Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 160/160/130

Height: 5'4

8/13
B: Multi-grain flake cereal, blueberries, 1/2 banana, milk [294]
L: German rye turkey sandwich, spaghetti squash, plum [322]
S: coffee w/ cream 1/2 ricecake w/ almond butter [145]
D: baked potato w/ lite sour cream & scallion, HB egg w/ salsa,salad w/ yogurt ranch [285]
S: 1/2 rice cake w/ almond butter [110]
S: orange, grapes, yogurt [185]

Total [1341]

Last edited by Anastasiya24; 08-13-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #212  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Hey everyone. I've decided to stop frequenting this thread every day as I made myself a blog to do my food journaling/etc at. Thank you, and I wish you all the best of luck!
Old 08-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #213  

Height: 5'10.5"

See you on other threads Urthwurm!
Good luck on your path!

Today feels odd. I let myself go over calorie today. I made a decision to cheat. And now I feel a little bad, a little aprehensive, but I think I'm going to be ok. I don't want to slip back into old ways!!!! I ate about 2300 cals today starting with a big ole' diner american breakfast and ate tons of nut butters today. So we'll see what happens with the scale. I'm thinking of calorie cycling, but not going as high as I went today. And I'm on a 13 hour road trip tomorrow so hopefully I won't give into temptation from pure BOREDOM!

So to remain accountable here's my journal;
B: 1/2c plain yogurt, 1c strawberries, rye toast x2, 1 tbsp butter, red skin potatoes, pepper and cheese omelete. (903)
L: 5 laughing cow cheese, two large apples, 2tbsp peanut butter, 2tbsp almond butter, dark chocolate lover's chocolate 1/2 serving
D: baked potato, boiled cabbage, carrots, vegetarian chili (about 1400 together)

holy moley it looks like a lot! It is a lot. Oh well. I am willing and able to try again tomorrow. Good night, good luck tomorrow everyone, we can do it!
Old 08-13-2011, 11:28 PM   #214  
Excavation in Progress

S/C/G: 215/*ticker*/135

Height: 5' nothing

B: Coffee
L: Water
D: Tortilla= 240
Rice= 106
Tofu = 100
Salsa = 5
Sour cream = 120

Total: 571 (I need more, but I don't want more. sigh)

E: 1.5 hr belly dancing class

Down another pound!

Last edited by archychick; 08-13-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 182/158/105

Height: 4ft 11"

I have been calorie counting since 1st August. I have yet to lose any weight. I am hoping to be more accountable by posting my daily calories on here. So firstly here are the calories day by day since 1st August:

1st Aug - 1440
2nd Aug - 1214
3rd Aug - 698
4th Aug - 1315
5th Aug - 1344
6th Aug - 738
7th Aug - 901

8th Aug - 1279
9th Aug - 1205
10th Aug - 920
11th Aug - 1090
12th Aug - 2183
13th Aug - 723

Will post full menu and calories each day from tonight.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 182/158/105

Height: 4ft 11"

14th Aug

B - None
L - Boiled Eggs and Toast (180)
D - Burger and Waffle Sandich x 2 (568)
S - Moser Roth Dark Chocolate Bar (192)
D - Tea with milk x 2 (50), 3 pints of water (0)

Total - 1174

Hmm, within my kcal limit today but not looking too healthy :-(

Food shopping is easier for me during the week as I go to the supermarket on the way home from work.

Havent done any exercise since I started calorie counting and there are mixed reviews about whether to exercise when you first cut calories. I am going to start this next week and see how it goes.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:11 PM   #217  

So the weekend was so-so. Had a house party on friday. I did have on friday anyway the following:

2 x porridge with only water-200 cals
3 x protein shakes with water-300 cals

Then when it came to drinking i had around 8 or so vodka and diet drinks. I actually kept a measurer and i was 100 calories under so i had 100 calories of chocolate at the end of the night.

Then when we came back i had some tea with sweetener.
I also went to the gym that day and danced all night
Total 1000

Saturday:
3 x 100 calorie ripple bars
300 calories cereal
115 calories popcorn
Porridge with milk-100
Then had a little bit of porridge with milk and sugar
2 x pieces of chewing gum
Exercise was 40 mins walking
Picked at an entire multi pack bag of popcorn,>_<
Exercise -45 mins exercise bike

The bad news was i found where my parents were hiding the chocolate so picked at that too!! Aaah

Today(Back on track with a 500 calorie damage control day!)
Porridge with water-100
Protein shake-100
5 x qourn sausages with salt and pepper-300
Picked at chocolate (have to do this to stop binging)
5 x pieces of chewing gum
3 x cups of tea
1 x can of monster
1 x bottle of pepsi max

Exercise:
1 hr cross trainer
2.5 hrs walking
30 mins arm bike

On the bright side i am now 70 kg !! Yay, just 10 more to go and then i am at goal woo .

So the weekend was bad because when it comes to drinking my will power is bad. I have also started seeing a guy who likes to drink. I would stop seeing him if his habits influence me because loosing weight is more important than seeing someone.

So yeah i did mess up a bit on friday and saturday. I think it is hard to admit what i eat because i have trouble eating just what i say i will.

However 2 non scale victories.
1. I have now stuck to 500 calories on a 500 calorie day for the second time
2. Having no milk with my porridge or protein powder. I hate it but it is getting my calories down.

Yet the fact that i am now 70 kg and can see 60kg makes me very happy. I am finding that the key is to be rigid with dieting and really work out a lot. Oh well. I wish everyone luck with their journey next week.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #218  

I'm going to start trying calorie cycling. Tomorrow I'm doing an 1800 calorie day and taking a spin class. Today I ate about 1646. I'll let you know what happens!

B: egg and cheese muffin, 1/4c milk (307)
L: chicken and dunmplings, almonds, ketchup, 1/2 biscuit, a couple steak fries (639)
D: (dad's birthday and kept the dessert to a minimum!) chocolate angel food cake, brown rice, vanilla ice cream, blueberries, edamame salad, beans and kale, olive oil, cream (700)

total: 1646

See you all tomorrow, good luck on sticking with it tomorrow!!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #219  

I really am trying to eat very little sugar because I am so addicted to the stuff! I am craving it a lot but don't want to give in. I heard it gets easier over time. I really hope that's true.

8/15
B: banana baked oatmeal w/ PB [442]
L: rye chicken sausage sandwich, apple [430]
D: tofu stir-fry, salad w/ avocado & yogurt ranch, spaghetti squash [300]
S: plum, 1 tbs cashew butter [150]
S: orange, yogurt [130]

Total [1452]

Last edited by Anastasiya24; 08-15-2011 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #220  

[QUOTE=Anastasiya24;3991974][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][B]I really am trying to eat very little sugar because I am so addicted to the stuff! I am craving it a lot but don't want to give in. I heard it gets easier over time. I really hope that's true.QUOTE]

Girlfriend stick with it!!! This summer I did a no sugar no flour challenge for thirty days. I'm telling you, you have never seen anybody who ate so much sugar. If you look through my past few posts though, you'll see I barely touch the stuff anymore. It does get easier, so easy in fact I can take it or leave it whenever I want, and I have an extremely addictive personality to begin with. The cravings are awful, the emotional withdrawl is awful, and the headaches are awful for that first week (in my experience), but stick with it and you never have to feel that crappy sugar hangover again.

In other news in Sarah land, I am at a plateau. I do eat a lot of calories, but that's sustainable for me. Even after a month I still get hungry a couple times a day and wake up hungry. I run or work out everyday, yesterday I ran four under-ten minute miles back to back. I am hoping I don't have to dip much further down, but if I do, I do. That's life. I'm averaging around 1800 I would say.

So yesterday and later I'll post today:
B: skim milk 1/4c, oikos plain yogurt 12 oz, .7c blueberries, 1/2c meusli (456 cals)
L: 1/2 grated parmesan, 3 cups chopped brocolli, slow bake beans with kale (640)
Snack: 2 creams, 1/4 almonds, 1 pluot (234)
D: vege chili with sweet potato, wilted greens with balsalmic vinegar, creamy peanut butter, large green apple (598 cals)

total: 1928 cals

Running: four miles 6 mph

(I know, it's a lot. But I'm only aiming to lose 1/2 pound a week.)

Anyone have any plateau suggestions?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #221  

purdumse: Wow on going so long with out sugar! Its very inspirational. I definitely have a hardcore sugar addiction. I would bake cupcakes when I craving sugar but problem is I would eat all 12 cupcakes loaded with icing in one sitting. I would tell myself today I am going to avoid sugar today and eat healthy to lose weight... but I binge so badly most of the time which makes it much worse. I am glad you did it. I really am having a difficult time. Today was day 2 out of 21 ( 21 is supposedly the amount of days it takes to break a bad habit/ addiction) and It was really hard. I feel depressed over not having sugar. I miss the instant high I get from it even though I know its only temporarily. But I really need to do this. Thanks for your story its all that is pulling me through this, knowing that it will get better if I stick with it. I just need to keep reminding myself that it will get better over time and get through the withdrawl. From experience day 3 is my worst day to get through which is tomorrow. So wish me luck!

Also, I am no expert on plateaus but I once did reach one and I got out by changing a few things. First I upped my water consumption. I made sure I was having 8 cups a day the minimum. Second I changed my exercise routine. I would workout at different times than I am used to and I did completely different exercises that I wasn't accustomed to doing which shocked my body. Lastly I also calorie shifted which did help a lot. I think these may help rid you of the plateau. Plateaus are tough but keep it consistent and you will make it through.

8/16
B: multi-grain flakes, blueberries, milk, grapes [380]
L: rye turkey sandwich w/ avocado & tomato, apple sauce w/ low fat whip cream [388]
D: kidney beans, broccoli, soba noodles, apple [375]
S: 2 tbs almond butter [180]
S: yogurt, banana [160]

Total [1483]

Last edited by Anastasiya24; 08-16-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

Hello all,
I've been having some higher calorie/higher craving days so I decided to post here every day to be accountable. As far as the no-sugar, how are you all doing that? I tried following South Beach for a week to get the unhealthy carbs/sugar out of my eating, and it led to me thinking about carbs/sugar all day long, feeling deprived, and leading to a binge. I'm wondering with my personality if I want the things I "restrict" myself on (that's why CC works- I "can" eat anything). Are you sugar cutters cutting out splenda and other sweetners too? Cutting carbs? Just interested. Thanks!
Here's today's food:
Cinnamon toast crunch w/milk (ate because I was craving ): 300
granola bars x3: 420
oreo 100 cal cookies: 100
small glass of milk: 60
2 mini muffins: 100
egg white omlette w/veggies: 100
biscuit: 150
honey: 50
plums x2: 60
light creamer: 30
So far: 1370
Rest of the night:
egg white omlette w/veggies: 100
oatmeal w/splenda: 100
plums x2: 60
Total: 1630
I had a rough night last night at work so it led to the cereal/granola bar/cookie eating. But I worked it all off today!
**Goal for the rest of the week: 1200-1500 cals
workout today:
-30 mins running
-1+30 biking
-Jillian Michaels NMTZ video
Total burned: 900 cals
Good luck everyone!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #223  

I made it through day 3/21 with low sugar. If I want sugar during the day I am trying to get myself used to natural sugar like fruit instead which has helped a lot with the cravings. Day 7 marks 1/3 of the way complete which is super! I am not exactly trying to have completely no sugar. I just want a very little amount per day. Like today I had a caramel rice cake which is only 50 calories. That was the only sugar for the whole day so its a low sugar diet.

ovwgirl: Hi and welcome! This helps stay OP with this accountability.
I think I have the same problem. When I say no sugar I always become preoccupied with the thoughts of everything sugary I want. I think It does have a lot to do with the mind when you say you can't have it. Which makes it so difficult. CC does work very well since you are allowed a treat if you want as long as you stay in your calorie allowance and you would still lose weight! I actually did that the first time I lost all my weight, I was eating cake, cookies, and even candy at least one piece a day and I lost a great deal of weight. Its all about calories really (Only problem Is I binged after I hit my goal weight and gained all the weight back so here I am now.) I started cutting out sugar because I really tried to have one brownie and it is so hard to stop myself after one. I never was able to yet. So my goal is to make it 21 days with very low sugar and then after that slowly incorporate it back but in moderate portions again. I never did low carb because I find it extremely hard. I just try to not eat too much carbs. I usually always make sure I have a moderate serving of a carb at each meal. Without them its hard to be satisfied at least for me it is that way. About the artificial sweeteners I do not get them. I am sceptical of them and really don't trust them. I read about a lot of studies that do not show good things about them. I used to get them. Mostly splenda but I became seriously addicted to them and that much artificial sweetener consumption is not healthy so I had to stop.

8/17
B: ww pancake w/ PB&J, milk [425]
L: cheese & veggie omelette, banana, caramel rice cake [405]
D: chicken & broccoli stir-fry, brown rice, plum [385]
S: cube Gruyere cheese, coffee w/ cream [126]
S: yogurt w/ blueberries, golden raisins & wheat germ [155]

Total [1496]

Last edited by Anastasiya24; 08-17-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #224  

Thanks for the plateau advice Anastasiya24! Good for you getting through day three! Keep it up! And welcome ovwgirl! To be honest what I had to do to stay away from sugar was as follows;

1. I stopped eating fruit at all for the first week or so. The taste of sweet was what triggered my bingeing episodes, so I got rid of the taste of sweet in my diet. What quelled my cravings personally was plain yogurt and kefir (the taste of sour kind of helped me for some reason) and lots of cheese/potatoes! These foods were usually forbidden for me, but I gave myself permission to eat them (and still do!) as long as I was staying away from the taste of sweet. The potatoes will give you a little more energy with fiber and are much better for you than sugar, and then you can wean off of that too.

2. I probably ate a little more than I'm used to. I was starving!!! I hear something like your horomones have to balance out...something. Without filling up on sugar, my blood sugar felt like it was always low. Constantly. After a while, I got more energy but those first couple weeks even, all I wanted to do was sleep. I felt very very emotionally raw too. Weird.

3. I was finished feeling like crap. I had been trying to give up sugar for years. Years I tell you! I bought self-help books, tried a million diets and nothing worked, because I felt like I was fighting myself constantly. This time around, I did it with my spirit involved. Sometimes you just have to feel like enough is enough to make a drastic change. I'd also keep up to date about info on the internet/youtube videos on why sugar is bad for me to keep myself informed of what a good thing I was doing for my body!

Also, I eat sweets now, every once in a while and fruit too, but I prefer low sugar ones. There's a great book called Potatoes not Prozac that really helped me make up my mind about the sweet stuff.
Take any change at your pace. Don't punish yourself, and it is really really hard so cut yourself some slack. I hear sugar is harder to give up than smoking.

I'll post my calories for the day a little later after supper, and sorry if I preached You can do it, you're stronger than you could ever believe. Good luck for the next couple days!
Old 08-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #225  

purdumse: Thank you! I hope you get out of the plateau very soon!
For me fruit never did that for some weird reason. I always am triggered into a binge by processed sugar. I am fine with the natural kind though. If I didn't have fruit I don't think I would be able to last very long.

8/18
B: oat bran w/ milk, pumpkin yogurt & pistachios, prunes [402]
L: tuna salad w/ spinach & 2 laughing cow wedges on 2 multi-grain rice cakes, apple [410]
D: lentil soup, apple sauce w/ low fat whip cream [312]
S: grapes, cashew butter [145]
S: banana smoothie [220]

Total [1489]

Have a great night everyone!
Closed Thread