Rough summer.... back again

• I was doing well all year with my weight loss efforts. Then I went on vacation in July. On vacation I did well with my eating but injured my foot. Then 3 weeks later my back seized up. Then I got a migraine for 23 days. All that added up to me just giving up.

I went back to the horrible eating habits I know so well. Out went the grilled chicken, in went the KFC. Out went the water, in went way too much diet ( and sometimes regular) pop. Out went the gym visits, food tracking, and Go Wear Fit wearing.

Well, I finally got back on the scale this past Sunday to face the music. I gained back 23 of the 34 pounds I had lost. In just under 3 months. It took me 6 months to lose it and only half as long to put it back on. What an eye-opener.

I am shocked and disgusted but I am also motivated. I know I am not the only person to go through this. I am re-committed to my journey. I have my Go Wear Fit charging, my meals planned for the week, and have started getting my brain back on track with my thinking.

Thanks for reading this. I just feel better admitting this out loud. It makes it more real and makes me feel more accountable.
  • Crazy how fast it comes back when you aren't paying attention.

Congrats on not giving up!

You can do it!
  • Hi there! Just wanted to say hang in there! You've done it before and you can do it again. Congrats on committing to turning this thing around! Start that scale moving in the right direction again.
  • Hi. Just wanted to say you're not alone. I had dropped a good amount of my weight and gained it back during pregnancy. Now I am back at it, right where I originally started.
  • Good for you! It takes a lot of courage to step back on the scale and get back with the program. As others have said, you've done it before and can do it again. Keep moving forward!
  • Well, I had a good week back on track. I tracked everything I ate and lost 4.6#!
    Thanks for all the support!
  • well done for coming back and saying it out loud, its so hard when u have had illness, that my biggest downfall too. once a month for 6 days i get agony in my ovaries (cysts) and it caues so much dscomfort, i gain water weight, i eat because im bloated and nasty and i cant exercise, 5 days of normal-bad eating means i ruin all my month of good work. I often find that makes me give up. which i hate...... how can i be strong through some things but not others?

But good on you for coming back. determination is the best thing to have in a diet im sur, it why im still here too.(and the rest of us)
    were ll here for each other, but the single biggest barrier is our own habits and downfalls, which takes time to learn how to tackle im learning.....

keep smiling, hope u ind some good goals to work towards, and hopefully see u again on here soon xxx
  • glug... why is it so easy to fall off the "wagon", especially when things are going well? Here's to being re-motivated, good luck!
  • Reading about your summer sounds exactly like what happened to me this summer. The good news is you have gotten back on the wagon and are moving in the right direction.

• Quote: Well, I had a good week back on track. I tracked everything I ate and lost 4.6#!
    Thanks for all the support!
    YAY!
  • Good for you for not giving up! Weight loss is not easy and to keep it off is just as hard!

Glad you're back and have your goals front and center again!