dieting and period problems

• So, this is personal, but what better place to ask, right? I've been on birth control for the last 10 years, never missed a 'period.' I've stepped up my exercising and dieting in the last month or 2, and this month the period was not there! I used to work with women with ED problems, and I know this is common if you don't eat enough. But I definitely am eating enough. I run 5-7 miles 6 days a week, and eat about 1500 NET calories a day. And I am not pregnant. Any thoughts?
  • If you went from a sedentary activity level to a much more active lifestyle it can affect your period. I don't think your calorie intake is the issue, because your calorie intake is a healthy one. If it were below 1200, then maybe. I started exercising daily in November and have had a similar problem. I have been seeing the doctor about it. I am still having some tests to find out what is going on. The doctor said can also be down to stress. You should probably talk to your doctor to make sure there is nothing else going on. Good luck!
  • I agree...increases in fitness level can do stuff to your hormones. are you getting enough rest? are you super stressed? if you've ruled out everything else, i would suggest getting a blood panel done if you are concerned...that way you know that you are healthy. i have a feeling your body is just re adjusting and not to worry but having the results in front of you will give you peace of mind as well. talk to your doctor
  • Thanks for the responses. I'm not stressed, or at least not more than usual. I'll go to the doctor if things aren't back to usual next month. I have been really tired lately, but I've been sleeping more, too... Probably 10-12 hours a night. Hmm. That doesn't sound quite normal either.