Old 01-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/180/144

Height: 5'6

Default Anxiety/Depression Jan/Feb Help

So here I am, trying to get at it again! I am having some major anxiety right now! It is the time of year. Nothing really to look forward to and trying to change my ways only adds to my irratabilility! I almost get upset over the fact that I can't plan on going out to eat, when there is nothing better to do. I know that I need to go to the gym again, but it is hard to get back in it! Let me add, I am a stay at home mother, and went crazy yesterday from being trapped in the house all day. I snapped at myt hubby and went and had some margaritas and ATE!!! The only good thing I have to say about it is that I woke up back at it again, I'm not gonna let one night of poor judgement determine what happens today. Weird, I usually would just say, screw it, I will start next week. Not this time!!! My binge, really wasn't worth it. Only made me feel worse, but also, more determined. I just hate the way I feel when I start a diet, just really annoyed!! Thanks for any advice you guys can give me. Sarah
Shmoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/130/125

Height: 5' 7"

You need a project that you can get excited about. I don't know if this is the solution for you, but I'm currently all gung-ho about my Fitbit. Every day I write down the numbers, and try to top yesterday's numbers. It's like a game I'm playing with myself, to get more steps in. (The numbers I'm looking at are steps, calorie burn, calories logged -- things like that).

I'm also feeling a bit trapped right now -- my kids are grown, but I'm under pressure to finish my Masters Thesis. I feel like I have to strap myself to the chair, and can't allow myself to go out until it's done. (Silly --- even when I'm not working on it, I feel like I *should* work on it, and shouldn't leave the apartment).

So it's helped a lot to have something active I can do to distract myself and make me feel good when I'm not writing and trying to concentrate! Otherwise, I'd do it with food. This gives me an incentive to do the opposite -- I can eat food, of course, but I want to keep the calories burned higher than the calories eaten (but not over 1,000, because then I'd feel weak).

I just love this little gadget. It's the best $100 I ever spent. I've lost the 30 lbs I've been struggling to lose for 25 years.

Everyone's solution is different, so I hope you find what works for you. I stayed home with my kids, too, and I remember how cooped up I felt sometimes.
Queen Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote