Old 07-07-2010, 09:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 157/155/135

Height: 5'8"

Default What am I doing wrong?

Hi All,

I used to do medifast and got great results within a month or two. That was last spring and summer. I have - over the winter and I guess spring and fall - gained back 5-7 pounds.

I started calorie counting with DailyPlate about 6 weeks ago. I have input everything (EVERYTHING) I eat and I have been generous about the portions. I am supposed to be losing 2 lbs a week. I list myself as sedentary (I work in an office) and I input my exercise, but again, I'm stingy with the time / calories expended here. I am supposed to do 1200 calories a day, and I only go over by 100 or so about once a week.

I don't get it. I'm not losing weight (or losing more like .5 lbs every two weeks). Is there something inaccurate about Daily Plate? Am I stuck this way?

If there is nothing wrong with DailyPlate, does anyone have any tips/motivation/something?

Thanks everyone!
cmcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #2  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

I would try upping your calories to about 1400 for a week or so and see if you get results that way.
kaelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I like the idea of having an exercise goal like yours. It sounds so simple, but I really think it would motivate me. 1000 minutes a month, huh? Gotta do some math here to see if I could swing that
charmtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #4  
I love my muscles!

S/C/G: 169/149/135

Height: 5' 5 1/4"

Have you tried figuring out your BMR? I think 1200 sounds low to me too, but I'd run the calculation.
I'd also recommend weighing your food instead of measuring. Even when you're overestimating, measuring your food can cause you to eat tons of extra calories without intending to. But since you're aiming so low anyway, that may not be it

Last edited by pinkflower; 07-07-2010 at 09:44 PM.
pinkflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

You are trying to move from within your healthy range to a "slightly underweight" weight. I'm not trying to talk you out of it or anything, but it is a simple fact that it is MUCH easier to shed weight when you are moving from obese to overweight or overweight to healthy. Weight loss is just slow at low weights, and the calculators don't seem to take that into account (they also don't take into account how fast weight loss can be if you are obese, IME).

Two-three pounds a month may well be a good rate of loss for you. But the good news is that at your height and weight, 2-3 pounds probably makes a visible difference.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #6  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmtime View Post
I like the idea of having an exercise goal like yours. It sounds so simple, but I really think it would motivate me. 1000 minutes a month, huh? Gotta do some math here to see if I could swing that
The goal really does motivate me! I love coming home from a workout and being able to change my minutes. It's something so small but it keeps me going and helps me to be successful. Give it a try!
kaelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #7  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelah View Post
The goal really does motivate me! I love coming home from a workout and being able to change my minutes. It's something so small but it keeps me going and helps me to be successful. Give it a try!
OMG I thought I was the only one that felt this way lol!!!!! I feel the same exact way
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 157/155/135

Height: 5'8"

Oops! I forgot to change my goals. I am not trying for 130. I am more accurately 153/153/142. I had that goal down before I thought things through and checked with a doctor . . .

Anyway, thank you for the advice! I'll keep reading and posting. This group is great!
cmcw is offline   Reply With Quote