Old 07-23-2009, 12:58 PM   #1  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Default What do you *REFUSE* to give up?

Is there anything you will absolutely NOT give up in calorie counting? And do you feel it's helped or hindered your progress?

For myself, it's my coffee with 2 sugar & creamer in the am along with salt. Those are my 2 weaknesses, everything else, meh. lol! I don't think it's made a difference at all, it keeps me sane in my opinion.

How about you?
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:01 PM   #2  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

I haven't really given up anything, though some foods I definitely eat only on occasion, not every day. In fact, I can't remember the last time I had fast food. But if I were forced to give anything up, it would have to be something other than full fat cheese. I'll fight to death before I stop eating it.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #3  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Good cheeses.

I cannot bring myself to eat "reduced fat" or "low fat" of most varieties. The taste just turns me off. I'd prefer to just have a smaller portion of a better quality cheese.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #4  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moralia View Post
For myself, it's my coffee with 2 sugar & creamer in the am along with salt. Those are my 2 weaknesses, everything else, meh. lol! I don't think it's made a difference at all, it keeps me sane in my opinion.
How about you?
Well technically I haven't given up anything, however I don't keep crap in the house. What I prefer to not give up being at hand is also my lattes. 1/2 skim milk half espresso with 2 light pumps of syrup (either hazelnut or cinnamon dulche) however I would if I had to, but I don't see the need.

They are only 150 calories a cup when I make it at home, and most of those calories are milk so I figure it's mostly healthy. Only enough sugar as in a lollipop or whatever.

Last edited by Idealmuse; 07-23-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

I second the coffee - made that way as well! It kills my apetite so I'm not sure if it hinders my progress - but it saves those around me from a *very* unfriendly person.
marbear24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #6  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Coffee and Coke Zero are my only two remaining "vices". They're both basically calorie free so the jury is out on how much difference they really make anyway. I've found suitable healthy alternatives for the rest... aside from CAKE LOL but I still have a small slice at parties... just don't keep it at home anymore .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #7  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marbear24 View Post
I second the coffee - made that way as well! It kills my apetite so I'm not sure if it hinders my progress - but it saves those around me from a *very* unfriendly person.
LOL SAME here! It's so bad that my 5 year has many times uttered the words "MOMMY, leave us alone and go drink your coffee, you're cranky!"
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 140/140/125

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy

Ice cream. Though if I do have it, I'll have half of a serving or go with a more calorie friendly, fat free/sugar free kiddie size frozen yogurt. A lot of times I'll have it after dinner and go up in my allowable calorie intake.

Last edited by rblace87; 07-23-2009 at 01:09 PM.
rblace87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:26 PM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

I am willing to give up anything. I don't think there is anything I have to give up, but I'm not ruling anything out.

Some things would be hard to give up, but these are only foods and beverages we're talking about! No one is going to die if they don't get ice cream, coffee, whatever...

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #10  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I would find it hard to give up coffee most of all I think but would if someone could prove it essential that I do.

The joy of calorie counting is that nothing needs to be excluded. Though, to be fair, it makes some portions of the highcal stuff so tiny as to be not worth it.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Real food. I refuse to buy diet food. Except low-fat yogurt. Working on that one.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #12  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I am unwilling to give up any "Real" food, and I have almost completely cut out "Fake/Junk" food.

We had a thread earlier on the meaning of junk...mine was "food without soul"...things made without someones hands on them (ie, processed food).

So I won't give up cupcakes, for example, from a bakery, on rare special occasions. But I WILL give us Hostess cupcakes, fast food, and other foods that are highly processed and have no "soul".
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I think with calorie counting we don't have to give anything up, we just have to be accountable for eating it.

I still eat butter, cheese, half and half in my coffee, pizza , etc. But I weigh my butter and cheese so I know what to track, and I make my own pizza so I know what I'm eating. I don't believe in non-fat dairy products.

I'm not much of an ice cream eater, but when my dad makes if from scratch you can bet I'm having some.

And my wine. I love wine. And it fits into my calories, so I don't have to give that up.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #14  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Love reading the replies, and I agree, I don't think we have to give up anything really, but I have gotten rid of *most* "souless" foods as Mandalinn says.. so trying to eat as close to nature as possible!

And, I hate "diet" foods or "light" stuff too.. ick. lol! The only light foods I can handle are yogurts and light miracle whip. lol!
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #15  

Diet Coke. I know it has no calories, but I also know there are better things I could drink. But I love it.
teresab is offline   Reply With Quote