Joyful's Journey to Drop 26 lbs!

You're on Page 4 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: OH!!! Before I forget.. Can I get your Pumpkin Raisin recipe!?

Thanks a bunch!!!
    Sure thing!

http://caloriecount.about.com/pumpki...recipe-r488704

Let me know how you like it...these have become a STAPLE to my diet...I think I'm loving them too much some days..lol!
  • Food Pics as promised!!!

From left to right:

Pumpkin Raisin Muffins
    Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
    Pot Roast
    Tuna Wrap w/spinach salad (walnuts, cranberry) topped with rasberry vinegrette
    Cinnamon Raisin Pancakes w/Morning Star Veggie Patty

• Quote:
    Some of you may feel 150 lbs is too low weight for a woman 5'9. Since I weighed between 148-150 a little over a year ago, I can tell you that for me 150 lbs is a size 6 and 14% bodyfat. I love my body best when it's very lean. That's just my preference.
    Good for you on your journey!! My goal (for now) is 170 (I'm 5'8) and my sister said, "when you were 170 you looked too thin" which blew me away. Can't wait to get back there, then!! It's great that you know what you want to look like and have that goal. Good luck!
  • For anyone interested...this is what my Mock McDonald's Grilled chicken looks like (taste just like original):

I usually freeze each breast in little individual packets and use for salads or just as a high protein, low cal/low carb snack!

Thanks Emme!!!

• Oh my word I love this thread. So motivating and the pictures are lovely. Thanks for being such an inspiration! Borrowing the muffin recipe.
  • Woohoo! WTG! Great pics too!!
  • Thanks Last Noel and Jennnnnn!!!!! Glad you like my pics! I really didn't think I had it in me...but these cookbooks are not just giving me recipes, but they are actually teaching me to cook..AMAZING and I'm lovin it...who knew?...COOKBOOKS ROCK! LOL

Breakfast - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/4 cup raisins, 1 tsp brown sugar, 2 tsp splenda, cinnamon, dash sea salt - 300 cals.
    Snack - Atkins Protein choco-peanut butter bar - 240 cals.
    Lunch - Tuna Wrap w/spinach salad topped with walnut, cranberry, feta and 3 cherry tomato, and 5 cal. raspberry vinaigrette dressing - 310 cals.
    Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 149 cals.
    Snack - Spinach and Spring Mix salad w/3oz grilled chicken breast, cranberry, walnut, feta, 5 cal. rasberry vinaigrette, 2 tbsp light ranch - 310 cals.
    Dinner - 4oz Bottom Round Pot Roast with potato, carrot, mushroom, peas, green bean almondine - 350 cals.
    Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.

Total Calories: 1,729 cals.

EXERCISE:

Wii Just Dance 2 - 30 minutes (worked up good sweat and had lots of fun!)
    *EDIT* - Didn't do weights today...Didn't do recumbent bike today...just feeling blaaaahhh and really hungry all day ( oh and quite bloated...maybe too much fiber lol!)

Lunch was outrageously delishous!!! I LOVED the salad with the added feta and cherry tomato. Will cross-train today with at least 30 min, level 10 on bike and 30 mins weights. Time to revv it up a bit on the weight and cross training. Going to make a Mexican/Cuban dish called "Picadillo" with a side of "Glazed Plaintains". This is normally a very high calorie, HIGH fat that I am going to attempt to make both delishous and low calorie. Stay tuned...more pics to come...haha!

*EDIT* - Donno what's going on, but I was really EXTREMELY hungry today. TOM must be near I guess. Anyhoot, it was strange because I wasn't craving junk...I was craving endless piles of SPINACH SALAD??? So I endulged. I am of the belief that cravings are my body's way of telling me it needs a certain nutrient. Took afternoon nap, and about to play some Wii Just Dance 2!
  • I love looking at your meals! You are so creative!!!!! I think I may pick up a new recipe book at the bookstore. I have a few idea from online as well. I cant wait to make my pumpkin raisin muffins. I think I will just substitute oat flour and I can make them gluten free as well.

This is random - but I still can't get over this 35 calorie/slice bread at the store. Its not gluten free but darn it, I am about to just say to heck with it! I need all my calories to be worth eating. Sometimes I want a sandwich but my rice flour bread is 160 calories for 2 slices and that drives my calories up so fast!
  • Quote: I love looking at your meals! You are so creative!!!!! I think I may pick up a new recipe book at the bookstore. I have a few idea from online as well. I cant wait to make my pumpkin raisin muffins. I think I will just substitute oat flour and I can make them gluten free as well.

This is random - but I still can't get over this 35 calorie/slice bread at the store. Its not gluten free but darn it, I am about to just say to heck with it! I need all my calories to be worth eating. Sometimes I want a sandwich but my rice flour bread is 160 calories for 2 slices and that drives my calories up so fast!
    Thanks...I'm having alot of fun getting all creative and food is REALLY GOOD! I think that's a GREAT IDEA to sub with oat flour. That's how I came up with the recipe by subbing out a few things and one of them was adding the flaxseed and wheat flour and more pumpkin, then removing the oil. The original recipe called for just white flour...so you should be fine.

I checked my flax wraps - and although they are only 50 cals. they are not gluten free...but I know I saw some gluten free wraps in the low carb section of Walmart (by the deli section). You may want to try to look there if you live nearby a Walmart.

When you make the muffins, MAKE SURE to use non-stick spray in the muffin pan (even if you use the paper cups, give them a spray), or else it sticks BADLY. Let me know how you like them!
  • ooh ooh! You have to post whatever recipe you use for the Picadillo! I used to make Picadillo and it's sooo yummy! I always used ground turkey and added raisins, green olives and capers along with the tomato sauce base. Yum! Of course, I used to eat it with a PILE of white rice! Now, I think I'd try it over spinach or zucchini, maybe a little quinoa?
  • Quote: Thanks...I'm having alot of fun getting all creative and food is REALLY GOOD! I think that's a GREAT IDEA to sub with oat flour. That's how I came up with the recipe by subbing out a few things and one of them was adding the flaxseed and wheat flour and more pumpkin, then removing the oil. The original recipe called for just white flour...so you should be fine.

I checked my flax wraps - and although they are only 50 cals. they are not gluten free...but I know I saw some gluten free wraps in the low carb section of Walmart (by the deli section). You may want to try to look there if you live nearby a Walmart.

When you make the muffins, MAKE SURE to use non-stick spray in the muffin pan (even if you use the paper cups, give them a spray), or else it sticks BADLY. Let me know how you like them!
    Muffins - I used to make my own muffins (when pumpkin) when I was body building last year. I used my protein powder to make the macros perfect (carb/protein ratio) and they were so darn yummy. I wasn't doing "gluten free" last year tho.

Wraps - Thanks on the Walmart suggestion! I will definitely be checking on that. I dont mind eating gluten free but sheeeesssh!!! a lot of these products are naturally just higher in calories and it sucks.

My oatmeal for instance - 190 calories per half cup (gluten free)
    My regular ole' oatmeal - 130 calories for half cup

Being that I have been keeping my calories low anyway,i dont think I would have a problem at all giving my self a little more esepcialy with all the exercise that I do, but I love finding the lowest calorie products in the store. Ha - I actually just love going to the store.. Which is one of the reasons I havent went lately. I was trying to force myself to eat all that I had in my freezer and pantry before going to get more. I am really only shopping for myself but everytime I go, its always between 50-100 dollars and I like going to the grocery store several times a month!

But I guess I can let myself out of grocery store "time out" so that I can make some new items. I will be sure to let you know how that goes.

Stop by my journal for the next episode of GAS-O-LEAN -
  • Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage links - 229 cals.
    Snack - NONE
    Lunch - Tuna Wrap w/spinach salad topped with walnut, cranberry, feta and 3 cherry tomato, and 5 cal. raspberry vinaigrette dressing - 310 cals.
    Snack - Atkins Protein choco-peanut butter bar - 240 cals.
    Dinner - Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin over brown rice, brocolli - 350 cals.
    Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 149 cals.
    Snack - Tasting & Pickin at Picadillo - 50 cals.
    Snack - Large Navel Orange - 100 cals.

Total Calories: 1,428 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - No EXERCISE today

Not feeling insanely hungry today...actually, my appetite has been supressed today....Went shopping for a few odds and ends needed to make my picadillo. It asks for a weird spice called "star anise" (not to be confused with the "anise" spice). Was hard to find, but I finally found it (after going to 3 stores), and also bought a bunch of other hard to find ingredients like "chinese 5 spice and cardamom"!

*EDIT* - Correction, the Picadillo did NOT call for the star anise, that was the NEXT RECIPE I'm making...it's a Jamaican Black Eyed Peas & Plantains Dish...lol! I know...I'm a cookin fool! I'm out of room in my freezer already...good thing I've got another frig downstairs! I plan on making this Jamaican dish within the next day or two. Hopefully, I won't have to cook for at least two weeks after this!
  • Food Pic - Mexican Picadillo
    As promised....Mexican PICADILLO & Agave Glazed Baked Plantains!!!! 435 cals per serving...and D-E-L-I-S-H-O-U-S!!!!

For those of you interested, you can find my recipe here:

http://caloriecount.about.com/picadi...recipe-r503548

http://caloriecount.about.com/glazed...recipe-r503558

• Yum!! That looks fantastic! I'm glad I have a brand-new BMD meal to try or I'd be super jealous! I'm only a little jealous now...
  • Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean sausage links - 229 cals.
    Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
    Snack - NONE
    Dinner - Picadillo, agave glazed plantains - 435 cals.
    Snack - 1/2 cup fresh pineapple - 50 cals.
    Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 139 cals.

Total Calories: 1,403 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!!! WOOT...WOOT!!! I DID IT...I FINALLY DID IT!

Plan for today...soak black eyed peas for Jamaican dish. Find a good low calorie curry chicken recipe for my boneless chicken thighs to make with black eyed peas recipe. Serve over bed of spinach. Also, make shepherd's pie today...yum...have a great recipe for that already!

It's nice to have a variety of delishous foods to look forward to. That is what made Bistro MD so easy to follow...I remember actually looking forward to the decident cuisine! Now that I'm the CHEF, I like it even better because I have more control over what is served...yeahhh me! haha!

*EDIT* PMS'ing this week apparently...cramping already..uggggh! This explains the lack of energy, extreme hunger two days ago...and the general BLOATED and gassy feeling I've been having. Going to FORCE myself to run for the NEXT 3 DAYS so help me!!!!