Old 07-06-2009, 02:21 AM   #1  

Default My body doesn't like McDonald's anymore

I was just wondering if anyone has had this sort of thing happen: This weekend, for the first time in a long while, I totally had crap for dinner. A burger and fries for dinner from McDonalds. Well, I paid for it. Immediately after I ate it, it felt like a rock in my stomach and then the next day, I was in the bathroom like all day. I used to be able to eat that kind of stuff all the time. But I realized that my body actually feels better when I'm eating "lite." I was just wondering if I'm weird or if crappy food makes anyone else sick now.
Katie Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:27 AM   #2  
Maintenance...

S/C/G: 167.5/132/135

Height: 5'4"

I totally know what you mean! Last weekend I ate some small chocolate chip cookies, some ice cream and some M&M's. Normally that would be fine, but this time I got a real stomach ache that had me tossing and turning all night. My body really craves the good food now! That's cool in a way!
Kim K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:29 AM   #3  
neurotic not delusional

S/C/G: 115/108.5/68 (kilos rock!)

Height: 5'6 (Thats 167cm in real measurements!)

Definitely, the extra fat in fast food really doesn't agree with me anymore. I'd rather have a home made burger with lots of salad, or homemade pizza. Mmmmm. At least you know it's going to be better for you - and it tastes better too.
Lila Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:38 AM   #4  
Almost there! 7lbs to go!

S/C/G: 165/137/130

Height: 5'8"

Hope you're feeling better now!! I can't eat McDs.. That stuff is brutal, Dh had it the other night & got so sick he had to take the night off of work! I don't remember the last time I had it, and it won't be again in this lifetime!! lol!!
Moralia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

That happened to me a couple months ago when my boyfriend brought home pizza. I ate 3 slices and paid for it all night and the next day so I decided no more of that for me, nuh uh.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #6  
Getting healthy again!!

S/C/G: 204/199/140

Height: 5'2.5"

Definitely, the only fast food place I can go anymore is Subway. I tried to eat a restaurant hamburger a while and I thought that was going to be then end of me, I was ill for 3 days.
Cebsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:56 AM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

I ♥ Subway . I usually get that "treat" once or twice a month and I get turkey or chicken on wheat with all the veggies, no cheese and no sauces or dressings
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #8  
Getting healthy again!!

I'm a college student,wife, farmer, etc..etc..etc... Doing my Nursing Pre-Requisites. Subway is on the way to the college along with every other kind of fast food restaurant (read the places I used to eat). Often I have to eat on the run so subway it is, especially during normal semesters, like starting in August. I will probably end up at subway at least once a week when Im running late, have study groups, just dont have time to cook.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #9  

yeah, subway is a great alternative. I love them. I'd rather starve next time than eat McDonalds
Old 07-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 8"

I have a very low threshold for sweets and greasy food these days. I had a pretty big cup cake on my friends birthday a couple weeks ago and felt like puking an hour later.

The last ime I had pizza I was in the bathroom all day the next day.

Awful.
Moonlight Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:03 PM   #11  

it just proves that the way we are eating now is so much healthier and better for us.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:28 PM   #12  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Definitely...it just tastes like a salt and grease bomb now, can't stand it, and I used to practically live on the stuff. Now, I rarely eat any white carbs and eat low sodium, always, so if I eat something like a hamburger bun or tortillas, or pasta, ugh, I've got the carb hangover headache all the next day. I used to get headaches all the time, and thought it was neck pain from my bed being uncomfortable, something like that. Turns out it was the grains/breads that were doing that to me. I'm much happier, eating the way I do now, and wouldn't touch McD's if you paid me, lol. Hope you're feeling better now!
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #13  
Jiggle, BE GONE WITH YOU!

S/C/G: 256/185/170

Height: 5'6

I love Subway, too!
I've never liked fast food, but the other day I was about to KILL someone for a hamburger (NOT a turkey burger, boca burger or chicken burger that I had to make at home), so I had a kids meal with oranges and a hamburger from wendys. I was hungry like an hour later!!! It really wasn't that satisfying.
dietcokehead98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #14  
Getting healthy again!!

That's a great point. Its just not that satisfying. I know that I can spend my calories on much more filling, satisfying, and yes better tasting foods at home.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:07 PM   #15  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

I haven't been able to eat mcdonlads since college like 20 years ago. It started making me sick back then.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote