Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 08:04 AM   #91  

S/C/G: goal weight 185

Height: 5'7

Default Intro to me - SandraCougar

Screen Name: SandraCougar

Age/Age Range: 39

Family Life: Married, 2 kids

Occupation: Jack of all trades, master of none! farm wife, bookkeeper, etc.

Hobbies and Interests: getting healthy and feeling great

Favorite Music: 80's of course, Duran Duran!!

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: FIRM DVD's

What are your fitness/health goals? to drop 50lbs and build lots of muscle

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? pictures for our church directory.....

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? not much of a veggie eater

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? keep exercising, eat less and be healthy

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Myself from 16 yrs ago!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a fitted dress that doesn't hide any lumps or bumps under it!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #92  

Screen Name: Goldiloxx

Age/Age Range: 47

Family Life: Female partner, 2 cat sons

Hobbies and Interests: Entertaining, kayaking, cooking, road trips, eating great food!

Favorite Music: eclectic

Favorite Color(s): blues

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: kayaking, bellydancing, biking -- want to learn to be a runner/cycler!

What are your fitness/health goals? Lose 103 pounds, become a runner/cycler, have atletic activitis be a major part of my life!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Been a-tryin this since I was 6, which is 42 years...

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Portion control. That's all the struggle there is...

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Portion control. Giving up when the going gets tough.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Myself and how I look right now.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Little jean shorts and a boyfriend tee-shirt! (omg, I'm 47, for gosh's sake!)
Old 07-02-2010, 01:17 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Screen Name: Bootsie

Age/Age Range: 57

Family Life:Married

Hobbies and Interests: Training stock dogs , animals, love to carve wood

Favorite Music:cowboy church

Favorite Color(s): blue, red pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:dancing

What are your fitness/health goals? be healthy ,loose 35 pounds

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? mirror

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? stress and being hungry

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? stress, exercise, choosing more energy foods in the morning hours

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : ME!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Smaller clothes
Old 07-05-2010, 04:59 PM   #94  

Screen Name:WilyKitt

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: Married for 10 years this August and we have a 7 yo Boy and a 4 yo Daughter

Hobbies and Interests: I love to play games on Pogo when I have the time and offline I like to craft and cross stitch

Favorite Music: I have been told by my loving Husband that I am stuck in the '90's alterna rock, bot I love almost everything popular

Favorite Color(s): Green all the way baby!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love to walk, if I can have a day where the car does not move yet I got all my shopping ect done I am a happy girl!

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be healthy and beable to bend over without it being a chore!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I don't want to be the "large" girl anymore, I want to beable to go places and not think of how fat I am compaired to the others there

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The kids snack cupboard Really it's telling myself I am worth this investment in myself, I have been told I'm fat pretty much my entire life by my parents, even when I was a slim child and I think it has affected me more than I have ever known until the last 3 years since I quit my job working with them. I am gonna work past that!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? My Diet coke addiction, eating when bored not hungry and fast food when I am alone.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My older sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My cute mini Jean skirt my Hubby loves! I bought it 3 years ago when I was 30 lbs lighter, it will be pulled from the back of the closet!
Old 07-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 155/142/122

Height: 5'5"

Talking I'm so excited to be here!

Good afternoon fellow chicks! I'm really excited to have found this site. I can tell that everyone here is extremely supportive and in just a few minutes of browsing I have come across several fantastic ideas and inspiring stories.

I have been a major yo-yo dieter since I was about 18. I was a chubby kid growing up and when I went to college, I decided it was time for that to change. So I basically starved myself, took diet pills, and eventually went from an all-time high of 175 to an all-time low of 119. Since the unhealthy 119, I have yo-yoed up to 145, down to 130, up to 165, down to 140, up to 155, and now I'm at 142lbs. But this time I have absolutley committed myself to REASONABLE, HEALTHY dieting and exercise. Feeling strong and healthy and knowing that I am doing all I can to age gracefully and always be an active woman who takes care of herself and enjoys life is a much more important goal for me than seeing any particular number on the scale.

I can tell that I will be surrounded by amazingly inspiring and supportive people here, and I'm really stoked to meet you all! HUGS!

Screen Name: Mallorita

Age/Age Range: Soon to be 27

Family Life: Married, no kids.

Occupation: I teach English as a Foreign Language to professionals and university and high school students in Quito, Ecuador.

Hobbies and Interests:International politics, human rights and sustainable development, cooking and baking all sorts of things I shouldn't be eating, walking, writing, reading...

Favorite Music:Alternative rock, classic rock, some folk.

Favorite Color(s):Any shade of gREEn!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:I LOVE walking! I walk home from work every day (about 3 miles), and like to go out for walks in the park or short hikes on the weekends. My current exercise routine also includes Jillian Micheals Shape Up videos and Rodney Yee Yoga Now, but I'm starting to get bored with it and want to find something new to change things up a bit.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to feel STRONG, light, upbeat, and full of energy. I want to be able to go hiking and not feel like the dead weight of the group.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Two people in my life were diagnosed with cancer within a short period of time and I decided that life is too short to be wasting being a binging emotional wreck of a couch potato. I decided that I needed to start LIVING.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eating, snacking that turns into binging, and not being able to get back on the wagon after taking a little spill off the edge.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
1) I would really like to become more disciplined about keeping a food/emotion journal. I think it would help me tremendously to see on paper how my emotional and physical well-being are intertwined. I just need to get myself to stop for a few minutes every day to actually scribble down some notes.
2) I need to find some better coping mechanisms to avoid binges and also be able to stop them once I have started.
3) I've gotta start loving myself! I can be a real b**** to myself some times. I'm working on this one, but it's a big challenge for me to recognize and stop those destructive thought patterns.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? :
I want to look as good as a girl I went to college with. She is hot, she is beautiful inside and out, and if she can do it, so can I, damn it!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I keep envisioning the day I can go to the beach and feel comfortable in my swimming suit, SANS cover up or T-shirt or sarong. That will be true liberation!

Last edited by mallorita; 07-08-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:35 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 132/131/118

Height: 5'2"

Talking

Screen Name:LLH2010

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: Living with wonderful husband of 3 years, two cats, and no kids

Favorite Music: Country and rock and hip hop/pop when I run

Favorite Color(s): Red and pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love to do things that don't feel like exercise, tennis, jogging, swimming, and dodge ball are my favorites. But I am starting to like the Couch to 5k program!

What are your fitness/health goals?
I want to run a 5k in 30 minutes and not die!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? The eating part. I've been running lately which ramps up my appetite. And I live in Georgia where fried chicken is an appetizer!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Eating less, but eating better too
My cardiovascular fitness
My strength

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
I just want to prance around in shorts and not think "Do my legs look fat?"

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
Shorts and more bikinis with confidence!
Old 07-10-2010, 06:58 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 157/157/130

Height: 5'4"

Screen Name:Allhaka

Age/Age Range:

Family Life: Married, young adult daughter

Favorite Music:
HUGE music fan! I'm an 80's hair metal girl at heart, but I love all rock....

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:
Right now I am really into my stationary bike.

I'd like to MAINTAIN a healthy weight for my size.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
I start and stop. I have issues sticking with my plans....

Drinking water. I might go the whole day and consume less than 8 ounces of ANY liquid.
Sticking with my WO plan.
Not getting too obsessive.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?

I like this question. I'm not feeling very snarky right now. I guess I'd just like to look good to me.....

Nothing!

I have some other issues playing into my weight that are going to make this journey a little tough. I have an auto-immune disease and I am the QUEEN of giving into that (w/ regards to exercise) when i'm flaring. The truth is I feel SO much better when i'm working out so I really need to knock that off. Over the past year or two, i've gone into full blown menopause (yay for me - I always was an early adopter) AND found out i'm hypothyroid and both are kind of atypical. I don't have a TON of weight to lose, but I seem to really be putting it on now quite easily and I just need to get into some good habits for the future....

I'm tracking my food and workouts mainly on Spark but I don't really love the forums over there, so I will be checking in here a lot for my motivation.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!
Old 07-11-2010, 01:34 PM   #98  
Lets try this again

Height: 5'5

Screen Name: punkrprincessa (old screenname I've always used since high school days )

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life:

Hobbies and Interests: love music, cooking, food, travel, and sunshine.

Favorite Music: anything thats catchy!

Favorite Color(s): none!!!! weird, huh?

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: RUNNING! Hate it, but it works! Loveee Zumba!

What are your fitness/health goals? Weigh 120-125, and be toned and in overall good shape.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Scale reading one day, just made something click. I always wanted to wear cute clothes and look nice and I realized I could never wear the things I wanted while I didnt care about my appearance.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Overeating.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More consitent excercising, more water, and more drive to workout.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : thats a tough one!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini and sit down in it!
Old 07-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #99  
MiaRosesMiMi

S/C/G: 249/249/150

Height: 5'5"

;
Old 07-19-2010, 11:55 AM   #100  
Determined Diva

S/C/G: 321/295/170

Height: 6'2"

Screen Name: LiliK

Age/Age Range: 48 in August

Family Life: Married with a grown stepdaughter and a really spoiled old cocker spaniel.

Hobbies and Interests: Anything medical, music, travel, reading.

Favorite Music: Too much to list. Quicker to say I don't like rap and I don't like listening to opera (although I enjoy it live!).

Favorite Color(s): Depends on my mood; purple is usually good.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking for now. As I lose weight, I'm hoping to include strength/weight training plus yoga.

What are your fitness/health goals? Getting healthy and strong and DROPPING THIS WEIGHT!!!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My husband has had weight loss surgery, and he is looking and feeling great. My turn now, and surgery isn't for me. I want to feel fantastic, and I want to blow his mind.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Planning ahead for appropriate meals and finding time for exercise (busy schedule).

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? 1. Planning and preparing meals ahead of time so I don't cave and grab something quick and bad for me. 2. Incorporating exercise as a fun activity on a daily basis. 3. Eating at home more frequently so I have better control over what I eat.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: LOVE this question, but am keeping the answer secret for now (but I appreciate the motivation, as I'm not sure I would have considered this on my own).

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A bathing suit--I used to swim competitively and lifeguard, and I love the water/beach, but there is no way I'm going out in public in a bathing suit until I drop this weight and get my body back into shape. Also, a pair of fantastic, tight, lean jeans.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #101  

Height: 5' 8"

Screen Name: envelope

Age/Age Range: 37

Family Life: married, 3 kids, 1 dog, 1 bunny

Hobbies and Interests: couponing, hanging out with the family, watching ice hockey.

Favorite Music: Country

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: elyptical

Eat healthy and work out daily

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
When I returned to school to become an elementary education teacher, I decided that when I started teaching I wanted to walk into a classroom at a healthier weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
Eating when stressed.

Eating at night
Eating more vegis
Eating less processed foods

I have a swimsuit in my drawer that I can not wait to wear.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:27 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'10

Default New from Georgia

I can't remember if I introduced myself or not. I created an account, introduced myself to the overall group but I'm not sure if I introduced myself to all of you calorie counters. If I did, well, just ignore this post, and if I didn't then....here I am

Screen Name: GaDragonfly

Age/Age Range:55

Family Life: Married, no children, 5 cats

Occupation: Executive Assistant to COO and CMO of a university hospital

Hobbies and Interests: BBQ judging, reading, kayaking

Favorite Music: blues/jazz

Favorite Color(s): Blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Yuck

What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to climb a mountain after kayaking 8 miles downriver

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? A recent picture

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Nighttime binging

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Snacking, getting motivated to exercise, drinking water

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? wetsuit
Old 07-21-2010, 04:52 AM   #103  

Screen Name: Magnolia Rayne

Age/Age Range: 36

Family Life: I have a beautiful daughter who is my world and a loving, supportive husband who means everything to me.

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing/blogging, singing, dancing

Favorite Music: Anything up beat, motivating and makes me feel alive.

Favorite Color(s): Any shade of brown, Hunter green, Black

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking, dancing, strength training, pilates

What are your fitness/health goals? To reach a health weight of 130 lbs and to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle. To exercise on a daily basis and to actually enjoy it and look forward to it. To drink more water and eat more freggies.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? When my mother's neighbor walked over to my daughter after not seeing her for a year and noticed she had lost all her weight (due to meds) and said to her, "thank God your not fat anymore. I thought you would end up as fat as your mother."

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Exercising regularly

1.) Setting exercise as a priority
2.) Emotional eating
3.) Water intake

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: My brother-in law's girlfriend and my cousin.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A beautiful sun dress that comes mid-thigh
Old 07-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 190/135

Height: 5'1"

Screen Name:SheGos91

Age/Age Range:19

Family Life:Fiance and our cat Ninja

Hobbies and Interests:reading, music, movies

Favorite Music:Music is my life I'll listen to anything

Favorite Color(s): pink, orange, green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? 135 the healthy weight for my height and to be in shape

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? when I was 10 pounds away from 200 pounds I knew I had to do something. And when my fiances EVIL mother told me I me I was getting fat. I just want to stick it to her.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Emotional eating

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Daily exercising, motivation and cuting back on eating

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? Make my evil ex who got my ex bestie prego kicking himself. Also my fiance now deserves a healthy beautiful woman. And I do to

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? all my clothes that don't fit now hopefully a bikini next summer
Old 07-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #105  

Screen Name: bluecrystal9

Age/Age Range:29, almost 30 ()

Family Life:in a relationship with amazing partner G

Hobbies and Interests:making things, writing, bicycling, music, life!

Favorite Music: from folk/bluegrass to electronic to hiphop

Favorite Color(s): anything brilliant!

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:started the Couch to 5K plan, weight lifting (tho i'm slacking a bit), bicycling, Zumba ()

What are your fitness/health goals? i want to be toned to ripped, eventually. i want beautiful muscles! to go from 180 to 140, somewhere in that range for my medium build 5'4" 3/4 frame.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Approaching 30 has been my reason for all of my goals lately. That, and my brother (and my partner's bro) is getting married next winter and I want to look damn good going into my 30s!!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Lack of faith that this will happen with perseverance and effort. But I am sticking to it like glue. I've never actually "tried" to lose weight, it's happened because of my habits--but i live in an area of the world that is foggy and cloudy much of the time--which motivates me to eat carbs!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I want to lift more. But i don't have access to weights right now, so i am doing a circuit. i tend to not exercise as much around my moon time, because i feel really achey and my knees hurt a bit. Since I've started my goal trajectory, i've been on it!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : the 20 somethings i work with/see in class

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bikini! ha, i've never worn one and don't own a swim suit at the moment either. also, something like a leather/latex bodysuit would be pretty cool