3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   whats your favourite dinner? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/191124-whats-your-favourite-dinner.html)

mysticshaz 01-16-2010 02:03 PM

whats your favourite dinner?

hi

i am posting this in the hope we can share a few good ideas:)

i am eating a lot of pasta with lean chicken and fish but my favourite meal is fajitas! and anything spicy!

what about u?

mandalinn82 01-16-2010 02:09 PM

I also love fajitas, on whole wheat low carb tortillas.

In summer, when there were long beans to be found at the farmer's market, I loved a stirfry of marinated pork loin and a mess of chopped long beans over brown rice.

I am also really fond of beef stew, particularly when it's cold out...

IrishRose 01-16-2010 02:12 PM

A morning star Chick Patty on a whole wheat sandwhich thin with lettuce tomato and onion and sweet potatoe fries! YUM YUM YUM!

mulder1921 01-16-2010 05:21 PM

I love a ground turkey patty mixed with garlic and chopped onions. I cook it then top it with sauteed mushrooms and spinach and some low fat cheese. I usually eat it with brown rice and some type of green veggie. I could eat it everyday.

Eliana 01-16-2010 05:53 PM

Hmm, there are so many.

I love a big salad: lettuce, chicken, hard boiled egg, toasted almonds, carrots, cold peas, homemade dressing (olive oil/vinegar/spices)

Stir Fry

My stand by is: hunk of meat, veggie, carb (all properly portioned)

raebeaR 01-16-2010 10:00 PM

My current favorite: A whole, steamed Dungeness crab with a big salad, steamed veggies and a glass of cold, white wine. Just had it tonight!!!!!

misspriss78 01-16-2010 10:09 PM

Right now my favorite dinner is refried beans w/cheddar cheese, little bit of hot taco sauce and some tortilla chips...OMG!

I also like to build my own pizza using flatbread,delish and filling.

misspriss78 01-16-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulder1921 (Post 3099174)
I love a ground turkey patty mixed with garlic and chopped onions. I cook it then top it with sauteed mushrooms and spinach and some low fat cheese. I usually eat it with brown rice and some type of green veggie. I could eat it everyday.

That sounds delicious! I use to eat something similar all the time...need to bring that back in my meals.

mysticshaz 01-17-2010 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misspriss78 (Post 3099598)
Right now my favorite dinner is refried beans w/cheddar cheese, little bit of hot taco sauce and some tortilla chips...OMG!

I also like to build my own pizza using flatbread,delish and filling.

omg that sounds lush but really bad for you how many calories is it?

thanks for the insporation

bacilli 01-17-2010 07:47 AM

I've been on a huge curry kick for probably two months. Poor DH is getting so sick of curry, but I can't seem to get enough. Curried lentils, curried eggplant, curried cauliflower ... the list goes on. Mmmm curry.

misspriss78 01-17-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysticshaz (Post 3099889)
omg that sounds lush but really bad for you how many calories is it?

thanks for the insporation

Isn't that bad..

refried beans 120
cheddar cheese 110
tortilla chips 150

so about 380? It feels you up too! I buy the organic refried bean so there are no Hydrogenated oils/lard. I guess you could reduced the cals by using reduced fat cheese (but I can't stand the stuff:o ) and by using baked tortilla chips(yuk) and the taco bell hot sauce that i buy isn't much calories at all...