Old 07-05-2009, 03:40 AM   #1  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Talking CC Labor Day Challenge!

It's time for a new Calorie Counters' Holiday Challenge!

Everybody did great on the 4th of July Challenge.
Some of us met our goals, some of us only got partway there, but we all put in a great effort, learned some lessons, made new friends, and supported each other... and that's what these challenges are for. Now, we're ready to set our sights on a new challenge, new goals, and the next 9 weeks of this journey!

Here's how it works... Set a goal or goals that you would like to reach before Labor Day (US), Sept 7, 2009. Your goals can be anything: pounds you want to lose, a smaller clothing size or outfit you'd like to fit into, sports or fitness achievements, or just a goal of keeping food and exercise on track. Whatever gets you excited about working your plan over the summer, is the right goal for this challenge. You can set as many or as few goals as you like.

All are welcome! If you're not sure what your goal will be yet, but would like to join up and find some weight loss buddies, get and give support, please jump in, and you can post a goal later, when you think of something. Our main purpose is to motivate each other to keep the food on plan, keep exercising, keep getting leaner, more fit, and healthy.

Okay, it's midnight-thirty in my world, and I am ready for sleeping. I will check in with you peeps in the morning!
Let's do this thing!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 06:57 AM   #2  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

This is a wonderful challenge for me! Since I started this has been my goal date, so i'm jumping aboard! I seem to be 'stalling' this week so am trying to kick things up a notch, 'cause it's frustrating not seeing the scale move when it's been moving so well up to this point!

My goals to hit before Labour day:

*130lbs (I may be happy with 135, however. Dh thinks 130 may be to "skinny", so we'll see what I look like at 135, I have a very small frame, so think 130 is good, but who knows! Haven't been that for a while..)

*strength training/toning 5x week (15-20 min sessions)

*Keep on exercising daily. (Any kind of exercise!!)

*Keep on with healthy & clean eating.

Thanks for the challenge!!

Last edited by Moralia; 07-05-2009 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Added a goal! ;)
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

(Moralia, I love seeing women that are my height here. I don't know why. Good luck on reaching your goal! I bet you'll see the scale dip in no time.)

My goals are:
2 more hikes, at least.

At least 7 pounds gone. I've been losing about a pound a week, so that should be doable.

Keep tracking food (which as become a habit now, and easier with the Sparkpeople iPhone App)

Keep up with the yoga and biking and weight training to hopefully result in the vanishing of the weird right knee pain/weird feeling.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 171/105/105

Height: 5'4"

Cool

Hi!

I'm in too! I was in the 4th of July Challenge and met my goal ahead of time ! Anyway here are my goals:

1. Get to 125 lbs. My ultimate goal is around 120 lbs., but my mom keeps telling me that is "too skinny" for me... I don't think so! I want to get to 110 actually. But let's start with 125 for this challenge.

2. Exercise at least 60 minutes, 6 days out of the week. I think I'm already doing this... I'd like to continue I guess!

3. Bump up my strength training to 30 minutes every other day. I've been doing about 15 minutes every day, but people keep telling me that it's good to have rest days, so... every other day?

I think that's enough goals! I don't want to bombard myself. Now I will bookmark this challenge page so that I remember to come back!

MrsLovett
MrsLovett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #5  
Yoyo Master

S/C/G: 182/175/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey, I'm in.

It's a totally perfect day for me to end a challenge as I will have been dieting for 12 weeks (using my GoWear Fit) and after 12 weeks I had already planned on taking a 2 week Maintenance diet plan on.

So my goal is going to be 15 lbs and keep doing what I'm doing right now which is tracking my calories burned and my daily deficits and such.
Alright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #6  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

HI everyone~
Goals for this challenge for me are:

I would love to reach 179 and officially lose 80 lbs.Plus this would place me with just 29 lbs more to lose to reach ultimate goal! (thats so dang exciting to think of Since I started with 109 lbs to lose!)

Another goal Is to Be able to fit into size 10's as new "official" size in the process.
I have a bunch of size 10's ready And alot of them I can get on and buttoned & zipped But they are so dang tight they are at least 10 lbs or so away (By guessing)
for them to be a perfect/comfortable fit. CAN NOT WAIT!

Sw 193.6( a back and forth week for me ~a little above my ticker But use to the up & down weeks LOL~A swoosh should be on it's way Because I am still On plan as always!)

Gw 179

I hope we all have great success with the new CC challenge.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Last edited by Lori259; 07-05-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #7  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Moralia and Annette, to the challenge!

And, of course, a welcome to our returning challengers!

You know why I like these holiday challenges the most? It's because, after the holiday happens, and I've eaten some crap food I wasn't supposed to eat, and the next day the scale tells all (lol), I am SO ready to get back on track, turn over a new leaf, rededicate myself, it's not even funny! Thankfully, I don't have the carb hangover today, but I feel crappy enough, I'm cured of cheat food for now. Also, looking at the last month, I maybe lost 2 lbs, if I look at my weekly average weights, but sheesh, I think I can do better than that!

So, I'm thinking I need to shake things up a bit. Not goals for this challenge, but I'm going to try putting some longish cardio sessions into my evenings, and also try to cut back on the sugar in my tea again (I'm not ready for sugar free living, but I'm just trying to cut it back a little at a time), or skip the tea when I can and drink water instead. I say "try" on the cardio, because I'm not sure how that's going to work with the Crossfit workouts that I'm already doing. I'll give it a try, though, and see if it doesn't kill me. I can do running and biking. I haven't done much cycling at all, so maybe the new activity will burn a few more cals, and I haven't done any long runs for several months, so maybe that will be enough "shock and awe" to kick the fat burn up a notch. We'll see.

Now for some goals:

1) Kick up into a handstand on the wall. Carrying this one over from the last challenge.
2) Hit 160 lbs on the scale. I haven't had a weight goal for a while, since my weight loss has been so slow, but maybe putting a number goal down will help me get there faster. I'm floating between 168-170, most days, so that's 8-10 lbs in 9 weeks, or about a pound a week.
3) Get a kipping pull-up, unassisted. Been working on this one for a long time, and finally feel like it's within reach.

That should keep me on plan, and busy in the gym.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #8  
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead!

S/C/G: 230/223/140

Height: 5'4.75"

Im in!

I am just a week into calorie counting so this is a good spring board for me!

1) It's nine weeks so I would love to be down 18 pounds (2 per week average)

2) exercise 3 days a week - including weights

3) be consistant in writing down and tracking all food intake.
JoviMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #9  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

My Goals

Fit into a size 14 comfortably
Be consistent with exercising 6 days a week
Be consistent in averaging 1400 calories errr I mean daily

Last edited by Onederchic; 07-05-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:20 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Since I'm a teacher, Labor Day is a great end date because it means that school will be starting up again.

Goals:

1) Be at 180 pounds
2) Do the 10 minute Bootcamp at least 3 times a week
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #11  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Karen and Michelle, welcome to the challenge!

Chele, welcome back. Just curious..what is the ten minute bootcamp?
Old 07-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #12  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Thanks so much Cheryl
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:48 PM   #13  
BELIEVE!

I'm here! Hi Everyone!!!!

I have to think about my goals for Labor Day. The main one is to consistently get out of the 230s....I've dropped into the 220s a couple brief times however keep floating between 230-235. Driving me a lil crazy.

I'm off with the kiddos for a bit! Looking forward to catching up with everyone later!

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #14  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the welcome Cheryl & Seagirl!

Cheryl, I love your headstand goal!! That rocks!! I am so ungraceful I can barely do a somersault... lol!!

Seagirl, I look for others in my height range too... Isn't that funny?! lol!!
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Jam - it's a link that my friend has been doing that she posted the other day and it's just a quick 10 minute strength circuit thing. It looks like it's easy enough to throw in during the day. I feel like I definitely don't get enough strength work in throughout the day...it's more cardio-focused, so I figured this would be a good way to throw some strength training in and hopefully build on that.

http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/2...h-routine.html
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote