3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Crystal Light Energy (wild strawberry) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/214453-crystal-light-energy-wild-strawberry.html)

countryhomeschoolin 10-10-2010 10:56 AM

Crystal Light Energy (wild strawberry)

I am not sure how some of you feel about caffeine in your diet, but I am not a coffee drinker and do not usually drink pop (I do occasionally have a diet coke) but I have really been liking a bottle of this Cystal Light Energy in the afternoons. An On The Go pkg, which is 2 sevings ( use in a 16 oz. bottle of water) is 10 calories but 120 ml of caffiene, so be careful and not drink it too late as it will keep you awake. If you do a little research, it has about the same caffeine as a 5 hour energy shot! Ya-hoo for those of us that don't drink coffee but need a boost!

Sonata 10-10-2010 12:46 PM

That's a good find; I'll have to try some! I don't want a ton of caffeine in my diet, but a little now and then, especially when you need a pick me up, is perfectly healthy, imho.

kaplods 10-10-2010 03:09 PM

Cafeine is one of my doctor-approved medications for the fatigue of my fibromyalgia. I have to use it carefully (too much and it aggravates the symptoms of my fibro rather than allieves them).

I've never been a coffee drinker, and I'm trying to drink a lot less diet soda (I'm fine with the artificial sweeteners, but the carbonation is hard on tooth enamel, and I have some dental issues).

I found the crystal light energy and tang energy drink mixes in one of our favorite discount stores (like a privately owned Big Lots).

I like the tang better, but I've never been a fan of artificial strawberry flavor (it's just a personal quirk, not a criticism of the product).

I did try the Crystal Light energy, and thought it was exceptionally good for a strawberry flavored product. I liked but didn't love it - but that itself is a ringing endorsement because when it comes to artificially flavores strawberry stuff, "yuck, disgusting" is my normal response.

TornadoSiren 10-10-2010 08:59 PM

I am with you on strawberry flavored stuff, Kaplods. Never cared for it. That and anything banana flavored. It does NOT taste like bananas. Icky.
I adore the raspberry pink lemonade crystal light. Wonder if it exists in the energy version. I will have to look for it.

countryhomeschoolin 10-10-2010 11:00 PM

nah, right now the only energy flavor is wild strawberry or peach mango. Unless they have snuck a new one out. The wild strawberry is worth a try though, I like it cause it is so tart.... a great improvement on flavor I think.

sandcar150 10-10-2010 11:06 PM

I love this drink! I have one every morning before my workout, and it really helps get me through.

misspriss78 10-11-2010 08:43 AM

I too love this drink, sometimes i will have one instead of drinking my afternoon coffee.:) Its a really good pick-me-up!

kateleestar 10-11-2010 08:48 AM

This is the only kind of crystal lights that literally make my mouth feel weird after drinking it... So much so, I've stopped buying it.. And I drink a LOT of crystal light, lol. My current fave is pomegranite lemonade! Tasty! I also like the Rasp/Peach, it has added fiber.

One of my friends also has the mouth-issue with ONLY the wild strawberry energy.. I like the boost, but.. ow.

:)

kaplods 10-11-2010 11:22 AM

I believe that both the Crystal Light orange and pink grapefruit have cafeine (perhaps not as much as the energy version). I know the Walmart orange has cafeine. If you like Crystal Light, you'll love Walmart's version (Great Value, I think) because it comes in many of the same flavors (the packaging at one time was so similar that I suspect it was made by the same company) and the Walmart version is half the price of Crystal Light.

I think the Great Value cranberry might contain caffeine too (it's one of my favorites, but it tends to sell out quickly).

pinkflower 10-11-2010 11:43 AM

thanks! I just put it on my list to pick up!

kaplods 10-11-2010 11:57 AM

I love the Great Value drink mixes for the price. The only flavor of Crystal Light I'm willing to buy is pomegranate cherry.

I do wish the drink mixes didn't contain so much food coloring. I'm way beyond the age and stage of finding stained lips and tongue entertaining.

coco50 10-12-2010 11:44 AM

I was just looking at this at the store yesterday and wondering how it was. I like coffee in the morning but not in the afternoon, so I think I'll try it. Thanks for the tip!

Lnoelparis 10-13-2010 05:55 PM

The peach mango one is my favorite. :)