3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Eating Out Ideas? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/230559-eating-out-ideas.html)

Munchy 04-15-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NorthernExposure (Post 3806637)
McDonalds: 410
Southwest grilled chicken salad-320
Southwest dressing-100
(for an extra 110 calories, you can even splurge on the crispy chicken and still keep it under 600 cals!)

Great topic...hope to see more ideas!

I got this last night in a pinch but without the chicken (it has 710mg sodium!) and I read that their meats are high in some ingredients that causes a glutamate reaction without listing MSG. For those sodium sensitive folks out there!
The salad was tasty and definitely good if eating on the go!

librarygirl111 04-19-2011 08:41 PM

learning to eat fast food

WOW--it's wonderful to know that even on a diet I can still eat fast food:

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slides...r-350-calories

I am so happy about it too!!!

I thought dieting meant no fast food ever again. lol

beliter 04-19-2011 10:22 PM

Chick-fil-A

I love to get a kids meal with 4 nuggets,small
fruit bowl & diet coke,has only 180 calories.

librarygirl111 04-22-2011 02:48 PM

yummy!

chick-fil-a nuggets are so tasty. I stopped eating them in high school because I thought they were making me fat. I'm so happy to see them back in my possible diet. lol :carrot:

FlipFlop Love 05-24-2011 05:38 PM

Zaxby's has delicious zalads. Their house zalad (without the chicken) and 1 packet of ranch dressing is 575. It comes with 1 slice of texas toast that is 150 calories (already included in the 575.) If you don't eat the toast, you can do 2 packets of dressing for 585. The salad and toast fill me up quickly. It's huge!

boobooyamma 06-07-2011 12:38 AM

Grab a copy of "Eat This Not That"... basic concept is that we're going to eat unhealthy things from time to time... he gives you the best of the unhealthy options. It's more realistic than telling you to gnaw on celery while everyone else is eating fast food. It's a pretty cool book actually.

Fitness Breakout 06-16-2011 10:10 PM

I like Panera, but it can be a tricky spot because it has a lot of seemingly healthy options that are actually really high-calorie like some of the sandwiches. I go for the You Pick Two with the Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad and Chicken Noodle Soup with a whole-grain baguette side. The entire meal is less than 500 calories. That's tough to beat!

lavendar 06-21-2011 11:42 AM

chick fil a has a pretty tasty char-grilled chicken sandwich for 290 calories and 4 grams of fat.

skip the fries and cole slaw...and ask for a side salad with fat free dressing...

matildatwo 06-30-2011 01:22 PM

Cast off your chains.

Chains are part of our problem, we know they offer cheap processed stuff full of fillers/salt/fat/chemicals. We can stop going and become reacquainted with our kitchen, backyard, picnic basket and local whole foods market. Eat like our grandparents did. We'll go much less often to really excellent restaurants with top quality food; food that's worth the wait. Sorry for rant, but it makes me crazy to hear people debate the merits of Wendys vs. McDonalds. Look at us people, look at us. What we are willing to accept as "cheap food" is nasty stuff indeed and we need to find our way out of this.

AnonymouslyYours 06-30-2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitness Breakout (Post 3894870)
I like Panera, but it can be a tricky spot because it has a lot of seemingly healthy options that are actually really high-calorie like some of the sandwiches. I go for the You Pick Two with the Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad and Chicken Noodle Soup with a whole-grain baguette side. The entire meal is less than 500 calories. That's tough to beat!

One things that's AWESOME about Panera (at least the ones near me) is that they have the calories for all of the menu items listed next to them on the menu behind the counter where you order.

Beach Patrol 07-12-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matildatwo (Post 3914778)
Chains are part of our problem, we know they offer cheap processed stuff full of fillers/salt/fat/chemicals. We can stop going and become reacquainted with our kitchen, backyard, picnic basket and local whole foods market. Eat like our grandparents did. We'll go much less often to really excellent restaurants with top quality food; food that's worth the wait. Sorry for rant, but it makes me crazy to hear people debate the merits of Wendys vs. McDonalds. Look at us people, look at us. What we are willing to accept as "cheap food" is nasty stuff indeed and we need to find our way out of this.

Good rant! - however, the title of this thread is "eating out ideas". Sometimes life is too hectic and fast-paced, and occasionally a "Wendy's" here or a "McDonald's" there isn't a bad thing.

That said, I'd like to hit up "BREAKFAST" eating out ideas! - while I normally have my own "turkey/cheese 1/2 sammich" for breakfast (300 calories and that's WITH mayo!!!) sometimes I need to get other ideas for breakfast. Occasionally I will hit up McD's for a sausage biscuit for 430 calories, but I have a feeling there is something "better" out there! Help?? :carrot:

KerriLeah 07-12-2011 10:06 PM

I've read alot about fast food breakfasts and one of the best things at McDonald's is the egg mcmuffin. I'm personally not a fan of this, though I love an english muffin, something about that has always turned me off. The sausage and biscuit is my favorite, too, but I've managed to avoid, avoid, avoid so far.

Aiesline 08-26-2011 09:17 PM

I had Panera for dinner cause I was starved.

I had a you pick two with the strawberry poppyseed chicken salad for 170 and the lemon chicken orzo for 130

no side

dinner came in at 300 calories. Really high on sodium though.

LVBelle 08-29-2011 04:22 PM

Chipotle

I have been eating Chipotle lately. Their burrito bowl is less than 500 calories if you have it without rice and cheese. I get mine with meat, fajita veggies, beans, lettuce and even sour cream. It's incredibly filling and all of it is organic and grown locally. (Or at least as organic as they can get.) I feel like it's even healthier than something I can make at home.

FattyFatFat 10-24-2011 01:21 PM

I also eat at Chipotle a good bit with the same bowl, minus the sour cream. I add bellpeppers to mine though and just a little rice. ;-)