need a little advice

• as of jan. 1st this year, i have gone from 146.5 lb to 136 lbs (2 weeks ago). i've been using the ipod app loseit to count calories, and it's been working well- it gives me a limit of around 1179 cal per day. however, over the past 2 weeks, the scale hasn't moved- in fact, i was actually 137 this morning (i am getting my period in a few days though). i eat extremely nutritiously, exercise 3 days a week. so is this my plateau? my goal weight is 130, so i am only 7 lbs off, but how do i get through the last 7 lbs and start losing again?
    if the suggestion is to up my calories, i am going to need some encouragement, i'm a little scared to do that- i don't want to gain any more.
    or, should i just keep doing what i'm doing, amp up the exercise, and eventually it will pass?
    thank you
  • first step is to wait until after "your little friend" has been and gone!
  • Quote: first step is to wait until after "your little friend" has been and gone!
    This. Once your friend has come and gone you can reassess then.
  • Can you fit more than 3 days of exercise in your schedule? I agree with above poster, I bet TOM has something to do with it.
  • I vote TOM too. I find that I show as much as +5 during that time. It stinks-but the negative after the TOM is awesome!
  • definitely TOM related. Try drinking as much water as you can, but just wait it out before making too many changes to something that was clearly working very well for you.
  • You should be aiming to exercise 6 days a week - 30 minutes each day for health, 1 hour for weight loss. 1197 is on the low side for calories. When your weight has stayed the same for 6 weeks, you are on a plateau.
  • I'm using the loseit app too and it gives me the same amount of calories as you if I put in that I want to lose 2 lbs per week. However, I just put in I want to lose 1.5 lbs per week and get 1400! Btw, I'm losing about 2 lbs per week and I'm eating more like 1500 calories per day. If things don't go back to normal after you period, consider upping your calories. When you get into maintenance you're going to have to do it anyway!
  • thank you everyone! okay, definitely will reassess after TOM, and aneleh thank you for that idea too! if i stay at the same weight for the next couple weeks i'll try that!