3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Any ideas for a low cal night out drinking? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/253649-any-ideas-low-cal-night-out-drinking.html)

weightykatie 02-26-2012 10:36 AM

Any ideas for a low cal night out drinking?

Hi everyone!
This seems to be my one vice, I can do well all week, but as soon as I embark on a night out all is lost! Any ideas for some low cal but tasty cocktails or drinks? And no I can't stomach g&t's!
I figured if I can at least get my pre-drinks low cal, then only have 1 or 2 out (I love jager and red bull but can't find a single bar that sells the low cal energy drinks) then several hours of dancing should just about even me out.
Any ideas?
x

valalltogether 02-26-2012 11:30 AM

have you ever tried flavored vodka and club soda? it's light, sorta refreshing and tasty (i think). per 1 oz is about 60-70 calories and club soda should be zilch. i'm not into diet soda, but rum & diet is popular. or you could do citrus vodka & diet.

wine isn't so bad so long as you don't drink the whole bottle. same with champagne.

basically just shy away from juices, sour mix, cream and complicated drinks with many ingredients. simpler is better.

seagirl 02-26-2012 11:39 AM

I have Absolut Mandarin in soda water with a splash of cranberry and a lime. So yummy and hydrating since they serve it in a pint glass at the place I go to. It's a mouthful to order but it's wonderful.

Vex 02-26-2012 12:00 PM

re:

I don't know if you like beer, but there's a couple of "ultra" beers that are 100 calories a bottle. Those are easy to count then.. until you've had 6.

weightykatie 02-27-2012 03:34 PM

chanced upon absolut mandrin at the local booze store last night so I gave it a go with some soda - think its a new fave! Thanks everyone!

lovemydoggiesx2 02-27-2012 04:28 PM

Black vodka with diet 7-up or gin with tonic light and extra lemon....yummy..those are my current favīs

berryblondeboys 02-27-2012 04:31 PM

I just stick to diet soda when I go out. I'm not against drinking, but A. I don't like spending the $ on alcohol in the first place. B. if I'm concerned about calories, then why would I drink alcohol?

summerlove 02-27-2012 05:52 PM

I go for a whiskey & diet coke when I'm calorie counting.

theox 02-27-2012 06:23 PM

Could you just have regular drinks, but drink fewer of them by alternating alcoholic drinks with water or Diet Coke?

canadianwoman 02-28-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weightykatie (Post 4230783)
Hi everyone!
This seems to be my one vice, I can do well all week, but as soon as I embark on a night out all is lost! Any ideas for some low cal but tasty cocktails or drinks? And no I can't stomach g&t's!
I figured if I can at least get my pre-drinks low cal, then only have 1 or 2 out (I love jager and red bull but can't find a single bar that sells the low cal energy drinks) then several hours of dancing should just about even me out.
Any ideas?
x

4 ounces of champagne is 90 calories. I hope you and William have a good time dancing. ;)

weightykatie 02-28-2012 05:39 AM

Well, any excuse to drink champagne! (;

GatorDeb 02-28-2012 06:06 AM

Vodka and diet coke.