3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Anyone using Josephs lavosh and pita's ? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/184578-anyone-using-josephs-lavosh-pitas.html)

crenita 10-19-2009 02:02 PM

Anyone using Josephs lavosh and pita's ?

I found these a while ago in Walmart and LOVE them.. the calorie counts are so low it is wonderful..
The whole pita is only 60 calories and makes a great sandwich w a little light soup for lunch..

They also make these Great big lavosh ( flatbreads).

I have cut upone of those up into sm pieces.. sprayed with olive oil and sprinkled garlic powder on them and baked for a few minutes.. serve them w some salsa...Hmmmm

Makes a great snack and the whole darn thing is only 100 calories... 1/2 of it make a great roll up sandwich as well..

If you look for them at Walmart.. they are in the Bakery section NOT the bread area.. that is why I over looked them for so long . Oh and that they have lots of Oat Bran and Flax just makes them that much Healthier. They do make a tortilla but have Not been able to find those.

Anyone else using these ??????

MindiV 10-19-2009 02:11 PM

Love, love, LOVE Joseph's pitas!!!! We're using Pita bread with Tacos tonight, instead of taco shells or tortillas...

crenita 10-19-2009 02:19 PM

do you toast them before filling in w the Taco stuffing ??

MindiV 10-19-2009 02:20 PM

Last time I used them I didn't...not sure if I'll toast 'em or not....

crenita 10-19-2009 02:23 PM

Never thought to use them for Tacos.. LOVE them.... Thanks for another great idea..

marbear24 10-19-2009 02:25 PM

They make really good pizza pitas too :)

MindiV 10-19-2009 02:25 PM

Well, my husband and I LOVE to make tacos at home, but the hard shells break too easily and tortillas around here are either way high in calorie or too small to hold anything. So we had the pitas and last time we had tacos I just stuffed my filling into one cut into halves...they hold a TON, and they're good...

kellost 10-19-2009 03:02 PM

I haven't tried the brands you mentioned, but I do love the Flat-Out bread wraps that are also carried at Walmart. I bake them in the oven for about 7 minutes, then top with my favorite pizza toppings and bake for another 8-10minutes or so. I've made pizzas with pepperoni, veggie pizzas, buffalo chicken pizzas, and mexican pizzas using Flat Outs. I am such a big fan of these. Not too many calories, really thin, and perfect for personal sized pizzas. You feel like you're getting a big portion too.

crenita 10-19-2009 03:17 PM

The reason I LOVE Josephs.. vs Flatout is it is twice the size for the same calorie count...
I had been using the flatout for a long time until I ran into these quite by accident.. and have been a Fan ever since..

I like that the Pita is only 60 calories for the WHOLE thing.. so it makes a nice sandwich and all the stuffing stays in and I am not wasteing all my calories on tasteless bread..I just need something to whole the stuff together while I chomp it all down.. hehehe
I am going to have to experiment more with them..as they give me a good starting ground to go with.. LOVE PiZZA... ..

MindiV 10-19-2009 03:19 PM

I like the pizza idea! We're making homemade pizza later in the week, and pitas will be GREAT for lunch with the leftover toppings!

crenita 10-19-2009 03:29 PM

One more question .. How do you make Buffalo Chicken Pizza ????

misspriss78 10-19-2009 05:14 PM

I will have to try these...right now i use the toufayan brand and its like 160(can't remember...more than sixty,lol)

Thanks for posting

april714 10-19-2009 09:29 PM

Does anyone know if I can get these anywhere besides Walmart? I never go there, and actually not even sure where the closest one is, so it'd be really outta my way just for pita bread, as good as it sounds.

CountingDown 10-19-2009 09:35 PM

They have become scarce at our Walmart. According to the website, Whole Foods is supposed to carry them too. (of course the nearest one to me is several hours away) :(

dkneec19 10-19-2009 09:40 PM

I love Josephs!! ALL whole ingredients NO HFC, Flax and Oat YUM! And the best part? they TASTE amazing too!!

They also sell them at Cub Foods and Lunds/Byerly's here in MN. They also sell wonderful mini-pitas for only 45 cals a pop.