg: 165
popcorn: 90
stawberries: 60
chicken nuggets and dip: 350
dumpling: 60

ricepapr 05-16-2012 12:18 AM

Nice work summerlove!

I'm back on track and came in at 1524. I also did really well with my water intake. Good day all around.

summerlove 05-16-2012 09:07 AM

ughh...finally back to work today...been stuck at home with a sinus infection :(
it's actually going to making eating healthy easier because I won't be right beside the kitchen!

b: 1 yogurt mixed with kashi, 1 glass orange juice: 420

snack: carrots: 60

rice crispie: 90
2 chocolate squares: 100

crackers: 80
strawberries: 40
rice cake: 50
noodles and chicken dumplings: 500
little bit of ice cream: 100

summerlove 05-17-2012 09:20 AM

oatmeal with 1 tblespoon pb & jam: 240
orange juice: 110
apple: 140
chips: 210

cereal: 230
yogurt: 70
chocolate: 100
carrots with sauce: 170

crackers: 230

total for day: 1500

+ moar crackers:

loose seal 05-17-2012 09:22 AM

Been pretty OP . . . not really counting the cals but rather watching what I eat. Anyway the scale is down another lb so I must be doing something right. Been exercising nearly everyday plus lots of outside work too. Keep trying, keep planning everyone!!

summerlove 05-18-2012 12:20 PM

lunch: healthy choice gourmet steamers meal thing - 320
iced coffee from mcdonalds: 180

planned dinner:

burger: 340
bun: 160
cheese: 65

ice cream: 330

crackers: 60

1550 approx.

summerlove 05-19-2012 02:54 PM

b: cereal - 400
strawberries: 65

nutella on toast: 200
2 dumplings: 90

pizza: 330
ice cream: 330
beer: 160
Jamacain patty: 340
mango juice: 140

total: 2055

maintenance day!

Gingermint 05-20-2012 01:00 PM

You are all totally inspiring me about counting calories again! And this thread is just what I need. Today so far:

2 coffees with skim milk (totally about 1/2c) 45
1/2 cup oatmeal (dry, cooked with water) 156 (according to MyFitnessPal)
1 tsp brown sugar (16) and 2 Tb soy milk (20, says MFP) 36
1 whole pink grapefruit 82
Total 312

veggiegirl123 05-21-2012 02:16 PM

I'm new to the forum and have decided to go about my weight loss by counting calories and a bit of help from Slim Fast :) I've never counted calories before but it seems like one of the simplest and flexible methods out there so I'm going to give it a try! Right now I'm trying to figure out what a good daily calorie intake goal should be.

My stats:
starting weight 164lbs
today's weight 164lbs (today is day one)
goal weight 140lbs
height: 5'6

Today is a bit off because I had leftovers for lunch and don't know what the calories were.
Breakfast: 200
lunch: leftovers ?
supper: 546
snack 1 234
snack 2 x
snack 3 x

eta: I've done some playing around with online calorie calculators and starting out I'm going to aim for 1,400 calories a day. After a week I'll adjust this if I need to.

CoolMom75 05-21-2012 07:59 PM

Hey veggiegirl, I'll start posting in here too.

I've had a couple weeks without weight loss after only starting five weeks ago. I'm going to aim for calories at 1400 instead of the 1500-2000 I was doing (with exercise).

Breakfast: salad=488
Lunch: Salmon burger=404
Dinner: salad and creamed leeks =447
Snack: apricot=17

Total 1356

veggiegirl123 05-22-2012 07:56 AM

Good morning!

B-sf shake 200
L-egg wrap: (1 burrito sized soft tortilla shell (need to find ones that have less calories then what I'm using now!), 2 eggs scrambled with dash of Lawry's season salt, 2 hash brown patties, 2 slices American cheese) 616
S-sf bar 200

snack 1 pretzels and french onion dip 140
snack 2 1 slice of homemade banana blueberry bread from grandma, with icbnb spray ?
snack 3 I wanted to play around with the sf powder so I made a smoothie with it-high in calories for a snack, but I think I'll go this route for my sf meals, since the powder/milk way to make it is super sweet and I don't like it. 1 scoop sf, 1 cup plain lf yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen peaches, 2 large frozen strawberries, 1 cup water. 240

Calorie goal for today: 1,400
Actual calories consumed: 1,386 plus ? for banana bread (riding my bike for a couple miles so this will help offset any overage)

~Aiming for 6 glasses of water today~ 6/6

summerlove 05-22-2012 11:26 AM

gah didnt track for two days. ugh!!! I need to STAY ACCOUNTABLE!!!

b: special K bar: 90

l: iced coffee: 100, bacon melt: 350

S: peanut butter on rice cake: 170

d: pizza: 650

orange juice: 100

veggiegirl123 05-23-2012 06:32 AM

I weighed myself and I'm down 3lbs since I started on Monday :carrot: I know the first week is not normal and the weight loss will slow down in a few days, but it was lovely to see movement on my scale already :D

b-sf shake 200
l-egg wrap (whole grain tortilla shell, 1 whole egg and two egg whites scrambled, 2 hashbrown patties, 2 slices American cheese, diced green onion, hot sauce) 470
baked bbq chips 120
s-sf bar 200

snack 1 kashi cherry dark chocolate granola bar 120
snack 2 x
snack 3 baby carrots and light ranch dressing 100
baked bbq chips 120

calorie intake goal for today-1,400
actual calories consumed today-1,310

water intake goal 5/7 glasses
exercise goal-walk 1 1/2 miles with a few minutes of sprinting Done

Northernrose 05-23-2012 07:45 AM

Yesterday was not a great day.

8.30: Shake & banana (300)
12.30: Oat biscuit and Mini Babybel light (100)
2.15: Hard-boiled egg, meatballs, carrot salad, Mini Milk ice-lolly (300)
5.30: 1/2 tin of tuna and 1/2 tin of beans (200)
7.00: Quiche, new potatoes, salad, two glasses of wine (800)
10:00: Fab ice-lolly, oat biscuit, Mini Babybel light (200)
11.00: Mini Milk ice-lolly & potatoes (100)

Calories: 2,000
Exercise: 36 mins cycling

My aim is 1,800 calories! I usually eat dinner at 9 to stop myself snacking in the evening (as I have done here - so awful to look at written down), but I had dinner with friends so couldn't eat later. Any tips on how to cope with that?

summerlove 05-23-2012 09:22 AM

b: peanut butter on toast: 260

apple: 110
granola bar: 90

iced coffee: 80
3 cookies: 170

avacado, egg, cheese: 265

chocolate cheerios (these are seriously amazing): 275
strawberries: 60

total: 1310

veggiegirl123 05-23-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northernrose (Post 4343601)
Yesterday was not a great day.

8.30: Shake & banana (300)
12.30: Oat biscuit and Mini Babybel light (100)
2.15: Hard-boiled egg, meatballs, carrot salad, Mini Milk ice-lolly (300)
5.30: 1/2 tin of tuna and 1/2 tin of beans (200)
7.00: Quiche, new potatoes, salad, two glasses of wine (800)
10:00: Fab ice-lolly, oat biscuit, Mini Babybel light (200)
11.00: Mini Milk ice-lolly & potatoes (100)

Calories: 2,000
Exercise: 36 mins cycling

My aim is 1,800 calories! I usually eat dinner at 9 to stop myself snacking in the evening (as I have done here - so awful to look at written down), but I had dinner with friends so couldn't eat later. Any tips on how to cope with that?

Do you go out to dinner with friends regularly? If not then I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it's something you do on a regular basis though, then maybe look at the restaurants website before you go and pre-pick out what you're going to eat ahead of time. Another option would be to cut out one of your snacks on the day that you're going out and roll those allotted calories to your meal.

Northernrose 05-23-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veggiegirl123 (Post 4343784)
Do you go out to dinner with friends regularly? If not then I wouldn't worry about it too much. If it's something you do on a regular basis though, then maybe look at the restaurants website before you go and pre-pick out what you're going to eat ahead of time. Another option would be to cut out one of your snacks on the day that you're going out and roll those allotted calories to your meal.

No, not often - I was actually being cooked for and kept having food / wine kind of forced on me. It's very hard to say no without seeming rude in that context (easier in a restaurant, where you won't be offending anybody). I also find that some women seem to get a bit funny when they notice you're dieting (if you know what I mean!) So, yes, I shouldn't worry about it! I came in at 1,700 the day before and will come in at about that today, I think, so should even out. Thanks!