Old 09-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Who here has goal 'rewards' for themselves?

If you do, what are they? I am having trouble coming up with some. I originally thought new pants or something but I'm going to NEED that anyway. I guess losing the weight is prize enough but I just wanted some ideas or see if anyone else gave themself a reward.

The only one I want to keep is when I reach my goal weight (whatever that might be) and I've maintained it at least a few months I want to buy some DESIGNER jeans and get them altered to fit perfect! I've always wanted some but who can afford over 100 for a pair of jeans?!?! I can wear jeans to work though so they'd get tons of wear, right now I buy clearance jeans since I will assume they will be too big soon enough. (even when i was at a higher weight and not losing weight I kept saying 'i'm gonna lose weight i dont want to spend a lot on jeans') Also I am 5'4" so petite sizes are often too short once i sit down (i hate seeing my socks) but regular sizes are often too long, but I'd rather them be too long than too short. I never bother getting them hemmed because I don't want to spend as much as i did on the jeans to hem them.

Anyway so that's my ultimate reward (besides being a healthier self), whats yours?
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

My reward was dress up in new sizes. I'd go to stores for "regular" people and try on their clothes to see if they fit and how they fit. If I succeeded, I would go out with friends and give myself a hug. I know it sounds lame, but giving myself a pat on the back and big tight squeeze helped keep me going. I'd always shop the clearance rack or "preowned" places b/c getting new clothes adds up quick! Congrats on your success!
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #3  

OH! And also, I totally did the designer jeans thing! So far i've gotten 7 for all mankind, a pair of citizens for humanity, and a pair of AG jeans that I had to get hemmed up for all of them b/c i'm 5'4'' too and you are right, we are either too tall or short! :P But they are worth every penny!
Old 09-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #4  

guamvixen-OMG! You look fabulous! You are precisely might height and your start is only a little bit higher than my start weight. You are at a weight I haven't been since high school. lol I was in the 120s for like a week in high school..lol it was just too hard. Right now I really want to get to 170 so I'll be just 'overweight' and then I'll debate on going down to 140s so I can be a 'healthy' weight.

Congrats on YOUR loss! Truly inspirational. Do you have your story anywhere on here? I can look it up myself but I'm at work so I'll have to do it tonight.

Thanks for your comments! I totally want some 7 for all mankind jeans. I fell in love with them on Gilmore Girls. (i always thought Lorelei's jeans were cool and 9x out of 10 they were 7s!)
Old 09-15-2010, 04:24 PM   #5  

Yep, I sure do, here is the link... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...lbs-135-a.html

I'm not "technology saavy" so I sorry it's so long! Thanks so much for your feedback! I really wish you the best of luck and if I can be of any help, let me know! I can't WAIT to see you in your new jeans!
Old 09-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #6  

I think it's a nice idea. For me I have some nice shirts I want to be able to wear. I bought them some time ago thinking I could wear them but nope. So now that's going to be my reward: Looking cute and wearing cute stuff.
LittlePinky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:36 PM   #7  
One Fluffy Wolf

Height: 5' 11"

iTunes is a great reward, plus you can use the music during your exercise.
celestialwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I bought myself a gift for every 10 pounds lost. Not food or clothing as I knew my size would change. I bought a gift as I would for any friend. Earrings, perfume, candles, flowers for the house,a new book, tickets to a movie are examples.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #9  

Thanks for the link guamvixen, love your story, we're also the same age too. lol I will be 30 in December, joy! I would say I hope I can say the same after a year, but I started in Feb, so that would be like 60+ lbs in 5 months, i dont think i can do that. lol Oh well! congrats on kicking that bum who wouldn't introduce you to someone to the curb! You deserve better!

Thanks for the idea celestialwolf! I rarely download music unless I'm going on a trip.

LittlePinky- I agree cute clothes are great rewards. I have to keep myself from buying too much now. I got 2 new cardigans and 2 new pairs of pants (14s!) for fall and I'm trying to keep myself to that and mix in some old clothes as much as possible. I will definitely need a new coat come winter though.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #10  

bargoo-That is a great idea too. Hrmm, I wonder what I could buy myself. congrats on your loss too! Simply amazing!!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #11  
Stubborn

S/C/G: 195/1175/145

Height: 5'5"

I haven't figured out what my reward will be yet , so I'd better think of something great! I've never enjoyed shopping even in high school when I was really fit.
Maybe I'll get something art related... hmmm. fun thinking ahead.
I like your idea too Bargoo... maybe I should back-pay myself 20Lbs and buy the new Jacqueline carey novel !
Number8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:52 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am glad you liked my ideas , but my best idea was when I reached goal. I shopped 'til I dropped......I admit I have too many clothes , now, but shopping is s much fun when you don't have to buy clothes whose size starts with an X. I never want to do that again , and no more pants with an elastic waist !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #13  
Back in the saddle again

S/C/G: 249/ticker/149

Height: 5'6"

Default lot to lose

I've got a lot to lose, but if I don't reward myself for every 5 or 10 pounds, I lose motivation...so I've gotta pick cheaper things. My recent favorite is getting the back and shoulder massages at the mall - most malls around here seem to have a random spot where you can get a massage on the go. Plus, I still get self conscious stripping down for a full massage, so it works even better as a reward as far as I'm concerned It's also a splurge I never let myself have otherwise... unlike new clothes -
spixiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:07 PM   #14  
TEAM CUPID & BL BLUE TEAM

S/C/G: 306/see ticker/153

Height: 5'3

I have a "goal jar" that I use everyday. It's a money jar and I give a monetary value to each goal I want to accomplish a day. For example, this week my goals are:
eat breakfast 35c
journal: 25c
Drink 100 oz water: 15c
exercise!: 25c

Each day I tally up my money (you could set any goals/prices), and put it in my jar. Then on WI, I get a dollar for every pound I lose (and have to pay for every lb I gain). I'll use this money to help pay for any bigger rewards. That way I know it was TRULY my hard work that is giving me my reward.

I'm also going to do some big rewards along the way. When I reach halfway I want to go up in a hot air balloon. When I hit goal, I want to go skydiving. I would like a few smaller things along the way but that'sd all I have planned so far.
JackieHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:09 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I got my idea for mini rewards from some others here on 3fc: I have a charm bracelet and every 10 lbs gone I get a new charm. I feel like it's the perfect system for me. First, I wear it everyday, and it reminds me at all times what I'm working toward and what I've accomplished. Second, I can wear the bracelet no matter what size I am, unlike clothes that will (hopefully) be too big eventually. Third, it's really pretty and something I'd actually wear as an accessory, so I really do feel like I'm getting an awesome reward for every 10 lbs!

Of course, once I reach my ultimate goal, I may have to plan something bigger. I have a few vacations planned for next year, so I'm hoping that they will serve to be rewards for reaching my goal!
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote