3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   CC Labor Day Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/175932-cc-labor-day-challenge.html)

jamsk8r 07-05-2009 03:40 AM

CC Labor Day Challenge!

It's time for a new Calorie Counters' Holiday Challenge! :carrot:

Everybody did great on the 4th of July Challenge. :celebrate:
Some of us met our goals, some of us only got partway there, but we all put in a great effort, learned some lessons, made new friends, and supported each other... and that's what these challenges are for. Now, we're ready to set our sights on a new challenge, new goals, and the next 9 weeks of this journey!

Here's how it works... Set a goal or goals that you would like to reach before Labor Day (US), Sept 7, 2009. Your goals can be anything: pounds you want to lose, a smaller clothing size or outfit you'd like to fit into, sports or fitness achievements, or just a goal of keeping food and exercise on track. Whatever gets you excited about working your plan over the summer, is the right goal for this challenge. You can set as many or as few goals as you like.

All are welcome! If you're not sure what your goal will be yet, but would like to join up and find some weight loss buddies, get and give support, please jump in, and you can post a goal later, when you think of something. Our main purpose is to motivate each other to keep the food on plan, keep exercising, keep getting leaner, more fit, and healthy. :)

Okay, it's midnight-thirty in my world, and I am ready for sleeping. I will check in with you peeps in the morning!
Let's do this thing!

Moralia 07-05-2009 06:57 AM

This is a wonderful challenge for me! Since I started this has been my goal date, so i'm jumping aboard! :carrot: I seem to be 'stalling' this week so am trying to kick things up a notch, 'cause it's frustrating not seeing the scale move when it's been moving so well up to this point! :?:

My goals to hit before Labour day: :carrot:

*130lbs (I may be happy with 135, however. Dh thinks 130 may be to "skinny", so we'll see what I look like at 135, I have a very small frame, so think 130 is good, but who knows! Haven't been that for a while..)

*strength training/toning 5x week (15-20 min sessions)

*Keep on exercising daily. (Any kind of exercise!!)

*Keep on with healthy & clean eating.

Thanks for the challenge!!

seagirl 07-05-2009 08:02 AM

(Moralia, I love seeing women that are my height here. I don't know why. Good luck on reaching your goal! I bet you'll see the scale dip in no time.)

My goals are:
2 more hikes, at least.

At least 7 pounds gone. I've been losing about a pound a week, so that should be doable.

Keep tracking food (which as become a habit now, and easier with the Sparkpeople iPhone App)

Keep up with the yoga and biking and weight training to hopefully result in the vanishing of the weird right knee pain/weird feeling.

MrsLovett 07-05-2009 08:25 AM

Hi!

I'm in too! I was in the 4th of July Challenge and met my goal ahead of time :carrot: ! Anyway here are my goals:

1. Get to 125 lbs. My ultimate goal is around 120 lbs., but my mom keeps telling me that is "too skinny" for me... I don't think so! I want to get to 110 actually. But let's start with 125 for this challenge.

2. Exercise at least 60 minutes, 6 days out of the week. I think I'm already doing this... I'd like to continue I guess!

3. Bump up my strength training to 30 minutes every other day. I've been doing about 15 minutes every day, but people keep telling me that it's good to have rest days, so... every other day?

I think that's enough goals! I don't want to bombard myself. Now I will bookmark this challenge page so that I remember to come back!

MrsLovett

Alright 07-05-2009 09:13 AM

Hey, I'm in.

It's a totally perfect day for me to end a challenge as I will have been dieting for 12 weeks (using my GoWear Fit) and after 12 weeks I had already planned on taking a 2 week Maintenance diet plan on.

So my goal is going to be 15 lbs and keep doing what I'm doing right now which is tracking my calories burned and my daily deficits and such.

Lori259 07-05-2009 10:23 AM

HI everyone~
Goals for this challenge for me are:

I would love to reach 179 and officially lose 80 lbs.Plus this would place me with just 29 lbs more to lose to reach ultimate goal! (thats so dang exciting to think of Since I started with 109 lbs to lose!)

Another goal Is to Be able to fit into size 10's as new "official" size in the process.
I have a bunch of size 10's ready And alot of them I can get on and buttoned & zipped But they are so dang tight they are at least 10 lbs or so away (By guessing)
for them to be a perfect/comfortable fit. CAN NOT WAIT!

Sw 193.6( a back and forth week for me ~a little above my ticker But use to the up & down weeks LOL~A swoosh should be on it's way Because I am still On plan as always!)

Gw 179

I hope we all have great success with the new CC challenge.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

jamsk8r 07-05-2009 01:26 PM

Moralia and Annette, :welcome: to the challenge!

And, of course, a welcome to our returning challengers! :grouphug:

You know why I like these holiday challenges the most? It's because, after the holiday happens, and I've eaten some crap food I wasn't supposed to eat, and the next day the scale tells all (lol), I am SO ready to get back on track, turn over a new leaf, rededicate myself, it's not even funny! Thankfully, I don't have the carb hangover today, but I feel crappy enough, I'm cured of cheat food for now. Also, looking at the last month, I maybe lost 2 lbs, if I look at my weekly average weights, but sheesh, I think I can do better than that!

So, I'm thinking I need to shake things up a bit. Not goals for this challenge, but I'm going to try putting some longish cardio sessions into my evenings, and also try to cut back on the sugar in my tea again (I'm not ready for sugar free living, but I'm just trying to cut it back a little at a time), or skip the tea when I can and drink water instead. I say "try" on the cardio, because I'm not sure how that's going to work with the Crossfit workouts that I'm already doing. I'll give it a try, though, and see if it doesn't kill me. I can do running and biking. I haven't done much cycling at all, so maybe the new activity will burn a few more cals, and I haven't done any long runs for several months, so maybe that will be enough "shock and awe" to kick the fat burn up a notch. We'll see.

Now for some goals:

1) Kick up into a handstand on the wall. Carrying this one over from the last challenge.
2) Hit 160 lbs on the scale. I haven't had a weight goal for a while, since my weight loss has been so slow, but maybe putting a number goal down will help me get there faster. I'm floating between 168-170, most days, so that's 8-10 lbs in 9 weeks, or about a pound a week.
3) Get a kipping pull-up, unassisted. Been working on this one for a long time, and finally feel like it's within reach.

That should keep me on plan, and busy in the gym. :)

JoviMom 07-05-2009 01:50 PM

Im in! :)

I am just a week into calorie counting so this is a good spring board for me!

1) It's nine weeks so I would love to be down 18 pounds (2 per week average)

2) exercise 3 days a week - including weights

3) be consistant in writing down and tracking all food intake.

Onederchic 07-05-2009 02:10 PM

My Goals

Fit into a size 14 comfortably
Be consistent with exercising 6 days a week
Be consistent in averaging 1400 calories errr I mean daily

Chele615 07-05-2009 02:20 PM

Since I'm a teacher, Labor Day is a great end date because it means that school will be starting up again.

Goals:

1) Be at 180 pounds
2) Do the 10 minute Bootcamp at least 3 times a week

jamsk8r 07-05-2009 02:47 PM

Karen and Michelle, welcome to the challenge! :wave:

Chele, welcome back. Just curious..what is the ten minute bootcamp?

Onederchic 07-05-2009 03:08 PM

Thanks so much Cheryl :D

BarbPA 07-05-2009 03:48 PM

I'm here! :wave: Hi Everyone!!!!

I have to think about my goals for Labor Day. The main one is to consistently get out of the 230s....I've dropped into the 220s a couple brief times however keep floating between 230-235. Driving me a lil crazy. :dizzy:

I'm off with the kiddos for a bit! Looking forward to catching up with everyone later!

:high: Barb

Moralia 07-05-2009 05:07 PM

Thanks for the welcome Cheryl & Seagirl!

Cheryl, I love your headstand goal!! That rocks!! I am so ungraceful I can barely do a somersault... lol!!

Seagirl, I look for others in my height range too... Isn't that funny?! lol!!

Chele615 07-05-2009 05:21 PM

Jam - it's a link that my friend has been doing that she posted the other day and it's just a quick 10 minute strength circuit thing. It looks like it's easy enough to throw in during the day. I feel like I definitely don't get enough strength work in throughout the day...it's more cardio-focused, so I figured this would be a good way to throw some strength training in and hopefully build on that.

http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/2...h-routine.html

david 07-05-2009 07:07 PM

1st goal...225 lbs that means getting on task and stepping it up a notch... 2nd goal..figure out what a kipping pullup is....and by the way...i need to get off of this 4th of july binge!!!! WHY WHY WHY????

Onederchic 07-05-2009 07:18 PM

We have faith in you, David. Hang in there :hug:

Moralia 07-05-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chele615 (Post 2813768)
Jam - it's a link that my friend has been doing that she posted the other day and it's just a quick 10 minute strength circuit thing. It looks like it's easy enough to throw in during the day. I feel like I definitely don't get enough strength work in throughout the day...it's more cardio-focused, so I figured this would be a good way to throw some strength training in and hopefully build on that.

http://www.healthytippingpoint.com/2...h-routine.html

Thanks for sharing this link! :) I'm going to start doing this in the morning to kick start my day!

jamsk8r 07-05-2009 10:09 PM

David, I don't know about you, but my "why" is because I ate sugary stuff and white bread yesterday. I've been "starving" all day and having carb cravings like mad. It's getting a little better now that it's evening time, but all day I was prowling, open the fridge, close the fridge, stare at the potato chips, walk away, just walk away, lol. The day after always sucks for me. The only cure I know of is to stop, steer clear, stay busy, anything, till your body stops screaming for the crap food. :dizzy:

Chele, that's a good routine! Let us know how you like it. :)

Moralia, :wave:

So, as I told David, today has been just one long white carb/sugar craving for me. There should be a padded room in my house for days like this, and the boy could just slip the on-plan food through the slot, till I stop going mental. It's almost over, though. I've had my dinner, now having my sugar fix with my cup of tea, then I'm going to bed early. Didn't get quite enough sleep last night, and my everything hurts from Friday's workout, plus probably the skate marathon yesterday. I've been doing lots of laundry, catching up on housework, putzing on the computer, just anything to stay busy and not think about the food I cannot eat today. I'll be sane tomorrow, I promise! ;)

ETA, sorry David, I forgot: a kipping pull-up is like a pull-up, except you use a gymnastic "kip" or "kipping swing" to get momentum that helps you get up and over the bar. Instead of just being a back/arm exercise, it's more of a full body exercise, and makes it possible to do more than a few pull-ups. I go to a Crossfit gym, and we do a LOT of kipping pull-ups, which is why I'm trying to get the movement down. I've got the swing now, which took a few months, now I just need to get the pull...even with the help of the kip, you still have to pull pretty hard, and my grip and shoulders tend to give out first. I'm working on it, though!

Alright 07-05-2009 11:58 PM

My July 4th feast was just tonight (the 5th) and it was so yummy, bbq with friends and fireworks. I've been dieting for 4 weeks, and this was such a pleasant dinner. Plus I'm still in my calorie range (just the high range) so I did okay. I drank loads of water and will hope for the best come morning.

I also had a day of absolute rest so I didn't burn a lot of calories, but I still show that I burned more than I consumed...mega cool.

Tomorrow I'll start the day with a walk and get a steady stream of movement going all day and hopefully kick out the desire to continue tonight's feast.

Lori259 07-06-2009 12:25 AM

Holidays do not effect me anymore as far as foods THANK GOD!
My hubby says I have great will power. AGAIN~THANK GOD.
I am sugar free queeen and low calorie everything.
Even getting hotdogs that are just 40 calories a piece.
That way when we have cookouts I am just eating low calorie food.
I have changed all food in my household, which has made my kids mad at first But now there reaping the benefits which is great.
If I bring it into the house I am tempted til its gone Plus I am letting my family eat unhealthy. ~if I pass it by in the store I am only tempted for a moment then I move on.
Sometimes it all sucks but I like my results better than I do the High calorie stuff....Hope this is helpful to someone....I am blabbing like crazy LOL!

Anyways~Good Luck everyone.

David~just throw away all left over junk food.
YOU CAN DO IT!!!

AlrightWay to go staying in your calorie range

And anyone else who has "it"(high calorie junk foods) from the holiday~It may suck to be done with it But It isn't worth it~throw it out.

HUGS EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK.

I am typing late Since I can not sleep so ignore my typing errors and blabbing LOL!

MrsLovett 07-06-2009 04:46 AM

Crazy Exercise Lady and Down A Pound Already

I know I'm up early (it's 4:30 a.m. EST. Go insomnia!!! :( ) and I really shouldn't be weighing myself this early... but I did. Umm... twice. On two different scales, to be precise. My ancient scale and my Wii Fit scale. I usually go with the ancient scale's weight, so I'll go with that one again! I've been going with it all along, so why not.

Anyway, I've already lost 1 pound! :D Woohoo! :carrot: . I think my goal for this challenge was to get to 125 lbs? I think I joined too many challenges on too many different sites just recently, and set a couple of different weight goals...? Well, I've got 11.5 lbs. to go!

Yesterday, I did about 140 minutes of exercise! That's over 2 hrs! About 45 mins-1 hr of it was swimming so that accounted for a lot of it! I usually tally it up on this other site. I only counted 45 minutes of actual swimming (some of it was just walking around the pool and stuff) and it still totaled 145 minutes. I only burned 740 calories though... seems low to me? Does that seem low to you? Most of it was through the 45 mins swimming and 25 mins kickboxing

MrsLovett

Jacque9999 07-06-2009 06:31 AM

I've joined another challenge of goals for Labor Day so I will post them here too:
  • Get to 125# by my b'day Aug 9 and maintain within 5 #s till Labor Day
  • Do 4500 minutes of exercise (approximately 500 min a week; already doing that pretty much)

seagirl 07-06-2009 06:52 AM

Mrs. Lovett - way to go!! I love swimming, I go in the ocean.

I'm down .2 from Friday. :carrot:

I did an hour of yoga yesterday which felt so good.

Onederchic 07-06-2009 09:32 AM

Congrats seagirl!! :hug:

ReadytoRun 07-06-2009 10:40 AM

I'm in!

My goals are:

1) Lose 15 pounds

2) Do my Jillian Michael's workout twice a week :strong:

jamsk8r 07-06-2009 03:10 PM

Annette, great job handling the holiday food! :carrot:

Jacquee and R2R, :welcome: to the challenge! :wave: Good luck with your goals!

Everybody else just gets one of these: :wave:

Crossfit workout is done, OP with the food so far, and the carb cravings are gone, thankfully! I'm off to work in a little bit, more weedwacking and some tree trimming today. Been stuck at 171.2 for the past 3 mornings...weird! If I'm not totally dead tonight, I might put in a long, easy run. Need to do SOMEthing to try and kick the weight loss into gear again, as it's been so slow the last month. It will either help, or it will just kill me. I'll try it and see.

dietcokehead98 07-06-2009 03:48 PM

Since this is a week past the back to school challenge, I'll do this:
Weigh in at 198lbs
Consistency in my workouts
Below 1500 calories per day!!!

njsweetpea 07-06-2009 05:45 PM

Include me in! My goals are:

(1) Get back to my goal weight and maintain it!
(2) Do weight workouts 3 times a week (I love cardio, weight training is a
real challenge for me)
(3) Train for a 10K race for the fall (did a 5K in the spring)

amynbebes 07-06-2009 07:15 PM

I'm in. I'd like to lose 8 lbs putting me at 155.

WormwoodDoll 07-06-2009 09:27 PM

I'm in. :)

- Lose 15lbs
- Get more than 8 glasses of water
- Go to the gym everyday to get at least 15 minutes of cardio
- Strength training 4x per week
- Avg 1500 calories per week

After the damage from the 4th, I am waiting until tomorrow to weigh in.

david 07-06-2009 10:03 PM

it was important to me to get back in control before the work week starts...i think i mentioned that my plan is to eat normal portions and avoid eating between meals....subway sandwich for lunch...a little chicken a little rice a little beans and a tortilla for dinner...plus a really hot roasted jalapeno and a roasted mexican green onion...if im gonna lose it and keep it off ive got to change my whole way of thinking about food...thats why im ok with this slow steady weight loss...thanks for the encouragement

Moralia 07-06-2009 10:35 PM

I did well today! Got in my cardio, ate well, even upped my calories!! Dh bought me a pedometer, so it's fun! lol!! I hit almost 11,000 steps from late afternoon till tonight, so I can't wait to see what a full day does.. lol! Hoping to see a 1lb drop on the scale soon to hit that 20lb lost mark...

MrsLovett 07-07-2009 08:13 AM

Hi!

Holding steady at 136.5 lbs. Kinda disappointed I didn't lose another half a pound, but then I think I've already lost 1.5 lbs. this week approximately... I'll have to check my Wii Fit scale. It's more accurate I think.

Wow, exercised up the whazoo since Sunday, if memory serves me... Let me check. Umm yeah... Overdid it. Over 2 hours Sunday and Monday. 55 minutes so far today. Before 6 a.m. And I think I hurt my left foot/ankle. It HURTS and has a bit of bruising on it. Yet, dumbly, I keep exercising on it. I'm afraid I won't continue my weight loss :( I guess I will call the foot doctor today. Cross your fingers that it's nothing!

MrsLovett

WormwoodDoll 07-07-2009 08:28 AM

My stats -
SW: 195
CW: 195
GW: 180

Alright 07-07-2009 08:44 AM

Monday was a good start. I had a nice walk and did weights at the gym. A stroll in the evening gave me a few more calories burned.

I feel my leg muscles this morning, but it's only a tiny ouch. Last week I couldn't walk for 3 days.

I have a massage at 6 tonight, but trust me, my massages are more work than pleasure as she does deep muscle and trigger point therapy on me.

carcar05 07-07-2009 10:12 AM

I want to join in too!! :)

I want to be 165 by Labor day. So I have about 10lbs to lose to reach that goal.

SW: 175
CW: 175 (although the scale said 177 this morning i know it's water weight- so we're sticking with 175!!)
GW: 165 (-10lbs)

Let's DO THIS!

My goals:
*165 by Labor Day
*cycling 2 days/week
*stick to calorie limit

jamsk8r 07-07-2009 03:32 PM

WELCOME to our new challengers! :celebrate: It's great to see the turnout, and thoughtful goal setting.

Workout is done. Today was running, and more running. Knocked 21 seconds off my 800 meter time, and I'm sure I knocked quite a few off my 400 meter time, but this was the first one since I started recording the times for my runs. So, happy about that, but just wanted to die about halfway through the workout, lol. Took a mile walk when I got home, since my legs were still complaining. They do not like the sprints, that's for sure.

My son's cat has done something to his eye, or something, so I'm taking him to the vet today. That stinking cat needs to get a job. Every summer since we've had him, I've had to take him to the vet for some kind of cat fight injury. He's neutered, but we have at least 3 stray tom cats around, and I think he must just be calling their mamas bad names or something. Anyway, I just hope it's not too expensive this year. Between him and the dogs, I'm pretty sure I have about half interest in the limo my old vet likes to drive. :lol3: (yea, he really drives a limo all the time, just because he likes it...he's a good vet, though, and is always entertaining, at least)

njsweetpea 07-07-2009 04:36 PM

Yesterday was back on track/recovery day for me....did 5 miles (4 running/1 walking), journaled and ate clean because I really slacked off during the 4th of July weekend! I'm so glad I found this challenge because I think it will really keep me focused on my goals throughout the summer. Feels really good getting back into my routine again. I did 9 miles today--woke up really early and took a 4 mile walk and this afternoon had my 5 mile run. It's back to work tomorrow, but at least it's only a two day work week for me.

BarbPA 07-07-2009 11:10 PM

Just popping in for a super quick HELLO! :wave: