3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Pizza. Not as bad as I thought. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/196045-pizza-not-bad-i-thought.html)

Aiesline 03-05-2010 07:56 PM

Pizza. Not as bad as I thought.

I found this calclator for dominoes pizza. The mystery is taken out of "how much is that slice of pizza worth". A slice of medium sausage and mushroom pizza is 150 calories. I can have 3 whole slices and stay in my dinner budget. I can have a 4th if I'm seriously hungry and not cry myself to sleep for feeling like I "pigged out". I know it's not a everyday thing. But as a once in a while thing I can have it and not freak out. Yay for dominos!

choirgirlhotel 03-05-2010 08:46 PM

I just entered mine. they say "1/8" of a slice is 135 calories. However, Dominos cuts their pizza into squares. so, it is 135 calories for one square?

Thighs Be Gone 03-05-2010 09:20 PM

I have something crazy to share. I love gourmet vegetarian pizza. I have started asking for the cheese on the side. LOL--I use it for other things but I don't miss the cheese--too many other flavors going on!

lychee 03-05-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirgirlhotel (Post 3187042)
I just entered mine. they say "1/8" of a slice is 135 calories. However, Dominos cuts their pizza into squares. so, it is 135 calories for one square?

They only cut thin crust pizzas in squares (and you can actually ask that they cut it regularly if you prefer), so the 1/8 of the pizza thing gets a little tricky with the thin crusts.

What I do is multiply the calories in one slice by 8 to get the calories in the entire pizza, so 135 x 8 = 1080. Then I just divide that by 4, because I normally eat 1/4 of the whole thing.. so that'd be 270 calories total. Not bad!

Domino's pizza still has a lot of fat, carbs and sodium so there's definitely better things out there that you could be eating.. but if you're craving pizza and just hafta have it, it could be worse!

choirgirlhotel 03-05-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lychee (Post 3187089)
They only cut thin crust pizzas in squares (and you can actually ask that they cut it regularly if you prefer), so the 1/8 of the pizza thing gets a little tricky with the thin crusts.

What I do is multiply the calories in one slice by 8 to get the calories in the entire pizza, so 135 x 8 = 1080. Then I just divide that by 4, because I normally eat 1/4 of the whole thing.. so that'd be 270 calories total. Not bad!

Domino's pizza still has a lot of fat, carbs and sodium so there's definitely better things out there that you could be eating.. but if you're craving pizza and just hafta have it, it could be worse!

thank you!! that gives me such a better idea!!

~CGH~