Old 06-03-2010, 01:18 PM   #91  

I really hope 30DS isn't keeping me from losing I think I will up my cardio a bit and try that for a month. But it may just be my weight loss cycle. lose 5 lbs, stall for a month, lose 5 lbs, stall. etc etc
ShylahEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #92  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Back from another fabulous workout. I only did a mile but it was intense. I finished sooner than I would normally finish a mile. I also spoke with the staff trainer and she was telling me she thought my plan was a good one. She also told me something that I never thought about. It takes more out of you to walk out doors than indoors on a the treadmill. Of course it makes sense but I just never thought about it. I'm feeling great now. I like the cardio and maybe I'll include some lifting but my body is showing signs of a good toned foundation. I'll see how it goes and will tweek as needed. Because I will get comfortably in that size 14 before my birthday. I may go back to cardio twice a day like I was doing for the St. Patrick's Day challenge.

Susie - The TSP's are not baggy which is why I decided to "tweek" my plan. I was sure they would be ready to ship next week. So now I have to go extreme so that I can send them to someone...(Shylah)!! I'm winning the war with my stomach. It's been pretty settled so far today.
Farn - Niiiice, the first pound and it's only been three days...go girl.
MissMae - Unlike most of the challengers...I don't weigh. But I may at the end of this challenge depending on how well my plan works.
Lori - I will try the walking around the house from room to room as a second workout. It seems doable and the little girl will think we are playing a game. How long do you do that? We have stairs so that and the garage...it's making good sense already?
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:03 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 148.8/130.0/118

Height: 5'3.75"

Afternoon ladies!

Thank you all so much for the congrats! It really means alot The bf and I are heading up north this weekend to visit with his mom and have a nice vacation...well needed! Now comes the hard part....Finding a job! Luckily I do have a job now just not in the field of my B.S. But I need to find full-time work with benefits. I will start sending out resumes like mad and hope something comes along!

ShylahEQ: I understand your frustration, but you still have lost weight which is amazing and you are getting so many health benefits by working out! Keep it up you can do it!

farn: Congrats on the pound! And the vacas sound really good! I can't wait to start going on trips like that. Work is good to get mula...we could use a little more. Good luck!

loveit: Hello to you too! Hope your having a good day even though the weather is crappy.

susie: It's not late at all, and I really do appreciate it! Hope all is well!

Miss Mae: I love Maine! Beautiful place! As to your question: I weigh my self every morning...Some may think that's too much, it really depends on what works for you. over 6 years of yo yo weight loss I've found that when I weigh myself daily I tend to see gain patters and i'm able to do something about it. When i've not weighed my self for a while, I loose control. Hope that helps!

misspriss: I missed you! Hope everything is going good...Sorry about your DVR....legs sounds good to work on today! and it's not a pity party, we are all here to listen and support!

jigglefree: Hope your stomach feels better. That's good the trainer likes your plan..you will be sexy in a size 14 in no time!

CorinneIrene: oh yes the garden! man I can't wait to plant ours! Thanks for the advice, i'll talk to the bf about it!

Lori: Thanks again! Hope your breathing is better today, and I totally understand about dial-up...the bf and I have to cut costs too, such is life!

Today is good, back down again, still within my range. I'm playing softball this summer for the English Department at the University...lol my old English proff recruited me lol. We won our first game yesterday! It was alot of fun and great exercise! Finally able to finish all the cleaning today and finishing the laundry so we can pack tonight! It's going to suck this weekend trying to stay OP and wanting to splurge on vacation, but the bf's mom found out she's type 2 diabetic in December and since then she's lost 30lbs! I'm so proud of her, so on the positive aspect, she's going to be eating healthy and we will be eating healthy with her, she won't have crap in the house..normally when we go up there, they eat like a lb of bacon...use lard to cook with..yes the food is very good but look what happened. So this weekend will be good to visit and we will all be eating healthy.

To everyone else I missed I"m very sorry, you all are doing great! And again I'm sorry I can't thank everyone personally for your support and congrats comments. Thank you all again! The weather here is beautiful! Enjoy your day!
jdonato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #94  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Question:
Can trying to keep up with this thread be counted as a workout?

Original goals
**Here are my goals**
1) Lose 12 pounds by 7/4 (I know kind of ambitious)
2) Run 20 times between 6/1 & 7/4 (I count a run as being a 5K distance - I love to run, have no problem doing a 5K - problem is I love it once I get going, I just have a problem with the "get going" part of it)

I am down 1 pound & have got in 1 run. Plan to run this evening but Hubby is kind of injured & on crutches now. So I will have to play it by ear.

Life & husband are getting in the way of my internet time, so gotta go. Good luck everyone.

Dee
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

jiggle: see, i agree with your thinking... I think we should focus on shedding the pounds first and then tone, that's what makes sense to me. If that's what your trainer said to do then that's probably correct. I guess different trainers have different ideas on what works best. I like the idea of losing the weight and then seeing what I have to work with before I start toning. With you guys who have done 30DS and are stopping because you want to lose first, it makes me want to do that as well...haha talk about a follower, huh?

jdon: haha yeah i never used to go on a lot of vacations, always saw my friends going on them and I suddenly realized, why not? Instead of spending my money at the bar or on fast food, I can save up for trips, which is much more fun in the long run!

Later!
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:56 PM   #96  

Jiggle - I'm ready for them. Maybe they will motivate me more, which is what I need. Though a 16 seems so far away right now lol
Old 06-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #97  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Farn & jdonato~LOL~U KNOW MY PAIN ~DIAL UP SUCKS! But seems like farn may have highspeed LUCKY GIRL U!

Ok question for EVERYONE who has dial up still??????

Jiggle~ I walk 45 mintues 2 x's a day at least 6 days a week....I only go up my stairs when I gotta~LOL But when I do Like on laudry day I lose more weight just hate to personally add them into my day But they work great! Heck may add them in your inspiring me too~Maybe 3 to 5 minutes a day if I can take it LOL!

Jdonato~Glad your having a good range day!

EVERYONE ELSE
~OUT TO THE GREAT MUGGY OUTDOORS ~It feel 100 outside here in OHIO! YCK But its sweating away those pounds!(I HOPE LOL)
Gotta go pay bills 2morrow so will proboly log in in the evening!
TTYL ~HAVE A SUPER & BLESSED FRIDAY!
OH Plus today was my kids last day of school....FINALLY!
So I will be a busy busy busy MOMMA! I hope they get this belly off me quickly LOL!
HUGS*

Last edited by Lori259; 06-04-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #98  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Hello everyone, Wow my knees are really bothering me lately, I think the right one is filled with fluid, water or something, it feels tight and swollen, but you can't see it from the outside of my knee. I still go for my walks, but have cut back a little with the jogging. A hot hot bath seems to help it, does anyone else have this??Today is hot here, but that's ok with me, i love it, I was out walking for 40min. I think that pizza buffet was a bad idea for me on Monday. I can't seem to get rid of the 3 lbs. I gained from it. It's coming off so slowly. It gets discouraging, but I am hangin in there. Had 1100 cal. today. No cravings today, thank goodness. I have 5 lbs. to go for the challenge. Please let me know everyone if you have problems with your knees from walking or jogging and what do you do for it???
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:24 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/154("Normal" BMI)

missmae--I weigh every day...like JDONATO said it allows me to see my wt pattern from day to day...like I learned that it likes to hit a low and then go slowly upwards for a pound or 2 and then back down to a new low...all while I'm totally OP...so, if you decide to weigh every day, DONT FREAK YOURSELF OUT! lol it's hard not to, but you gotta try...maybe you should just pick 1 day a week if you think you'll get discouraged...

Ashley...if you're still wanting to do 30DS AND cardio, then maybe only do 30DS like 3x/wk for strength/toning and concentrate more on cardio....I had lost 60lbs of my goal of 80 when I started 30DS...yes, the scale has been stuck, but it's just a matter of time before it starts moving again...especially after being OP for so long...I've definitely built some mucle so hopefully that'll help burn more fat!

SO I DID IT!! I COMPLETED 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 3 DAY 10!!! No, I didn't do it every day...I actually completed the program in 40 days! Not too bad for me!!! I think there was only 1 time that I took more than just 1 day's rest...It's only the 2nd WO that I've completed the entire program (the first being Couch 2 5K earlier this year)...I'm really excited to have completed it!!! I also took my measurements today...not what I was expecting since ALL of my pants are getting ALOT looser...but I'll take what I got...a total of 7.75 inches lost over my entire body!!! The biggest changes were on my waist (3.5") & hips (1")!!! the rest were just like 0.25 or 0.5...but I'll take what I can get! lol ALSO, last night I got my first cardio session in for this challenge (I'm aiming for 3/wk)...I did 45min (just over 3miles) on the TM, first 18min as an inclined fast walk, then the remaining time as intervals of 1min walk 2min run...it felt really nice ... I hope to do it again tonight

Jiggle-- HOPE YOU'RE FEELING BETTER!!!
KDM322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 229/225/1??

Height: 5'3

Thanks ladies for all the replies. I think to start off I am going to just weigh myself once a week. I know myself and I know that if I dont see the scale going in the right direction I might give up!!

Hope everyone has a great night!!!!
Miss Mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #101  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Hi ladies. Just checking in for the day. It's Friday in SK! WOOHOO!! My workout at the gym yesterday was another awesome one! Loads of sweat it was great. My calories were a little low for the day, but that's ok. Today I'm set for my calories, have everything prepared and all. Then heading to the gym again after work. I'm feeling really good these last few days being back on plan again. I hope I can keep it up for the next 26 days until I go home!! WOOHOO!!!
shan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 165/151/130

Height: 5'4

I hope all of you are having a great night. I didn't do my usual walk, but did cut the grass after work. According to my pedometer, that is close to 3 miles. It was also 90+ here this afternoon, so I think I sweated off some water, too. I was down to 151.4 this morning (down from 153.2 on Tuesday) so I'm excited. I always seem to screw it up over the weekend, so I'm not going to bother changing the ticker until Monday I'll see what I'm dealing with at that point.

Krista - We moved here back in 1997 when my husband had a work opportunity. We went through a flood in 1996 and lost everything, so we figured if we were going to start over, we might as well REALLY start over. The company I was working for up there was going through layoffs, and I knew I would have eventually lost my job anyways. I hope you did not have any damage from the recent floods here. Having gone through something like that, it's been hard for us to watch what some folks around us are going through. I really like it here too, but miss my family so much. PM me if you ever want to get together for a Diet Coke....or a drink
AJinTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:56 PM   #103  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Miss Mae: You may also want to avoid weighing during TOM...you know it's just water weight, but it can be discouraging (at least for me!) I usually weigh in on Fridays, but am going to delay it a couple days this week until I lose the bloat!

Regarding cardio vs. toning: I'm definitely no expert, but I've heard it's good to do at least some toning throughout your weight loss journey, especially for those of us with a lot of weight to lose. Helps a bit with the loose skin issue. (Replacing the space that used to be fat with muscle instead!) It won't "cure" the loose skin problem, but I'm up for anything that will help!

I am excitied to get to goal, but I'm also a little afraid of what my body is going to look like vs. what I "hope" it's going to look like. I don't have unrealistic expectations, but I haven't been a normal weight for so many years, I don't know what to expect after having been heavy for so long.

Anyway...I'm doing better staying away from the chocolate today! Very stressful day at work but I was good and opted for yoga when I got home instead of chocolate

Corrine: I am a school counselor. The kids are done for the year, but I have a huge disaster going on with my master schedule right now on top of the regular end of the year stuff I need to do. I'm supposed to be done for the year on Wednesday, but I don't see any way that's going to happen

Well, don't want to end on a sour note, so I hope everyone has a good Friday tomorrow!
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:37 PM   #104  

I'm annoyed. I hate that when I start 30 DS i have to listen to the stupid explanation from Jillian every time. I just want to hit menu and let me pick a work out.

I did my C25K on the treadmill and wanted to go right into 30DS, but I was so annoyed when after the second time I hit workout it went to her spiel and I couldn't fast forward, skip to the menu that I just stopped and walked upstairs.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #105  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

KDM ~Just a quick congradulations on completing the 30 day thing~I AM SO PROUD OF U ! I too weigh daily! IKnow what makes me weigh more ~A change in foods always does/TOM/ & When I take a break for 2 days about 2 times a month on my exercising. OFF TO FACEBOOK THEN BED~THEN PAYING BILLS TOMMORROW WILL TRY TO POST AGAIN TOMMORROW NIGHT!

EVERYONE ELSE
~HUGS*
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote