• Screen Name: Lyla

Age/Age Range: 29

Family Life: Me and husband

Hobbies and Interests: reading, surfing the web, music, karaoke

Favorite Music: All

Favorite Color(s): Black and blue.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Lift weights

What are your fitness/health goals?: 15% bodyfat currently 28%

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: Got 117 in my glucose level, i was prediabetic, Now this value is 97 wich is normal.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: Cooking. I don't really mind eating healthy, i just don't like to cook

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: I think taking the time to do things. I do have the time and i do the things but not always in the time frame i should.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Myself 7 years ago.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: The cloth i want to buy instead of the one i have to buy cause are the only ones that fits me.
  • Screen Name: neimanmarxist

Age/Age Range: 31

Family Life: Married, no kids

Hobbies and Interests: travel, photography

Favorite Music: bossa nova

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: body sculpt class, step

What are your fitness/health goals? to be comfortable in my own skin

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm the heaviest I've ever been, none of my clothes fit, hate photos!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? "oh, just one glass of wine." (leads to one more plus a bunch of food.)

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? discipline, honesty, consistency.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : myself at my best

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? skinny jeans or a short skirt with flats. I carry my weight in my thighs, and so that is an impossible look for me- I usually need to balance out w/ a chunkier shoe.
  • Screen Name: TheSaraBear

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Boyfriend, kitties, and me

Hobbies and Interests: Music, reading, cooking, sociology

Favorite Music: Indie/Alternative, and a little bit of everything else.

Favorite Color(s): Turquoise, purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Jogging

What are your fitness/health goals?: Lose maybe 30 lbs, be able to do unassisted chin-ups, look decent in a bathing suit

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: Realizing I was gluten intolerant, eliminating gluten from my diet, and realizing how much impact that had had on my digestive system and general health.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: Not overeating. Even though I can't eat a lot of stuff now, I still really like to try different things, and I tend to find comfort in food.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: Just plain not overeating. I am doing ok about exercising these days.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?: Myself in high school.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: Some of my old clothes, and a cute bathing suit!
  • Screen Name: IWasBornThisWay

Age/Age Range: Teenager

Family Life:N/A

Hobbies and Interests: playing piano and guitar, singing, dance, choreographing, writing music

Favorite Music: classic rock, alternative music, 80s music

Favorite Color(s): Yellow, Pink, Orange and Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Zumba, Dance, Boxing

What are your fitness/health goals? To be around 130

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My mom weighs less than me

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I don't exercise enough, and Im a snacker. I am ALWAYS eating.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? more movement, healthy snacks, perserverance

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my mom (hehee)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a blouse WITHOUT having to hide my hips with a jacket or blazer
  • Screen Name: LuciMarie

Age/Age Range: 21

Family Life: Single

Hobbies and Interests: writing, reading, movie marathons, research, being with friends, road trips

Favorite Music: oh ****, everything. Rock probably the most.

Favorite Color(s): Black, Green, Red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking & floor exercises (most things I can do in my dorm)

What are your fitness/health goals?: Shooting for 143lbs

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: There's always been the need and want to lose weight, but graduation may be the catalyst that brought me to look for help.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: I'm a university student. Juggling working on campus, school work, senior project, time, and exercise can be difficult.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: Exercise. Remembering to eat. Uhhh finding proper foods on campus? (small campus, not many options)

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: Catty as it sounds, my friend's ex. She tried making my life a living **** for a long time, so yeah. Her.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: Honestly? I'm not sure. Maybe a bathing suit...
  • Screen Name: Trisaratops

Age/Age Range: 23

Family Life: N/A

Hobbies and Interests: music, reading, movies, animals, activism, vegan cooking, writing sometimes, economics, Latin America, social justice, feminism, learning Spanish, learning Portuguese

Favorite Music: all of it. Modest Mouse, Manu Chao, Os Mutantes

Favorite Color(s): Fall colors (dark green, burnt orange, dark purples, brown)

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love walking around NYC but while I'm at school I'm working on a 10 minute mile on the treadmill

What are your fitness/health goals?: 125!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?: I've done it before, gained again, had to buy an XXL and decided it was time to start. It just happened to coincide with needing a new years resolution too!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?: In school right now, I don't have a meal plan but the kitchen in my suite is super busy and I don't really have time to cook. I've been struggling with finding varied low cal options that don't involve much time/space/effort, especially as I am largely following a vegan diet with the exception of fish occasionally

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?: Eating better? I want to be able to do a pull up also.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: dunno, I just wanna look good

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?: bikini/short shorts
  • Screen Name: MelodyLeigh

Age/Age Range: 22

Family Life: Living with boyfriend, marrying him once I graduate and start my career!

Occupation: Full-time administrative assistant and full-time accounting student going for CPA (In my 4th year. One year to go!)

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, video games, swimming, cooking

Favorite Color(s): Yellow, white, and any shade of blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Swimming

What are your fitness/health goals? To be able to jog for 30 minutes straight and to be able to rock climb

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? No trigger or incident really.. I've been going up and down with my weight for a while, but 2 weeks ago I decided that I had no more excuses. I'm now losing weight with my cousin!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? My family. I don't live with them anymore, but when I do go over to visit, I always have to watch what I eat a lot closer. They don't eat healthy food and they don't understand how to eat small amounts and cook in a healthy way. My dad and step-mom don't understand when I say "no" to dessert or an unhealthy side dish.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More exercise, definitely

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? My wedding dress
  • Screen Name: Aldergrove, BC

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Living with boyfriend of 8+ years

Hobbies and Interests:I love to swim, and take my dog on walks. Other then that me and my b/f are a pretty mellow couple now, we like to do work around the townhouse we bought 2 years ago, and stay in a watch movies etc.

Favorite Music: So many different things. Right now in Love with Adele, who isn't tho right?

Favorite Color(s): Light Pink Blue and Yellow. Love Tiffany Blue.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Swimming and walking my dog.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get to the point where I can go for a job and not be so out of breath I have to stop to walk every minute, and basically just get to the point where I do some sort of physical activity everyday not because I am making my self, but because it's now a part of my daily routine.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Every morning when I get dressed I have a hard time finding something to wear that makes me feel comfortable and like my fat isn't hanging over my pants. After highschool I was 118, and have gained 30 lbs in the past 10 years since then. I want to get back to feeling good about myself instead of embarrased when I run into an old friend.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I find it hard to stick with a diet, I often give up if I don't see results. I need to stop the yo yo ing and just stay on a healthy plan I can do for life.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to exercise more, much more. And I need to learn to make smarter choices, even when I do feel like giving up and just eating that extra slice of pizza.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? bikini!!!
  • Screen Name: Bloopers

Age/Age Range
    : 19

Family Life: 3 amazing siblings with wonderful parents!

Occupation: Full time student majoring in Health Service Administration

Hobbies and Interests: Watching movies, reading, browsing the web, hanging out with friends

Favorite Music: Classical!

Favorite Color(s): Pink and purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking if anything at all!

What are your fitness/health goals?
    Getting in shape and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
    Not being able to donate blood anymore along with some self-confidence issues.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Trying to persevere and not give up in a day or two!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
    Better choices in food, less food, and exercising more

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than?
    : My sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Some cute rompers
  • Screen Name: korij

Age/Age Range:

Family Life: Happily married for nearly 3 years and getting in shape together, no kids...yet.

Occupation: Currently unemployed, future student (Culinary Arts)

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, video games, walking, chatting with hubby and roommates

Favorite Music: Alternative rock, metal, and a little bit of everything else.

Favorite Color(s): Orange and red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking/jogging, and swimming...though I think I might like resistance training!

What are your fitness/health goals? BIKINI

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I have tried a few times before, but lost motivation pretty early. In two years, my hubby and I are having our dream wedding to celebrate our 5-year anniversary, and I want to be able to wear the dress I have always dreamed of wearing. Also, I want to be happy, healthy and fit.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Binging and cheating. I'm really bad about making excuses for cheating and that usually leads to me giving up completely.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? More exercise, smaller portions, and better food in general.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : On of my best friends from high school, who turned out to actually not be such a good friend.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Bikini!!! And skinny jeans!!
  • Screenname: SoCalCowgirl

Family Life: single, sadly living at home lol

Hobbies and Interests: horseback riding, reading, running

Favorite Music: 80/90s Country

Favorite Color(s): blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: running

What are your fitness/health goals? one day run a marathon

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My sister's graduation, when looking at the family photo, that brought me to reality at how big I had become, and decided then and there it was time to loose

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
    lightheadedness, which is making me constantly readjusting how many calories I eat a day, like if I eat anything less than 1200 I almost pass out, so it's been a bit of a struggle.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve?
    making sure I eat at least 1200 calories a day, but no more, my stamina, work on my thighs!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my cousin lol

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size?
    two piece bathing suit, and a form fitting dress
  • Screen Name: Zazaa

Family Life: Live at home with my very supportive family, moving out again in 2 months!

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, writing, travelling, watching movies & TV shows, amateur photography, research

Favorite Music: A bit of everything!

Favorite Color(s): Right now - black (to wear), but colors in general I love white, gold, pink, blue, purple, beige..everything I suppose

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking on the treadmill, Jillian Michaels exercise DVD, yoga

What are your fitness/health goals? To be the best possible version of me! To never feel sluggish. To get rid of a chronic condition I have (HS). To be completely healthy I suppose. No major fitness goals, I just want to be healthy, slim and reasonably fit!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've had MANY such incidents..coming back to my hometown, I've had 9 out of 10 people I meet exclaim - in shock - how fat I have gotten! I've had many people make fun of my weight, and there are countless weight related incidents that have mortified me..I'm surprised its taken me this long to get very serious about losing the weight.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Definitely binging..I'm an emotional eater and an extremist. I'm either REALLY good (which lasts for exactly a week at the most) or REALLY BAD (which lasts for the other 358 days of the year).

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Definitely consistency with exercising, sticking to my food guidelines to control my HS health issue and just sometimes exercising sheer will power to tell my cravings to back off!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I just want to look like the best version of me - (which I believe can be better than everyone around me ) *imsovain* - jokes apart, I really want to just look great, I'm sick of being the 'fat one'

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? A great pair of jeans with a tight white top
  • Screen Name; jmNwis50
    age or age range; high 50's low 60's
    family life; 4 grown children, 11 grandchildren, married, live with hubby, oldest grandson, a cat.
    occupation; Home Care Provider
    Hobbies and interests; reading, gardening, cooking
    Favorite exercise; running and hiking
    Favorite Music; classic country, gospel, and old rock
    favorite color; red
    What is my diet trigger' My back hurts, I am almost in constant pain. Also I don't like how my clothes fit
    My biggest struggle is when i am really hungry and the the right foods don't seem to satisfy
  • Screen Name: EatMoreCelery (tee-hee)

Age/Age Range: 50

Family Life: married for 27 years, empty nest (2 kids trying to be adults now)

self-employed and I also help my dad take care of my mother part-time, former private school director/teacher and also nurse

Hobbies and Interests: gaming, reading, cooking, crafts, graphic design, wildflowers/gardening, computer things,...

Favorite Music:
    anything but country

Favorite Color(s):
    green and purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: somewhat hindered at the moment with health issues but I'm still pretty active and when I can I like to turn up the music and dance around

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to lose 50 pounds which will put me at 175 pounds and I want to maintain that weight for the long term.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I've dieted off and on for 20 years and I've lost as much as 50 pounds, once with Weight Watchers and the other time on a starvation diet. Lately my knees have started to complain at me and that was my trigger for getting serious about weight loss. Also, I'm going through menopause and have some health issues.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?
    Cooking for others while I'm trying to manage my low calorie/healthy diet and keeping within my budget (healthy eating can be expensive)

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Planning healthy, low cal meals on a budget while I cook whole cows and bushels of potatoes for the hubby, keeping a journal of every bite I take, eating more vegetables and whole grains

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than? : my sister

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? anything that isn't extra large or plus size!!!
  • Screen Name: Debigulating

Age/Age Range: 28

Family Life: Married to a currently deployed sailor

Hobbies and Interests: Knitting, volunteering with the local shelter, reading. There are many I want to take up/get better at, such as painting, photography, and playing the mandolin.

Favorite Music: Classic rock mainly, but modern rock works too

Favorite Color(s): Don't really have a favorite.

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Working with my trainer is SO much fun, but I am also working toward becoming a runner.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to at the very least be at 180 by the start of 2013 (that's the weight I met my husband at, by the time he comes home again). I would also like to run several races this year.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? This time around? It was specifically gardening with my MIL. I was getting tired after digging a couple holes. We had just moved in a new place, and I struggled to help adequately with that too. Lots of things have compiled to make me feel terribly unfit, and I cannot stand feeling weak. Weight loss goes hand in hand with physical fitness.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? All-or-nothing thinking. If I eat off plan I struggle to get back on.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I've got the exercise portion down, so I just have to work on food intake. I need to plan better, every day. I need to not stress out about the scale. I need to eat breakfast.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I've honestly never thought about it

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Cute summer dresses!!