3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Daily Calorie Counting Accountability (#5!) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/255014-daily-calorie-counting-accountability-5-a.html)

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-26-2012 10:52 AM

DottieMae- Thanks for asking your question! I have been struggling with it since I went on vacation last week. I keep getting SO hungry in the middle of the day and way over eating as a result. Your question helped me too!
Librarygirl- I will definietly try your advice to DottieMae also. When I started counting calories in the first of April I didn't have too much trouble with mid day hunger. Now since restarting after vacation it has been a beast of a struggle. I'll try your advice.

So I had to delete my happy carrot cause I messed up again yesterday. I am having such a tough time getting the first few OP days under my belt.

This is how I work best. I need to have a solid week, or at least 5 days of eating VERY healthy and staying absolutely in my calorie goal. If I mess up too soon I dont ever get good days under the belt. I do not expect to eat in calories and very healthy everyday of my life. Mess up days happen, but if I cant get a good strng under my belt before the bad days pop up I never get going with weightloss.

I am getting my seven days on plan and it is starting today! (sorry I felt I needed a pep talk).

I've thought alot and I've decided to modify my calorie goals for now. I would love to see 2 lbs a week weightloss, but I haven't been too good at sticking to the lowwer calorie goals. Instead I put in my fitnesspal that I want to lose 1 lb a week. It said my estimated calories should be 1700. SO my goal is to net 1700 or better. I don't want to be eating back all of my excercise calories, in fact I would prefer I dont eat back any. But I figure netting 1700 is better than trying to be strict and being discouraged if I dont get there. So here is my lax plan and I will reevaluate in two weeks.

Sorry for yet another long post!!!!

summerlove 04-26-2012 11:09 AM

binged.

Aldergrove BC 04-26-2012 12:09 PM

Breaky = 149 Cals
2 X Coffe each w/ 1 cream & Splenda
Banana
PC Fat Free Yogurt

Snack =

Lunch =

Dinner =

CIELOARGE 04-26-2012 01:11 PM

Hi there!! I am back...
The past week I've been MIA mostly out of shame :o TOM was here and there were a really nice days so I was mostly hanging out with friends and family and eating lots of picnic/bbq foods... not so good...

I started INSANITY on Monday and I am sooo sore! So I figure I better eat good other wise all this soreness will be for nothing! You can't out exercise a bad diet!

Yesterday was good and today I feel awesome!

Breakfast: Regular Oatmeal made with Almond Milk and some cinnamom: 123
Lunch: Apple (busy day yesterday), TBSP of Brown Rice: 130
Snacks: Organic Z Bar chocolate chip, Orange, High Protein Bar: 411
Dinner: Coleslaw salad with tuna and tomatos: 515 (225 of those calories came from the dressing!!!! :devil: )

Total for the day: 1179.

-------------------------------------------
wannaBfitnessbuff, I totally understand were you are coming from. To me, high protein meals keep me fuller. Whole grains are awesome but for some reason they don't really help me that much.

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-26-2012 01:36 PM

Cieloarge- Thanks for the advice! Kinda makes sense that protien could be even more beneficial. I'm semi veggie (I eat fish, dairy, and egg but no other animal protiens). And dairy (though I love it) does bother my sinuses and cause congestion, except for yogurt, I dont know why but I can eat yogurt and not get all stuffy in the nose, but cheese and milk I always do. But many days I dont eat any meat. I will try to pay more attention to my protien intake this week. Maybe incorporate eggs everyday or steal my husband protien powder.

Will keep ya all posted on how I figure out how to get past this hungry beast stage!!!

loose seal 04-27-2012 12:19 PM

Hi guys, I'm back. I had a bad bout of vertigo since Tues morning plus a kid that separated their AC joint (in the shoulder, minor, time and a sling will heal it but it needed x-rays) so I"ve been mia for a few. Stayed pretty well OP though coming in around 1500 each day. The scale is still at 155 (TOM showed up too . . . what a week!) so no complaints.

Hi newbies, welcome!

Cie -- oh how is Insanity? I watch that infomercial a lot and wish the program wasn't so expensive. Does it just use body weight or does it incorporate other things (stability balls, bands, weights, etc)? The people always look liked they've had a killer workout.

summerlove - :( Sometimes that happens. Best thing to do is to get back OP the best you can the very next meal. Take the control back from the food. Good luck!

DottieMae - yup, combining protein and good carbs will stave off the hungries. Greek yogurt is higher in protein than regular yogurt (I like Chobani brand) and has about 140 cals or so. I often add in some sliced strawberries and just a bit of sugar (it's a bit on the tart side for me). Yum!

wannaB - here's a link that will give you an idea of how many cals to shoot for each day in a zig-zag fashion. Just plug in your numbers and there's a link under the extreme fat loss box that will give you the zig-zag numbers. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/cal...alculator.htm#

--------------
b: coffee, kashi cereal, milk - 350
l: l.c. spinach/mushroom pizza w/extra mushrooms and cheese - 450

the rest of my day was not nearly as good as planned. in fact it was binge-y. merrrrrr . . . . . . . . .

wannaBfitnessbuff 04-27-2012 04:35 PM

looseseal- Sorry about the injury! That's awful, hope your kid feels better soon. Thanks for the link. That's very helpful. I think that zig zagging could be a beneficial method for me. You can manipulate it for the "occasion" days. Dinner out etc, or just those days I cant seem to stop the hungry!

CIELOARGE 04-27-2012 04:37 PM

Weigh in... Not good... 154 lol. At least it's not 155 like last time. Better get my booty moving and my diet straight!

Yesterday was another good day: 1492, right under my new 1500 goal :carrot:

Loose Seal: Insanity is AWESOME!!! Makes you sweat and hurt and scream haha... it's great! I actually look forward to do it! It's only using your body weight, so no need for extra exercise tools.

Today it's my day 5, so I still have 55 days to go :dizzy: I guess I can do this week another 7 times!

I never really finish anything, my "apple detox" was the first thing that I actually finish, so I am sticking to Insanity just to finish it... it's great.

CIELOARGE 04-28-2012 04:54 PM

Yesterday was somewhat "good" I ate 1750 calories BUT I went to a restaurant, so I am pretty proud of myself :) I even had a glass of wine, and all is accounted for in "my fitness pal" :carrot::carrot:

Today I've been cooking all morning some healthy and yummy recepies for me and my hubby. Diveded the portions and they are all ready in my fridge! It should be good for 2-3 days. Will see how it works.

loose seal 04-30-2012 01:28 PM

b: coffee, mushroom/bit of cheese omelet, 1 piece PF raisin toast - 400
l: l.c. mushroom pizza w/some added mushrooms and cheese - 400
d: (planned) - chicken, leftover zucchini, spuds or pasta or something - 500

Total: 1300

Let's hope I can stick it to 1300 cause I sure didn't over the weekend. Grrrrr . . . . . .

eta: snack yesterday afternoon was a greek yogurt and some goldfish - 250 and dinner ended up being leftover pork and zucchini and half of a homemade waffle w/a bit of butter syrup. Total cals was 1500 or so. Not too bad, resisted nomming which is always a good thing.

DottieMae 04-30-2012 02:00 PM

I was so good over the weekend I indulged this morning in a bagel. Well, except for 2 bites of strawberry ice cream from my son's bowl. Proud I only took 2 bites though! :)

Breakfast: Trader Joe's Everything Bagel with Earth Balance (300)
Snack: Banana (105)
Lunch: Amy's Brown Rice & Tofu Bowl + 1/2 apple (340)
Snack: Egg Salad + Crackers (200)
Dinner: Tofu & Veggie Stir Fry with rice (500)
Total: ~1450

CIELOARGE 04-30-2012 02:49 PM

Weekend was great!

Sat: 1438 Cal
Sun: 1226 Cal.

My hubby grilled Salmon both days and it was soooo good!

Today I am super hungry!!! I will drink plenty of water but I could easily go over my calories right now!!1

loose seal 05-01-2012 12:43 PM

b: coffee, kashi, milk, strawberries - 400
l: leftover pork, mushrooms and pasta - 500
d: grilled chicken thighs, rice, small bowl of ice cream - 600

Total: 1600

Hmmm, too high. I need to stick it closer to 1400. I have been nommy the past few days. Ugh.

CIELOARGE 05-01-2012 04:01 PM

Calories for yesterday: 1558.

A little higher but still good.

crazygurl61 05-01-2012 05:56 PM

I'm new to the forum and following the primal bluepring for this month, but I figured I would join in calorie counting as well for the month of May. My goal is 1488 per day. :-)