Old 02-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #1  

Default Calories vs Weight Watchers

Hello I am super new to this place and I really want to make this work and I am kinda hoping that if I start losing lots of weight and make my goal weight then my mom will follow suit so . Heres my problem I do not know if I should count calories or do weight watchers and how much should I eat and stuff. Oh and one more thing I am 5 7 and am young. I am on sparkteens but i just dont find that community active enough this one i constantly busy anyway so I have lost 3.7 lbs in 4 weeks which puts me at 146.3 I would like to weigh 125 but mabye 120 i will see what i look like when I get there.
travelinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:24 PM   #2  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

Congrats on your weight loss so far! It's really a matter of what you think would be easiest for you. For me, it is easy to count calories because it's right there on the label for me. I don't know anything about WW except that they use points, so if points aren't on all of your foods, then you'll have to go online and look it up. I'm sure it's easy as well.

If you are looking for how much you should be eating calorie-wise, I've heard that you should never be below 1200 per day. When I started counting calories I used some online weight loss calculators to see what I *should* be consuming calorie-wise, but every calculator is different. I grabbed the average of them which is around 1700 for a loss of 1 to 1 1/2 pounds a week at my current weight and height, and I eat anywhere from 1650-1850 calories per day. It is a lot of trial and error, and you may have to eat at a certain calorie range for a few weeks to see if it is working for you.

Last edited by Emme; 02-14-2011 at 03:24 PM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote