Daily Calorie Counting Accountability (#5!)

You're on Page 3 of 33
Go to
  • I had a minor outpatient surgical procedure today, so I couldn't eat until 6:00 tonight! I was starving by that time, but due to the anesthesia I was a little nauseated. I still managed to eat some spinach dip and a slice of pizza, for a total of 614 calories for the day. That will do wonders for my calorie deficit, haha. =P
  • I think I've had less than 1000 calories today. I'm having kind of a rough time and as my mood goes down, so does my calorie intake I guess.
  • nadya and rlb, I hope you are able to eat a healthy amount soon! Eating too little is as bad as eating too much, if it goes on very long!

I've started the week strong. Here are my calorie deficits:
    Monday: 523
    Tuesday: 760

I'm going for 500 a day -- that should equal a pound a week. Ten weeks ought to do it!
  • b: oatmeal, egg: 230

unplanned: slice of banana loaf: 200

snack: peanut butter with crackers (160), strawberries (60)

lunch: salad with cheese and chicken (260)

(910 calories so far today)

flatbread with spinach: 300
    cadbury chocolate: 150

total: 1360
  • So yesterday ended up at more like 1700 cals . . was hungry just all day. I hate that, ended up eating about 200 cals worth of pretzels last night.

Today I did 3.1 miles on the tm in 39 minutes (mostly running, just some walking). The BPM helps me a lot, especially in the beginning . . . keeps me on track.

Was starving by 7:30am this morning but didn't bother eating because I've been doing that and am just as hungry by 9:00am. I feel like a bottomless pit lately.

-----------

9:30am, b: coffee, omelet w/cheese and veggies, 1 small piece of homemade scone - 525
    (That b-fast held me perfectly till my lunch at 1:30pm. Hmmm . . . )
    1:30pm, l: lc spinach/mushroom pizza - 340
    5:30pm, d: (planned) meatloaf, 1/2 sweet potato, asparagus - 500

Planned total: 1400

eta: ice cream, 150

Total: 1550
  • 3/21

Calories 1,155.85, Carb 207.34, Fat 17.61, Prot. 78.36

4 Egg Whites, cooked in 6" pan with Pam
    7.70 oz. Chicken Breast, poached
    1 oz. Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
    6 oz. Carrots, steamed
    2 Bananas
    3 Oranges
    48 Grapes, Thomson
    1 Walnut, 36 calories
    1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Seeds, shell on, 40 calories
    11 Pistachio nuts, 37.40 calories
    1 Pot of Spearmint Tea with Splenda

This is another experimental day for me. I’m getting all of my carbohydrates from fruits and vegetables today. The egg whites, cheese and chicken have 0 carbs. I’ll see how I feel by the end of the day. I have been sticking to my eating plan and have lost 1.40 pounds since my last weigh in.

As for the nuts, I put them all in one little dish and eat them in-between the 3 meals to pass the time. I see how long I can savor a single pumpkin seed my longest time is 30 minutes. It's like chewing gum it gives your mouth something to do besides eating, it works for me.

Have a Good Day to All and Stay Focused and in Control,

Jen

UPDATE: 3/22/12

One of my better days.
  • The scale may actually be moving down.

I srsly don't want to jinx it so mums the word.

-------------
    b: kashi crunch, 2% milk, strawberries - 350
  • Quote: The scale may actually be moving down.

I srsly don't want to jinx it so mums the word.
    That's what I'm thinking too

b: oatmeal: 160
    snack: strawberries: 60
    lunch: salad with chicken/bacon/cheese/baby potatoes: 420 (so yummy!!)
    d: bagel, noodles with pork dumplings (yes, i was craving carbs): 760

chocolate cupcake: 170

total: 1570. done for today.
  • If you're reading this & hungry & doing low carb, you may want to stop right HERE!
    I'm going to put the times that I ate, just to give you all an example of how friggin munchy I am, ESPECIALLY @ work!

Tuesday's Damage Report (Work Night 7p-7a)
    I did a 16 hr fast.
    1am: Crockpot Chicken & Broccoli, Grapes: 167
    5pm/1700: Chicken Wrap, PB2 Greek Yogurt w/Granola, Strawberry Cottage Cheese: 715
    7pm-Midnight: Van-O Lunch Cookies Vanilla Creme, 1 -pack, PB, Ice Cream, Yogurt w/Granola: 594
    Total: 1476

Walking + 1.6 mi Run: 491
    Water: 56oz

Wednesday's Damage Report
    Midnight-5am: 3 white chocolate/strawberry cookies, Crockpot Chicken & Broccoli (3 servings),
    Coffee, Grahams (3), Cereal & Milk: 908
    7am-8am: Chick Fil A Chicken on a Bagel, Oatmeal w/Almonds, Granola, Cinnamon & Sugar: 620
    930pm/2130: 4 Strawberry GU chomps: 90
    1030pm/2230: Protein Shake: 115
    Total: 1733

+ walking: 641 (I lifted last night, increasing the weights as a "reward" for almost dedicating a yr to my fitness goals for a total of 80 min and 440 cals)
    Water: 56oz

Today's Plan
    DRINK MORE WATER

Scale has been down all week. I am currently back to 143.6, down about 5 lbs of water from last week!! I'll take it
  • RIB: I hope you feel better soon!!!
  • Yesterday was a great day I loved all the fruit and I made it through with flying colors.

2/22/12

Calories 1,348.36, Carb 165.33, Fat 49.70, Prot. 73.59

1/4 c. Pasteurized Egg White Powder
    1 tbsp. Vanilla Pudding, sugar free, 25 calories
    ¾ c. Blueberries, frozen
    3 Oranges
    1 oz. Mozzarella Cheese
    (2 pieces) 5.20 oz. ea. Pizza, DIGIORNO brand frozen
    1/4 c. Onion
    3.5 oz. Cabbage, green
    26.95 grams Pecans, chopped, 40 calories
    1 Tbsp. Pumpkin Seeds
    11 Pistachio nuts

I'll make a protein shake out of 2 cups of water and the egg white powder, blueberries and vanilla pudding. I’ll have an orange every meal and nuts in-between meals.

I'll put the cheese on the pizza slices and I’ll have one for lunch and one for dinner. I’ll cook the onion in a little water with spices and add in the cabbage and sautéed until al dente and have half for lunch and half for dinner.

The Pizza was 370 calories per slice I had 2 slices so, sacrifices had to be made. I hope I make it I'm trying to wait and have a late breakfast hoping that might work if I eat lunch and breakfast close together.
  • Calorie totals up, way up. -_-

Yesterday I ate about 1681 and today I'm at about 1300. I'm not counting properly so I'm not even sure about those figures but I know I'm eating terribly. New start tomorrow, gotta get it right!

I feel horribly bloated today though, my period is thisclose to starting and it's killing me. >.<
  • b: homemade egg mcmuffin with tea: 280

planned snack and lunch:

100 calorie popcorn, 1 grilled chicken breast with spinach and edamame: 320

d: bagel (240), cereal (200), chocolate cupcake (170), flatbread (290) (omfg I cannot stop this carb binge after work!!)

total: 1500. Went a bit more over than I'd like, but I'll take it
  • TOM showed up. I'm just not gonna win this month am I? <sigh>

b: 425

Don't feel like logging it all. Total for the day is about 1500 and I hope I'm done eating. Fatigue is crawling around me; wish it was 10pm I'd just go to bed.

Have a good weekend all!
  • 3/23

Calories 1,206.70
    Carb. 239.56g
    Fat 15.02g
    Prot. 72.75g