Old 08-29-2010, 11:29 AM   #1  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

Default CC tip for iPhone users

If you have iBooks (free app), you can open and save PDF files there. Now you can have the nutritional info for your fav restaurants at your fingertips .

It's super easy...for those restaurants that have nutrition info in PDF format, just go to the website in Safari and open the file. You'll get an option to open in iBooks...tap and you're done!

Saves a lot of time, especially in bad signal areas. Hope that helps

Last edited by NorthernExposure; 08-29-2010 at 11:30 AM.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #2  
One Fluffy Wolf

Height: 5' 11"

Hmm. That's a good idea. I'll have to try that.
celestialwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/164/155

Height: 5'9

The Lose It! app on iPhone is awesome. It has name brand foods an TONS of restaurant foods too. you dont have to be online to use it either. I track all my calories and exercise in it everyday!
meremere217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

I use both LoseIt and Nutrition Menu. Both have restautants loaded w/out internet needed. I also have a restaurant app, need internet. If it is a hotspot, I can surf the web if needed.

I like the OP thinking. Downloaded iBooks. I remember traveling in the West, downloading lectures in a Wifi spot, then reading while driving- Taubes, Luswig, Jimmy Moore, journal articles, etc...

Last edited by Karen925; 08-30-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:35 PM   #5  

I use a Nook for my books. I have found some great cookbooks and pdfs on the net. I tried using my iPod Touch for the pdf and ebooks but just found it too small to read on.

I use My Fitness Pal to tracks my exercise, weight ,and food journal for calories. I have some various Weight Watchers apps on there for those days when I am interested in points. I just downloaded a C25k program today. I also find the sparkpeople recipe app (i used to use the food journal too) to be a useful tool. Dotties weight loss zone has an app now, gives points for restaurant and food items. Another great app for calories is Eat What?.
irishchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #6  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

I also use lose it and love it! They do have a pretty good built-in database, but sometimes the menu items for restaruants are a little outdated...and obviously they don't have EVERY restaruant, so I find supplimenting with the ibook/pdf thing is a good way to go.

I will have to look into that nutrition menu app. Thanks for the tip!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

I love adding to my tool box of tips and ideas. I have used more strategies gained from 3FC, that are now habits, than I can count.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote