Need ideas for high protein snacks/lunches

• If you want to eat something yummy for lunch or a snack that's high in protein and low in carbs, what do you reach for?

Doesn't have to be no carb, just low carb. Not worried about fat, fats in moderation are a huge help keeping me feeling full and satisfied.
  • I have really been enjoying frozen wild salmon patties for lunch - they are only 110 calories each and 18 grams of protein. I have one either in a salad or sandwich, sometimes I will cut one up into a stirfry. They only take about 10 minutes in the toaster oven and salmon is super good for you.
  • Any type of meat works for me, greek yogurt, I love crab meat also! Tuna fish
  • Snacks: Cottage cheese and/or plain yogurt with blueberries or strawberries. Cheese in general. Almonds.

For lunch I generally eat 3 to 4 ounces of some meat (ground turkey, chicken breast, pork chop, salmon) plus 3 ounces of spinach, 3 ounces of carrots, 3 ounces of tomatoes, and half a pink grapefruit. That ends up being 30 to 40 grams of protein and 25ish grams of carbs. (It's not "low carb," technically, but it is definitely lower-carb.)
  • Snack: I'm LOVING Almond Butter! 2Tbsp w/ and apple. Sometimes it's hard to fit in because is 190 cals. Also a FF Cream Cheese fruit dip is always good.

Lunches are always some kind of meat with a low GI carb. If I need more protein then that carb is beans. Also you can add cheese.
  • I love eating a green apple with 1 2% milk cheese string. You get some carbs and protein.
  • I love for my lunch 1 boiled egg, slice of BBQ chicken and 1 cup of tomato juice. I eat it at noon and don’t feel hungry all the way until I get home at 4.30 pm. Some days when I am late at work and don’t have time to pack my lunch I have 1 pack of instant oatmeal and by 2 pm I am hungry again, so high protein always is a good idea in terms of suppress hunger .
  • snack: 20grams of almonds

or: 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (make sure it's a true! tablespoon) on 75kcals worth of melba toast
  • lowfat cottage cheese w/ a small amount of fruit (I'm prediabetic so have to be careful not to go overboard on the fruit) I add some crushed walnuts or almonds to get some more protein and my mufa in : )