3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   MYFITNESSPAL: anyone want to be "friends"? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/244588-myfitnesspal-anyone-want-friends.html)

sotypical 03-24-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieAlyse (Post 4264796)
Question!!! What is the whole "Net" thing on there? Its at the end of all the calorie numbers...

It's how many calories you ate after calories you burned. If that makes sense.

Say you eat 1500 calories
You burn 300 calories doing exercise
You net (or total calories) is 1200

Eaten calories - exercise/burned calories = net calories.

KatieAlyse 03-25-2012 11:35 AM

Ahh, okay. That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. So do I really need to pay attention to that number? I've just been paying attention to how many calories I eat because I don't like to eat my exercise calories.

cjknzi 03-25-2012 12:04 PM

I'm new to all this and was wondering what MFP meant? My cousin requested this website for me so I could find inspiration and motivation to help me stick to my exercises.

KatieAlyse 03-25-2012 12:07 PM

It's my fitness pal. It's an app or you can go to the website. It helps you track your calories and other things too! Check it out and if you get one add me! katie_bosley

cjknzi 03-25-2012 12:37 PM

Ah. Thanks. I use livestrong.com to track my weight loss and my fatsecret.com. I don't have any friends on there that I actually talk to. I don't have an account with my fitness pal.

KatieAlyse 03-25-2012 12:41 PM

It's easy and free to get an account with mfp if you want to! Plus you'll have some friends on there too that you can add from here! But if you're happy with the sites you're using then stick to those! Either way, good luck and keep on losing!

cjknzi 03-25-2012 12:45 PM

I think I'll try it too. :)

sotypical 03-26-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieAlyse (Post 4266682)
Ahh, okay. That's what I was thinking but wasn't sure. So do I really need to pay attention to that number? I've just been paying attention to how many calories I eat because I don't like to eat my exercise calories.

I don't think it matters what number you go by as long as its working for you. :)

KatieAlyse 03-26-2012 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sotypical (Post 4268240)
I don't think it matters what number you go by as long as its working for you. :)

Well so far nothing is working lol. I've been sticking to my diet like glue and working out and nada...somethings got to give. It is TOM so maybe that's it...lets hope! :dizzy:

Michelle Grey 03-27-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieAlyse (Post 4268751)
Well so far nothing is working lol. I've been sticking to my diet like glue and working out and nada...somethings got to give. It is TOM so maybe that's it...lets hope! :dizzy:

Katie, I'm having the same frustrations. I am working out so much, counting every calorie ( even gum)-- and my weight just fluctuates up and down a pound every day! So dishearten and don't know what I'm doing wrong? Anyone got advise for me?

taramade 03-28-2012 10:42 AM

my name on MFP is taramade. Been out of the "dieting & exercising" loop for a while now. Trying to get back on track!

sotypical 03-28-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Grey (Post 4269868)
Katie, I'm having the same frustrations. I am working out so much, counting every calorie ( even gum)-- and my weight just fluctuates up and down a pound every day! So dishearten and don't know what I'm doing wrong? Anyone got advise for me?

My advice is too just stick to it. Keep going and try not to be discouraged (hard I know).

Make sure you are eating enough - sometimes eating too little can slow things down - sounds silly I know. But it happened to me the first time I lost my weight back in 2006. It also took 5 weeks before I lost any weight.

Michelle Grey 03-28-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sotypical (Post 4271332)
My advice is too just stick to it. Keep going and try not to be discouraged (hard I know).

Make sure you are eating enough - sometimes eating too little can slow things down - sounds silly I know. But it happened to me the first time I lost my weight back in 2006. It also took 5 weeks before I lost any weight.

5 weeks? Geesh-- that is hard for someone like me-- instant gratification, please:carrot:

It's also hard for me to wrap my head around not eating enough. I grew up on the premise of "calories in vs calories spent".
I am exercising every day so I think you must be right. I do sometimes 'skip' lunch M-W-& F when I am at the gym... Not good, I know.
I did however, prepare some deviled eggs ( with mustard) and I make protein shakes for replacement lunches. Oh well, I will work on my attitude:?:
Lol!
Staying positive throughout this journey is pivotal lest we fail altogether:D
Thanks so much for the support-- it means a lot!!

Michelle Grey 03-30-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michelle Grey (Post 4271470)
5 weeks? Geesh-- that is hard for someone like me-- instant gratification, please:carrot:

It's also hard for me to wrap my head around not eating enough. I grew up on the premise of "calories in vs calories spent".
I am exercising every day so I think you must be right. I do sometimes 'skip' lunch M-W-& F when I am at the gym... Not good, I know.
I did however, prepare some deviled eggs ( with mustard) and I make protein shakes for replacement lunches. Oh well, I will work on my attitude:?:
Lol!
Staying positive throughout this journey is pivotal lest we fail altogether:D
Thanks so much for the support-- it means a lot!!

Seriously, I have been eating light however, lots of fruit. I do not eat any simple carbs or anything processed and haven't eaten fast food in a long while. When I have eaten out, I always order salad or just light soup.
So.. My food intake is healthy. I am excercising everyday. Somedays just an hour walking the dog, but add some weights and ab work on those days. I simply cannot get those lbs to move fast enough??
:?:

Michelle Grey 03-30-2012 07:16 AM

I tried to delete and repost but can't on iPad. Anyway, I have to be in a wedding in October. I think I have enough time to lose the weight to my goal. How can I be successful eating more? Thank you all for your support in advance:hug: