3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Introductions - 2010-2012 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/228829-introductions-2010-2012-a.html)

Coffeelover64 02-03-2010 08:32 PM

Screen Name: Coffeelover64

Age/Age Range: 45

Family Life: Happily married and mom of DD16, DS15 & DS12

Hobbies and Interests: Hanging out with friends and family, self-improvement, internet, reading, shopping

Favorite Music: rock, jazz, dance

Favorite Color(s): green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: yoga, pilates

What are your fitness/health goals? lose 80 lbs and get back to a reasonable fitness level

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? My body is stiff and achy, and I look like crap

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? sticking with my plan when I get busy

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? portion control, eating more veggies and doing cardio

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? my sisters

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? bathing suit

farn00a57 02-05-2010 12:50 PM

hello all! New Here, my name is Ashley!

Screen Name: farn00a57 , but my name is Ashley!

Age/Age Range: 23 years old

Family Life: live at home with my family still

Occupation: full time student, full time assistant manager of retail store, part time aspiring writer :)

Hobbies and Interests: I love writing; I am currently working on my first novel. I am gong to school for psychology and sociology with a minor in spanish; so those are included in my interests as well. I also enjoy drawing and the arts in general. Love reading, history, celebrity gossip, museums, traveling, going to the movies, and learning about everything from neural activity in the brain to the history of past wars.

Favorite Music: I'm very eclectic; I love everyting from death metal to opera. I particularly love oldies from the 1930's, 1940's,50's thru the 70's. I also enjoy modern rock as well.

Favorite Color(s): Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: do i have to choose? I enjoy swimming the most, but don't do it very often.

What are your fitness/health goals? I would like to get down to approximately 145 pounds, I'm 5'8 so I think that would be a healthy weight.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit?
I've always wanted to lose weight and get healthy I just never had the motivation to do it. I lost 30 pounds this summer and really felt good about myself. Throughout the fall and winter I dropped off my diet, but with an upcoming trip to Isla Mujeres, Mexico coming in mid-March, I have found my motivation again to get into shape.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Not losing motivation and not going out on the weekends with my friend and drinking.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Need to start exercising more, lifting weights, drink more water

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Honestly, my friends who can be quite *****y and call themselves "fat" although they are perfectly healthy and quite skinny. The ones that say it for attention, you know who I'm talking about. :)

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? skinny jeans and vintage clothing from the 1940's.

mkyice 02-05-2010 05:56 PM

Screen Name: mkyice

Age/Age Range:late 30's

Family Life: married with 4 kids

Hobbies and Interests: quilting, cross-stitch, reading

Favorite Music: Christmas (I try and keep that between Thanksgiving and Christmas day, but sometimes I just have to listen to a few songs in the middle of July!) Really, I like a variety of music from classical to country, rock, oldies.

Favorite Color(s): royal blue

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: playing on the wii

What are your fitness/health goals? I just want to look and feel better.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? It's been time for a long time.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? sticking to it, sometimes it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? sticking to diet/excercise, especially the excercise part, eat more vegtables, drink less soda(it's diet, but I drink a lot of it!)

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Me at my starting weight. Hey I'm already there! So me at my current weight.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? tank tops and shorts!

onic28 02-06-2010 01:32 PM

Hello, Hello! I'm so excited to be here!!!!!

Screen Name: DestinyHopeLove9 (If you IM me, let me know you are from 3fc!

Age/Age Range: 19 years young!

Family Life: I live at home with my mom while I go to college. I have two sisters (3 and hald and 23... I love them with everything I have!)

Hobbies and Interests: Well until about three weeks ago, it was working, sleeping, watching TV and the internet. But NOW I am into exercising, being outside, GOING outside, attempting YOGA :rofl: (I'm not very coordinated hehe), working, studying and regaining my health (and size 12's lol)

Favorite Music: I love Elton Johhn the most, but I'll listen to anything. I really love Country music.

Favorite Color(s): Green and Pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I'm starting Yoga, I like to run/walk. Circuit training is pretty good, and I like fast-paced classes.

What are your fitness/health goals? Ah. I want to be skinny. But, more importantly, I want to be healthy. I want to be able to walk up a few flights of stairs without sounding like i'm trying to huff and puff until I blow a house down. I want to be fit so that when I want to have children I don't have any weight-related complications. I cannot wait for the day that I can accept invitations to go hiking with my bofriend's family. I want to be able to run with my kids one day.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Wow. Well, when I hit 200 pounds I literally went into a depression. At 19, that was the last thing I expected. For me, the Freshman 15 turned into the Freshman 25. After that I sort of "gave up". I stopped trying to control my weight because I thought it didn't matter. Then, I saw a few pictures of myself and honestly couldn't believe it. When I look in the mirror, I really don't see myself as being as fat as I looked in those pictures. It was a real wake-up call, considering just three years ago I was the smallest I had ever been.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I don't like healthy foods. I hate vegetables, most fruits and I don't like things without salt. I am having to traing myself to "like" things that I honestly can't stand. Working out really isn't too bad, but I hate that feeling of exhaustion and knowing I have to keep going... I think I struggle with what everyone struggles with, but it isn't enough to keep me down.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to start counting my calories more effeciently and watching my fat intake and sodium intake as well. I need to get a set exercise schedule because as of now I only do it whenever I can fit it in, instead of making it a priority. I also need to realize I'm not going to lose weight overnight... I set unrealistic goals sometimes.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Oh my goodness. A few women on my boyfriend's side of the family that I just know look at me and judge. And a few women in my OWN family who i've never felt as pretty as. Oh yeah, and all my skinnier friends... okay. I want to look the best out of everyone I know hehe :devil:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Oh my gosh. Most people probably think i'm out of my mind but I think about this ALL the time. I honestly have had to stop myself from buying things that are way too small because I want to wear them when i'm skinny. But my "ideal" outfit? A pair of fitted, faded jeans with a little flare at the leg, a tight white t-shirt and a cute brown belt with cute flip flops with the perfect accessories to match. It's a classic outfit that you can't pull off with a belly that jiggles lol My goal "reward" is a complete makeover (Hair style, color, facial, mani & pedi, massage, new make-up) and I cannot wait for the day that I get all of that done, but on my "goal" outfit and just go to lunch with my sister or boyfriend and feel cute and normal. Ahhhh:dust:

immunized 02-07-2010 05:07 PM

hello everyone

My real name is Evelyne or Ev
I count calories. Seems to be te most convenient way for me to live "normally" while I am trying to lose weight.
I just have to be extra careful with triggers and oh boy I have so many!:D

Thelmissa 02-07-2010 05:49 PM

I'm going to re-introduce myself, since I haven't posted on here in .... a longggg time.

Screen Name: Thelmissa (Thelma is my real name)

Age/Age Range: 19, 20 on April 25th

Family Life: I'm a single female, still living at home, just recently moved in with my mom.

Occupation: Unemployed, just quit Wal-Mart on Christmas night. It was freeing. :D I'd hoped to be a full time college student in the fall but I won't have my SAT scores back soon enough to submit, so full time student in Spring 2011.

Hobbies and Interests: I'm a political/news/celebrity gossip junkie. I love reading and learning new things (except things that involve math, lol), and I'm constantly on the internet. I do love the occasional random day out with friends though.

Favorite Music: I'm a teenager, I love rap music. But my favorite artist is John Mayer, and I can jam to some oldies too (parents are 58 this year, I grew up on 50's/60's/70's music)

Favorite Color(s): Green, blue, and red

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: I love pushups. Weird. I love walking/jogging too.

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to get down to a comfortable weight for me, which is about 170-180. I looked and felt great at that weight, and that was back when I was 14 and 5 inches shorter. :P And I have had knee problems my entire life, since I fell and twisted both my knee and ankle when I was little. Weighing less would help ease this.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? It's been sporadic. I lost 30 lbs in Spring of 2007 and another 30 in Spring of 2008. I didn't lose any last year as I was too stressed out by the goings-on of Wal-Mart

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Binging. I can sit down with a huge bag of any sort of sweets and eat them all in one go, sometimes the caloric counts are 1000+ in less than an hour.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Work on spreading out my eating times. I tend to eat a lot at once. I need to work on having a little at once, then a little a couple hours later, etc.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? A couple friends who are in the process or have lost weight. :devil:

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts!! Everyone is always amazed at my legs because even at 235 pounds, I have such skinny legs. I realize this, but I just can't stand to wear shorts because I'm not comfortable.

a cheal 02-07-2010 09:33 PM

Screen Name: a cheal

Age/Age Range: 25

Family Life: Getting married May 8th!!

Hobbies and Interests: Cooking, Baking, Reading

Favorite Music: Alternative Rock

Favorite Color(s): Green, Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Pilates, Resistance Bands

What are your fitness/health goals? To get down to 160 pounds and finally figure out proper portion control.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I got engaged and was terrified to go dress shopping.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Trying to keep track of everything I eat so I can calculate my calorie intake.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise more, Stop having "bad" days, work on teaching myself proper portion sizes.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My old self.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I cannot wait to be able to just walk into a store and say I want that and just buy it!

mommy2lorelei 02-08-2010 02:32 PM

Screen Name: mommy2lorelei

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: married w/3 year old daughter

Occupation: Jr. Project Manager - behind a desk all day long. :(

Hobbies and Interests: I bake cakes and party plan on the side

Favorite Music: anything I can dance to!

Favorite Color(s): pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: kettlebells and the elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? I want to be back to the weight I was before getting pregnant

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I went to the Dr. to have my ankle looked at after falling down some stairs and when they weighed me I literally felt the tears well up in my eyes.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? It is difficult to avoid desserts since I do that as a side job... and desserts are my weakness!

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? sticking to the plan! I often give up after just a few weeks!
I need to exercise more and stop tricking myself into believing it's ok to skip today!
I cook every night for my family and while I cook healthier meals... I need help with portion sizes!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My BFF who can just think about losing weight and it melts off her.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? a bathing suit! i haven't worn one in more than 4 years and I used to LIVE by the pool/beach.

jennrose93 02-09-2010 10:08 PM

Screen Name: jennrose93

Age/Age Range:16

Family Life: daughter, wiener dog :)

Hobbies and Interests: love to read, just have fun

Favorite Music: Top 20 and country

Favorite Color(s): Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Wii Fit!

What are your fitness/health goals? wear a size 10 by Senior year

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? New Year i made a goal and i'm sticking to it

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? not eating out and making right decisions when i do

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise MORE, stop the snacking at night, eat more fruit

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : Little preppy girls in my school

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? SUN Dress

ncuneo 02-10-2010 06:01 PM

Screen Name: ncuneo

Age/Age Range: 30

Family Life: married w/ 1 child

Hobbies and Interests: lately, just keeping my head above water, exercising and spending time w/ my family

Favorite Music: pop/rock

Favorite Color(s): purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: hiking, yoga, jogging

What are your fitness/health goals? to get down to a heathly weight (I'd be happy anywhere between 150-137, and to exercise 5xs a week (doing this already) so I guess to just continue this.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I just remember being at 267 lbs and not recognizing myself, being completely mortified when I'd run into people I hadn't seen in a while and being out of breath when I'd walk up a flight of stairs. I also wanted a baby and because of my weight I had no periods.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I used to binge when I was home alone, but I'm doing better at this. I also have a ridiculous sweet tooth.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? My Saturday "cheat" meal (day), I'd like to get my calories under 2000 on Saturday, I'd like to do more weight lifting/resistence training, I'd like to eat less artificial foods (less sugar free, fat free, etc.)

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I don't really have an answer to this one.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? It was tank tops, but I can wear those now, I think next on the list is shorts.

purplespeckl3 02-14-2010 12:38 PM

Screen Name: purplespeckl3

Age/Age Range: 24

Family Life: Married, 1 Step child

Hobbies and Interests: 3FC, losing weight, Myspace, Facebook, Video games, Reading, Celebrity Fit Club, etc.

Favorite Music: I don't listen to music but if I did it would be Michael Jackson and Paula Abdul.

Favorite Color(s): Pink/Purple

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Gazelle, Pilates

What are your fitness/health goals? I hope to have a lean but curvy body with a weight of 120-125 or to at least fit in a size 8 or 10 jean.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm going to be a bridesmaid in October 2010. Plus, I just need to be healthier.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I don't like vegetables or fruit.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to stop snacking so much.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : I wanna be thin but curvy like Kim Kardashian. No one can look better than her.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Anything in a size 8 or 10!! :carrot:

beliter 02-21-2010 06:24 PM

Screen Name:beliter

Age/Age Range:40something

Family Life:married,2 boys

Hobbies and Interests: papercrafts,scrapbooking,cardmaking,love going to the movies with my boys(hubby's not big on theaters)

Favorite Music:mostly 80's

Favorite Color(s):neutrals,gray&pink

Favorite Exercise/Workouts:walking

What are your fitness/health goals?lose weight so I can live a long life with no meds & of course to look good without trying to hide problem areas

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I'm tired of feeling sick & tired all the time

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health?long days so I get uncontrollable munchies in the afternoons

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? water,water,water...I can barely drink 1 bottle of water,I can't even drink a whole dt. Coke

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : my younger self!

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? jeans without elastic!

eratosthanes 02-21-2010 08:44 PM

Screen Name: eratosthanes

Age/Age Range: 26

Family Life: Single, but more or less emotionally married to bf of 2 ½ yrs. (can’t get married, would loose disability/foodstamps)

Hobbies and Interests: Reading, keeping in touch w/family, friends online, cooking complicated dishes (healthy and not-so-healthy) cuddling with said bf

Favorite Music: Classical, but I am very picky. Mozart, yes, Wagner, please dear god, NO! Johann Bach? Certainly. Johann Strauss, again, dear lord, not that!

Favorite Color(s): Rainbow, lol

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking is my friend, plus a little weight training. When I get under 230 (have done it before) I add a bit of jogging, though it is still just fast walking, as my knees would never forgive me!

What are your fitness/health goals? First, I want to get back to 208. Then, I want to get to 160-70. I would also like to be able to walk seven miles in a day w/o being sore, like I used to.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? I got back to my heaviest weight (297) and could not let myself get past it. I REFUSE to be 300+ unless I am carrying A LOT of water weight, or end up prego (not trying) before I lose 20 more pounds.

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? Severe back pain, but that is not a problem now that my doc finally understood my problem, and upped my pain meds. Also, PCOS, though as I have had it since childhood, and consequently gained LOTS of muscle as a teen, I have an easier time losing weight (medicated) than most women with this condition.

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to pay more attention to what I eat. It is really my only problem, as my exercise habits are pretty good when I have said pain pills. I have been in nutrition classes since I was a child (always over-weight) so I know WHAT to do and eat, it is just a matter of getting it done.

(Evil motivation) Who do you want to look better than?: Better than? No one, I just want to look AS good as my cousin who is my same height but about 150 lbs. smaller. She has a tiny frame, so I look about as good as her at 170, which is 120 lbs. from here.

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? I cannot wait to be skinny enough that my smallest pants (12’s) are starting to be too big. I can stop there, lol.

Tisha62486 02-25-2010 11:08 PM

Screen Name: Tisha62486

Age/Age Range:23

Family Life: Wife & mommy to a beautiful daughter!

Hobbies and Interests: Shopping, Singing & being outdoors!

Favorite Music: Country

Favorite Color(s): Mint Green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Elliptical

What are your fitness/health goals? To be 115 pounds and to feel healthy!

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Feeling like crap all the time and just wanting to look and feel better!

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? not eating out and soda :(

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? Exercise, eating healthy & drinking MORE water!!

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? All my friends who still look the same size as they were in highschool :p

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? Shorts and tighter shirts (I have a bigger belly so eveything has to be baggy) :(

CeeJai 03-01-2010 05:40 PM

Hello everyone!

Screen Name: Cee Jai

Age/Age Range: 32

Family Life: Single mother of 7

Occupation: Full time college student studying criminal justice

Hobbies and Interests: Shopping, walking, beaches, nature in general

Favorite Music: Christian rap and R&B

Favorite Color(s): Purple but love Orange, Pink, bright Yellow, and apple green

Favorite Exercise/Workouts: Walking!

What are your fitness/health goals? I need to lose at least 40 more lbs.

What was the "trigger" or incident that made you decide it was time to lose weight and become more fit? Initially I was 255 at my highest. My marriage started to fall apart and I decided I was going to take care of me and started to eat better and started walking every day. I dropped 80 lbs in 10 months. I have kept most of it off for almost 3 years now but would like to get to my true weight goal-150 and then go from there

What do you struggle with the most on this journey to health? I eat too much sometimes. I need to practice will power

What are three things in the area of diet/exercise you need to improve? I need to incorporate more strength training, practice better will power, and...hmmm, I think that is it.

(Evil motivation ) Who do you want to look better than? : My current self

What can you not wait to wear when you are at goal weight or size? tank tops and shorts